Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2016 4:17 am
Final update:

After dawn dish soap baths for about 2-3 weeks we killed all the fleas and there is no trace of any new ones ( it's been 1.5 months since initial flea detection ). We had her de wormed probably 2-3 times. First vet we went to ( not our main vet ) was a moron and didn't actually test the stool because she was confident in her assumptions ( costing us a small fortune ). Our vet, tested the stool and found our pup to have flea tapeworms. After 1 treatment with multiple dewormers our dog is worm free! All I can say is, if you're ever in a similar situation, don't give up! It gets better. I will post some pics as she ages.
glad it all worked out for you. She's a gorgeous creature!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
I considered it at first, but after speaking to the breeder, she was honest ( after the fact ) that she did have a flea issue and that she was trying her best to deal with it. That probably explains the multitude of garbage bags all over the place at the breeders residence. She seemed sincere and I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. I hope I made the right decision, for the breeders sake and her dogs
snow00774 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2016 9:49 am
OP - would you consider reporting the breeder to prevent other puppies maybe ending up in the same situation (the burn from the OTC stuff etc.)?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3307 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Solsearchin1, any pic updates? :) Good job with the flea removal~!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
Thanks, sure do. I'll post up a bunch for my fellow dog lovers.

4 Months ( sorry low res )

6 Months

10 Months ( plus my other baby which is almost 8 now ).

honggil wrote:
Mar 28th, 2016 12:18 pm
Solsearchin1, any pic updates? :) Good job with the flea removal~!!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
very cute fur kids
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Banned
Jul 12, 2016
329 posts
179 upvotes
Certainly, breeder is irresponsible person, of course it would be a good idea to inform the local SPCA, but most importantly that you already adopted your puppy. Now we have to take care of puppy's health and the health of your other dogs. I think that the procedure should be repeated. I'd like to suggest you another reliable recipe, based on the natural ingredients, for getting rid of fleas.

This contains lemon and lemon contains something, which is a chemical that kills and repels fleas but is harmless to us or our pets.

You will need…

-1 freshly sliced up lemon
-1 pot of fresh water
-a comb, sponge, or brush

Boil a pot of water and add the slices of a freshly cut lemon to it. Turn off the heat after the lemons has been added and cover the pot, letting the mixture steep overnight. The next day dip a comb or your pets brush in the liquid (make sure it’s sufficiently cool) and run it through their hair. A sponge works as well, especially if you have a very short haired breed. A quick version is to bring water to a vigorous boil and then pour over a freshly sliced lemon. Then just dip the comb, let it cool, and use as above.