Personal Finance

New Simplii customers, are you getting emails?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 10:54 pm
Tags:
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
kulb wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:07 pm
I got this email from Simplii today... it contains a signature document that I need to send back to them via secure mail, and another document with bar code that I need to bring to Canada Post to verify my identity. Are others getting similar emails? The initial email from them said everything will be sent by mail but looks like they have changed their process.
Yes, I got the same email today.

A Signature card to be sent back to them via secure email and physical ID verification that needs to be done at Canada Post by showing them a bar code.

My question is, how do we send them the Signature card duly signed via email ?

Do we just digitally sign the signature card with a mouse/keyboard & email it back ? Or do we print the signature card on home printer, then sign it in blue Ink by pen physically and then scan it with a scanner and then send it back as an attachment ?

Please let me know how you sent the signature card back to them via email. The Canada Post verification, I understand. Just confused about the signature card sending back.
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
Did anyone send the Signature card back to them via email ?

How did you send it back ? Just print it , sign it, scan it & then send it as an attachment via email ?

Does the Canada Post verification have to be done first and then the Signature card emailing to them ? Or it doesn't matter, which order you do it ?
Nov 13, 2017
6 posts
Applied online on Nov 2nd.
Still haven't got anything from them, no email, no welcome kit in my mailbox, nothing......
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
This is what you have to do after you get the secure email to activate your account :

Hi XXXXX,

Before we can complete your account open, there are a few steps that need to be completed.

In accordance with your earlier consent to obtain documents electronically, the attached letter and signature card form have been sent to the provided email address.

Signature Card
Please sign the attached Signature Card
Send it back to us by selecting the 'Reply' button above and use the 'Attach' option to attach your signed Signature Card

Identification
Identify yourself by visiting a Canada Post outlet
Print, write down, or display on your mobile device the Canada Post Barcode in the attached letter

Go to a Canada Post outlet to present one of the following valid government issued photo identification:

Canadian Provincial Driver’s Licence

OR proof of residence (i.e. utility bill, insurance statement, etc.) with your name and address AND one of the following:
Canadian Passport
Certificate of Indian Status Card
Canada Permanent Resident Card
Canadian Forces ID
Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence
To locate your nearest Canada Post outlet, visit canadapost.ca

Activate your bank cardYour bank card will arrive by mail 2-5 business days after your application was submitted. Once you receive it, please call 1-888-723-8881 to activate your card.

If you have any questions please call 1-888-723-8881, and a Personal Banking Representative will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

The Simplii Financial Team
Feb 3, 2010
52 posts
9 upvotes
I haven't heard from them either, just an email stating:

"We just wanted to let you know that we’ve received your online application and it’s being processed. Once it’s approved, you’ll receive your Welcome Package in the mail which will have your bank card and account open documents.

Further information you need to get started will be emailed to you soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time. "

Haven't heard from them since, and there's no reference number so they told me to just wait for 4 to 6 weeks...
Nov 13, 2017
6 posts
I just waited for another day and still haven't got the welcome package, so I called the customer service tonight after work.
CSR asked for my name and check the processing status, and she said they just mailed out the package yesterday. I guess it will show up early next week.
Takes almost two weeks to get processed, and my account won't be activated until I mail the signature card back. Face Screaming In FearFace Screaming In FearFace Screaming In Fear
Feb 21, 2010
408 posts
69 upvotes
Scarborough
I called in to ask status. Rep asked me a security question I may have set with PC account many years ago. That account has been closed for at least 4 years now. I could not answer that question. Now she has no way of identifying me and I need to send couple of docs with a cover letter by fax or email. How can there be no other way to identify me? I have my address and telephone number and DOB. I even provided my SIN on application.
Feb 3, 2010
52 posts
9 upvotes
No credit check has been run on me yet. So I guess its a waiting game for me.
Dec 5, 2016
105 posts
14 upvotes
Applied November 2 and finally got an email today (2 weeks) about the account being open.
[OP]
Jun 19, 2015
322 posts
146 upvotes
Lucky, my wife and I both applied Nov 1 and have received absolutely nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3356 posts
399 upvotes
Valleywood
Got mine today, after about 10 days.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3405 posts
702 upvotes
on the links
DGSSSG wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:59 pm
Takes almost two weeks to get processed, and my account won't be activated until I mail the signature card back. Face Screaming In FearFace Screaming In FearFace Screaming In Fear
It's now 15+ days for me. (EQ took 2 days, Alterna 4 days).

I did received a bank card and Pin...which, uh, I don't need for a HISA. What I do need is an active account. According to the friendly CSR I talked to, they cannot activate it until they receive my signature/cheque.

Welcome to Glacial Financial!
May 8, 2009
1716 posts
447 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Took an additional HISA with Simplii a week ago, just got the ToS in the mail today.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Nov 13, 2017
6 posts
Sauerkraut wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 4:51 pm
It's now 15+ days for me. (EQ took 2 days, Alterna 4 days).

I did received a bank card and Pin...which, uh, I don't need for a HISA. What I do need is an active account. According to the friendly CSR I talked to, they cannot activate it until they receive my signature/cheque.

Welcome to Glacial Financial!
Finally I received an email from Simplii today and it has the Signature Card and ID Verification.
Get them all done and just waiting for the welcome package with bank card now.

It is weird that CSR told me I'll get a hardcopy of signature card in welcome package and need to mail it back, but it came in today as PDF file.
Dec 5, 2016
105 posts
14 upvotes
I scanned the signature card and emailed it back. Now waiting for the physical card in the mail before I can activate it...
Talk about an arduous process. Has anyone gone through this and have their HISA activated with $$ transferred over yet?
Last edited by alucky17 on Nov 17th, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.