Personal Finance

New Simplii customers, are you getting emails?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 10:54 pm
Tags:
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
saberon2016 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:37 am
When I opened a Tangerine account, I did the Canada Post ID verification. Basically I went with a # provided by Tangerine and my drivers license. The employee typed in the reference number, looked at my ID and pushed a button and said "You're done". When I got home there was an email from Tangerine saying my ID was verified.
So how does Tangerine get your signature on their file ? Did you have to mail a form or VOID check with your signature on it ?

I mean tomorrow you sign & write a check, what does Tangerine compare the sign on the check with ?
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
I've never mailed Tangerine a cheque because I don't have cheques. I'm 95% sure I didn't have to mail any sort of form in either.
Oct 14, 2012
452 posts
199 upvotes
Woodstock
@utuber for Tangerine if you are opening a Chequing account, and you choose to prove your id at a Post Office not just send in a void cheque, the postal clerk gets you to sign and they send in an electronic copy of your signature to Tangerine. Or at least that's what they did for my teenage relative.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
Phoned again today, supervisor manually put the ID email through.
Jan 16, 2007
151 posts
48 upvotes
Just got my ID email, took a few days.
Dec 5, 2016
105 posts
14 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:21 pm
I applied for the HISA on Nov 1st and have received no confirmation whatsoever...neither email, Canada Post, Pony Express or even a Bat Signal. At this point, I'd even consider answering a CIBC marketing number on call display!
Exactly the same situation. Applied last week with nothing to show...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1397 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
I applied on Nov 1, few days later got an email from Simplii to acknowledge my online application and to say that I will get a letter in the mail to open my account, but so far nothing has come in the mail.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
I still have not a single auto-generated email from Simplii. For those using Gmail, have you gotten anything?
Feb 21, 2010
408 posts
69 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes I use gmail and got auto-generated email saying that they have received my online application.

saberon2016 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 11:04 am
I still have not a single auto-generated email from Simplii. For those using Gmail, have you gotten anything?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
6518 posts
364 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got an Account Open New Email that looks rather sketchy. Anyone receive one of this?

Account Open Next Steps

You have received a secure email message from CIBC

If this is the first secure email message you have received from us, you will be prompted to register to establish your password. Your password will be used to open this email and all subsequent secure emails that we may send you.

Once you have successfully authenticated, the secure email message will open in your web browser.

Tips and more information:
• Be sure to send secure email replies using the Reply button and not from your personal email as a “new message”.
• Avoid saving files locally on shared public computers. If you need to save files locally, please ensure you delete them after use.

If you have any questions about this email, or about the registration process, please contact the CIBC sender.
Note: Please ensure that you are using a current web browser version as some browsers may impose limitations on your ability to open or read this secure email.

To view the message securely on a:
Personal Computer - double click the attached file
Mobile device click this link by 2017-12-11 11:18 EST to read your message. After that, open the attachment.
This link will become inactive after 2017-12-11 11:18 EST .
___
Disclaimer: Outside of the secure site, e-mail sent over the Internet is not secure and may be lost, intercepted, or altered. Except as otherwise specified in another written agreement that you have entered into with us, you agree that we are under no obligation to accept or act on any instructions you provide to us by e-mail. Please do not send us confidential information by email. If you send us confidential information by e-mail, we will not be liable if it is lost or intercepted, altered or misused by someone else. If you send us an e-mail, you agree that we may (at our sole discretion) respond to you by e-mail, and provide by e-mail any confidential information that you have requested; you also agree we will not be liable if the information we provide to you by e-mail is lost or intercepted, altered or misused by someone else. This email message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachments without disclosing or distributing them further. Thank you.
Secured by Proofpoint Encryption, Copyright © 2009-2016 Proofpoint, Inc. All rights reserved.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
This is what the email I got manually from the supervisor looked like

Secure messaging notice

You received this email because a member of the Simplii™ Financial team has sent you a message. Secure messaging is the safest way for us to send you confidential documents and information.

Keeping things confidential
If you weren’t expecting to receive this email, do not click the link. Please contact the sender and delete this message and any attachments without sharing or sending them to anyone else.

First time using secure messaging?
If this is your first secure message from us, you will be prompted to register and set up a password. Use your password to view the secure message and any secure messages that we send you in the future.

Tip for using secure messaging
To respond to the secure message, use the “Reply” button within the secure message. Please don’t send a new message from your personal email.

Questions and help
If you have any questions about this service or this email, please contact the sender for support.
Your use of this service is subject to additional terms and conditions. Click here for more information.
To view your message, please scroll and click the link below.

View my message

: “SIMPLII FINANCIAL” and the SIMPLII FINANCIAL DESIGNS are trademarks of CIBC.“Simplii Financial” is a division of CIBC. Banking services are not available in Quebec.
Secured by Proofpoint Encryption, Copyright © 2009-2016 Proofpoint, Inc. All rights reserved.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1397 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Does Simplii do a hard credit check for account opening? I noticed a hard check on my Equifax report.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1801 posts
549 upvotes
Winnipeg
kulb wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 4:17 pm
Does Simplii do a hard credit check for account opening? I noticed a hard check on my Equifax report.
Yes CIBC does and PC Financial did before. Alot of banks are doing this now
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1397 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
saberon2016 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 1:24 pm
This is what the email I got manually from the supervisor looked like

Secure messaging notice

You received this email because a member of the Simplii™ Financial team has sent you a message. Secure messaging is the safest way for us to send you confidential documents and information.

Keeping things confidential
If you weren’t expecting to receive this email, do not click the link. Please contact the sender and delete this message and any attachments without sharing or sending them to anyone else.

First time using secure messaging?
If this is your first secure message from us, you will be prompted to register and set up a password. Use your password to view the secure message and any secure messages that we send you in the future.

Tip for using secure messaging
To respond to the secure message, use the “Reply” button within the secure message. Please don’t send a new message from your personal email.

Questions and help
If you have any questions about this service or this email, please contact the sender for support.
Your use of this service is subject to additional terms and conditions. Click here for more information.
To view your message, please scroll and click the link below.

View my message

: “SIMPLII FINANCIAL” and the SIMPLII FINANCIAL DESIGNS are trademarks of CIBC.“Simplii Financial” is a division of CIBC. Banking services are not available in Quebec.
I got this email from Simplii today... it contains a signature document that I need to send back to them via secure mail, and another document with bar code that I need to bring to Canada Post to verify my identity. Are others getting similar emails? The initial email from them said everything will be sent by mail but looks like they have changed their process.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
My card came with a form to mail back, and I did the CP verification last week but they still haven't gotten it.