Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

New Raspberry Pi 4 Released (Various Models) - $47-$75+

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2019 2:01 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
mouf wrote: Forever. The RPis use a proprietary SoC thus preventing the production of knockoff boards.
Please stop talking about what you have no idea about. I have bought a handful of pi's over the years off aliexpress.
[My original question: when can I buy the 4's off aliexpress and not get sexually assaulted on shipping]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
bluenote wrote: Please stop talking about what you have no idea about. I have bought a handful of pi's over the years off aliexpress.
[My original question: when can I buy the 4's off aliexpress and not get sexually assaulted on shipping]
Eventually amazon will have them on prime soon. For now i just ordered the 4 and a zeo w as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
bluenote wrote: Please stop talking about what you have no idea about. I have bought a handful of pi's over the years off aliexpress.
I believe those are licensed to be made in China and not knockoffs, hence the similar price and same performance. Correct me if I’m wrong though.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3074 posts
2101 upvotes
Midland
My raspberry pi 3 was made in China although I heard they have old models where it says made in the UK.
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
The RPi's SoC is proprietary, end of story. As such it is (almost) impossible to replicate. That's why you won't see knockoff boards any time soon. What you bought is the licensed Chinese version of the board, which is almost identical and is sold for the same price.
Last edited by mouf on Jul 24th, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
Angultra wrote: I believe those are licensed to be made in China and not knockoffs, hence the similar price and same performance. Correct me if I’m wrong though.
Correct.
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
Too bad buyapi has shipping rates.

This prevented me from buying both a Pi4 and a Pi0 W
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1597 posts
1455 upvotes
Fularu wrote: Too bad buyapi has shipping rates.

Given they have some of the best prices I do not think they could offer free shipping.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4369 upvotes
Winnipeg
joe2k1 wrote: My raspberry pi 3 was made in China although I heard they have old models where it says made in the UK.
There are all mostly made in the sony plant in uk. All zeros are for sure as to why its only 1 per person. But due to demand they have a plant in china and its monitored for quality control by the foundation. No different than the uk plant. But china and india requested a lower price for there economy so they do sell non certified versions(red pcbs) for those countries cheaper. There are no broadcom clones of the rpi.
Fularu wrote: Too bad buyapi has shipping rates.

The rated price of rpi's are the same price for resellers as direct buyers= no deals. Any deal is at a loss from reseller or is price adjusted by rpi foundation. They add the shipping rates to compensate their time.
Nov 25, 2013
419 posts
371 upvotes
Hoth
I'm new to the world of PI, question..
can you play 4k movies or 1080p ones with ease?
Thx

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)