Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] New Shaw Student Discount (Insider Info) - Aug. 6th - Oct. 15th, New Type of Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2008 12:29 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2877 posts
37 upvotes

[Shaw] New Shaw Student Discount (Insider Info) - Aug. 6th - Oct. 15th, New Type of Deal

I thought I would continue the tradition of being the first to post Shaw student discounts :) This year includes a good deal on phone. As usual, the rules are you must do it instore and show valid student ID, although some people are successful doing it over the phone (CSR's who don't read). Must prepay 8 months of service, but some people say they can get monthly (again CSR's who don't read). Yes, Basic cable is going up by $7 vs. the old student discount. Good luck, have a good school year!

"Back to School Triple Play 2007"

Offer number: 37
Promotion period: Aug. 6th - Oct. 15th (possibly different start dates in different regions)

Triple play (phone/inet/tv): 70.95 x 8 months = $567.60
Breakdown:
1. TV
i. Basic = 16.75 x 8 months = $134
ii. Full = 28.75 x 8 months = $230
2. Inet
i. HS = 22.45 x 8 months = $179.60
ii. HS + X = 32.45 x 8 months = $259.60
3. Phone
i. DP Lite = 19.75 x 8 months = $158
a. Add call waiting and voicemail = $5.95 x 8 months = $47.60

DP Lite includes call forwarding, three way calling, caller id, call return, and 4 cents to all of North America and many other countries. To find out which countries, go to: Here
Use the bottom drop down menu, if you select a country and the landline price is 0.00*, then it is 4 cents/minute.

Note: Students can combine multiple services or purchase any service standalone (TV/Inet/Phone)

Q. What happens when the 8 months are over?
Promotion codes will auto-expire and regular billing begins. So, if the student is going away for the summer, they need to call Shaw to have the account closed. Each system is responsible for contacting and switching customers to the appropriate bundle/package after the 8 months. Please note, these accounts will appear on the weekly exception reports distributed by the Account Errors Team and do not need to be manually tracked.
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
169 replies
Jun 23, 2002
797 posts
6 upvotes
thanks for the post , now i just have to wait for my telus contract to run out in sept
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
352 upvotes
thanks this is perfect

nevermind not available in the area... damn

does rogers or bell have something similar for students?
Jan 23, 2006
453 posts
26 upvotes
Good deal... doesn't look like they offer service in Kingston anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2001
1186 posts
28 upvotes
Burnaby
What if you have/want the full digital phone, not the Lite version? How much is that?

Thanks for the info!

hades
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
45 upvotes
kajan23 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 11:58 pm
Good deal... doesn't look like they offer service in Kingston anymore.
Did Shaw operate in Kingston previously?

I'm moving to Kingston for grad school this September...who is the best ISP in Kingston? I love Shaw...very sad to hear that they don't operate there...
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2005
4801 posts
414 upvotes
paaji wrote:
Jul 29th, 2007 1:35 am
55.95 is Digital phone and 29.95 for lite.

By the way there is good chance that Rogers is taking over Shaw. Offer is already there. If that happens there is going to be lot changes.
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/fina ... 43&k=40041
Noooooo I don't want Robbers back! I remember when they used to serve the Vancouver area, they were pretty awful. They also liked to overload their cable internet network so it would get really slow during the day.

But moreover, Rogers seems to be taking over everything, it's getting scary.
Oct 19, 2006
45 posts
Vancouver, BC
philelmo wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 8:53 pm
Note: Students can combine multiple services or purchase any service standalone (TV/Inet/Phone)
Can you confirm that I can receive the student discounted price if I sign up for for ONLY the TV service?

I tried to enroll with the student special last year, only wanting the TV service, but the CSR's were adamant that I must sign up for TV and internet...> :(

That would be ideal if it has changed! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
1416 posts
46 upvotes
philelmo:

Sorry if this has been asked before but how does the situation with the cable modem work? Does one need to purchase it outright, or can a student rent it?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2005
4801 posts
414 upvotes
De_Constructor wrote:
Jul 29th, 2007 2:09 am
philelmo:

Sorry if this has been asked before but how does the situation with the cable modem work? Does one need to purchase it outright, or can a student rent it?
Traditionally the rental has been included in the student price which is awesome.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
45 upvotes
I signed up for the student promo at 2 different homes in the last 2 years. Both times I had to purchase the modem.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2877 posts
37 upvotes
Hellfire wrote:
Jul 28th, 2007 10:36 pm
What if you want the full Digital phone, not the lite one, that is $55/month?

Any discount off it?
Hi, it doesn't say there are any discounts for full, most likely there is no discount, but i'll update if there is. Currently it is 55.00 per month. In case you're wondering, the difference between lite and full is 1000 minutes/month to different countries and VM/CW included
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
× < >