[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto

New Scammers and Warning Forum Rules - This thread is not for petty complaints

Hello all,

This forum is meant to help make it easier to avoid scammers. This forum is not for petty complaints like "UserX showed up an hour late for our trade" or "UserY backed out at the last minute".

You should only create a new thread here if a trader has or has tried to rip you off.

Be reasonable, sometimes people do get sick/go on vacation/have car trouble. Please only create a thread when you know you have been ripped off.

Thanks,

-Ryan
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27751 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Well done for finally getting this upNrunning.

Naturally., it is only a tool, and won't 100% avoid people being scammed-but just like any tool, with proper useage, may help get the job done.

I'm curious why there wasn't any cross-board advertising about it? An annoucement c/o adminCP or such? The only reason I found out about it is because somebody (not a mod/admin) pm'd me to say so...I was shocked to learn it's already been kickin' around for 3-4 days?

Cheers.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
2507 posts
21 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Jan 27th, 2007 12:04 pm
Well done for finally getting this upNrunning.

Naturally., it is only a tool, and won't 100% avoid people being scammed-but just like any tool, with proper useage, may help get the job done.

I'm curious why there wasn't any cross-board advertising about it? An annoucement c/o adminCP or such? The only reason I found out about it is because somebody (not a mod/admin) pm'd me to say so...I was shocked to learn it's already been kickin' around for 3-4 days?

Cheers.
Congrats Bubbletea. looks like your wish is granted. :lol:
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
3661 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
-
Ryan shouldn't we know of blatant "no-shows" so we can avoid wasting our time and gasoline with these people? Driving 45 mins to Scarboro Town Center to supposedly meet a blatant liar and he he doesn't show up is a rip off in my opinion. Don't ban threads of no-shows.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27751 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
OUCH....why would you commute 45mins for a deal? Just can't turn down the Ryan & Derek memorobilia from last years picnic eh? :D
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11901 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
Feb 5th, 2009 1:04 am
Ryan shouldn't we know of blatant "no-shows" so we can avoid wasting our time and gasoline with these people? Driving 45 mins to Scarboro Town Center to supposedly meet a blatant liar and he he doesn't show up is a rip off in my opinion. Don't ban threads of no-shows.
I hate to agree with the guy, but I think this needs to be emphasized a little more.
Deal with it.
Jan 15, 2014
19 posts
5 upvotes
Spruce Grove
First use:
Tastygo
ads and web page still going, but no ph or ability to contact. You won't get the item. Don't know if company bankrupt or what? Ri8pped off. Waiting for item tried to contact and there is nothing. ph don't work and emails are no reply.