Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] *New* Rogers Atlantic Bundle 99.99$ HomePhone/TV/Internet

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2014 2:51 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1792 posts
193 upvotes
This promo got extended and if you signed up after feb 15(?) it's no longer a 3 year contract. Just month to month :)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1067 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rogersvictims wrote:
May 13th, 2013 10:28 pm
Any body get any other deals on the $99...I already own the Modem and would like a 2nd PVR instead of the 2nd HD terminal box? Let me know, if anybody did anything besides the fixed $99 deal....I upgraded from Digital Plus to VIP $13 and then an upgrade to HD VIP which was another $10....but could not get a discount on this 13 + 10 = $23 extra cost..
They were pretty firm on their 'substitutes' per say when I called in to take advantage of this. I however just chose to stick with the bundle minus home phone services and had the installation fee knocked off. Monthly: $85.99 Cable and Internet.
Jul 23, 2013
7 posts
5 upvotes
Ok, just to warn everyone on here signing up for the rogers so called "no contract". I signed up for it after 2 months a number of issues (wont get into them) bell aliant came around with a great deal also 3 year guranteed price for 3 years. I called to cancel and put in my 30 day notice. Ok , so this is the part they wont tell you , when I got my final bill it was $260. More than double the $100+tax. I called an inquired and they informed me that because I asked to cancel they cancel the specialized pricing and for the final month you have to pay full price for all the services.

Ya , pretty shaddy if you ask me. I basically told them to stuff it and they have 2 choices either 1) they honor the $100 a month price guarantee and I give them their $115 or 2) they get nothing from me for the final month and I never consider their services again.
Aug 11, 2009
878 posts
183 upvotes
Brampton
Bug001 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2013 8:39 am
Ok, just to warn everyone on here signing up for the rogers so called "no contract". I signed up for it after 2 months a number of issues (wont get into them) bell aliant came around with a great deal also 3 year guranteed price for 3 years. I called to cancel and put in my 30 day notice. Ok , so this is the part they wont tell you , when I got my final bill it was $260. More than double the $100+tax. I called an inquired and they informed me that because I asked to cancel they cancel the specialized pricing and for the final month you have to pay full price for all the services.

Ya , pretty shaddy if you ask me. I basically told them to stuff it and they have 2 choices either 1) they honor the $100 a month price guarantee and I give them their $115 or 2) they get nothing from me for the final month and I never consider their services again.
They will get their money back one day if you don't give them. They are the goons here.
Jan 12, 2007
337 posts
28 upvotes
Bug001 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2013 8:39 am

Shouldn't have happened like that. What I think happened is that the agent either removed your discount then canceled your account or canceled your services then reactivated it without discounts for the final month. Either way call in and get it fixed. Also look at the dates you are being charged for.
Oct 13, 2013
1 posts
Why the Maritimes gets the 99 deal is COMPETITION. Bell Aliant has their bundles, Rogers came out with theirs - now the ball is in Bell Aliant's court. Economics 101 - byes!! You people from the "Center of the Universe" don't seem to grasp this!!!
Feb 25, 2011
5 posts
newfoundland
I am on bell fibre op tv with 80/30 unlimited data, phone and tv. 2 receivers and 1 PVR. I was paying $176 per month for last 12 months. I called to cancel stating Rogers $99 3 year offer. They offered me $25 right off the bat. I refused. I got a letter express mailed after 2 days. I called and refused a similar offer. I got another call, and they gave me the same package I have for $117 / month. The same package is currently $162 on fibre op website. My service is better than the Rogers Internet I feel, so I am happy.
Oct 27, 2014
1 posts
Bay du Vin, NB
My father in law just got this in NB Canada. Internet, deluxe home phone, TV. Guaranteed 3 years at that price(no contract). Only problem is the basic package has only one sports channel(#22). He has less now than he had before when he had just the basic Rogers cable. He does have free long distance throughout Canada which he did not have before. My advice would be: Check out what channels you actually get before ordering. I do not know where they come up with 200+ channels. He is not getting these.
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
shawman506 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2014 2:00 pm
My father in law just got this in NB Canada. Internet, deluxe home phone, TV. Guaranteed 3 years at that price(no contract). Only problem is the basic package has only one sports channel(#22). He has less now than he had before when he had just the basic Rogers cable. He does have free long distance throughout Canada which he did not have before. My advice would be: Check out what channels you actually get before ordering. I do not know where they come up with 200+ channels. He is not getting these.
They count all the music, French, English, movie, information, PPV, etc. channels.

A bit deceptive.