Entertainment

New Spider-man (Tom Holland) joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2017 3:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
3872 posts
1874 upvotes
Toronto
Just finished watching it. It was a nice change of pace in terms of Spiderman films. Michael Keaton was awesome and Peter Parker's buddy Ned was hilarious.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
VicRav wrote: Your complaint shows two changes in the movie theatre business that have always annoyed me. Commercials before trailers was never a thing. I worked at a Cineplex and it was sometime in the early 2000's when we got the first commercial to put before the trailers. It started with one and they have been slowly adding more. Now the quantity of commercials tends to outnumber the trailers.

The other issue is theatres handing out vouchers for problems that occur. If you didn't receive one that is bad and if you had to complain for one that would be disappointing too. I started working at Cineplex in 1998 and it was very high on customer experience at that time. An issue as you described back than would have had 2 or 3 staff waiting at the exits to hand out vouchers proactively. Over the years I worked there it started shifting to we will hand out vouchers if somebody complains and in some cases managers would just refuse if they thought whatever disruption occurred wasn't that big of a deal. I haven't worked there in a long time, but given the path they were on it wouldn't surprise me if vouchers are rarely used anymore.
Yah I didn't see any vouchers. It took them less than 5 minutes to fix it, I guess everyone let it slide. 20 people went running out when transformers started up. Most people noticed something was wrong with the trailers. It was wierd that trailers for Dunkirk kept coming on (but I was guessing they were shorter ones to air between the other trailers), but when the Spider-Man trailer aired before Spider-Man you knew something was off... lol.

I remember when commercials started in regular theatres, that they didn't attach them to IMAX screenings. That was kind of nice for a while, but now they attach a craptonne to them and they do outdo the trailers :( There were so many...
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Meh. Not enough hot Aunt May.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
Saw it over the weekend and thought it was great. The entire time I was in the theatre, I thought I was transported to a classic adolescent John Hughes movie and this was the aspect of the movie I really loved. Since John Hughes "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was used in the film it was included in the credits. I know this because I stayed until the theatre lights came on to watch for any post-credit stuff which there was. LOL
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Going to the theatre is really annoying. Too many commercials, then trailers, then loud people.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: Saw it over the weekend and thought it was great. The entire time I was in the theatre, I thought I was transported to a classic adolescent John Hughes movie and this was the aspect of the movie I really loved. Since John Hughes "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was used in the film it was included in the credits. I know this because I stayed until the theatre lights came on to watch for any post-credit stuff which there was. LOL
best post-credit
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
Fun movie, I'd give it 8/10 - couple of points missing for a couple of stereotypical characters and another something I can't mention as it is a spoiler.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17868 upvotes
GTA, ON
Great flick, loved it. Glad I went a week after opening, the theatre was a lot quieter. Tried the D-Box for the first time with my points, can't say I am a fan; from time to time I found the movement and vibration unneccessary and annoying. My wife hated it, turned off the vibration/movement mode. She did say the seats were more comfy though. LOL. I agree they are more comfy, so I might use the points again for them as it's the same 1500 pts., definitely wouldn't pay for them though. Definitely a movie to see in AVX Dolby Atmos.

As for the flick. LOVED the final scene at the end, and the post-credit.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I liked it; was a bit cheesy at times, but I did dig the whole "coming of age + superhero" mashup themes for which the cheesiness rendered itself well to.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Great flick, loved it. Glad I went a week after opening, the theatre was a lot quieter. Tried the D-Box for the first time with my points, can't say I am a fan; from time to time I found the movement and vibration unneccessary and annoying. My wife hated it, turned off the vibration/movement mode. She did say the seats were more comfy though. LOL. I agree they are more comfy, so I might use the points again for them as it's the same 1500 pts., definitely wouldn't pay for them though. Definitely a movie to see in AVX Dolby Atmos.

As for the flick. LOVED the final scene at the end, and the post-credit.
The D-Box was bad for this film. It's very hit or miss. Wonder Woman was great. For example flight scenes tilted the seat a bit forward and it gave the feeling of flying. Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers were pretty good. Spider-Man was bad, but the worst was Alien: Covenant. For most of the movie the seats didn't move at all (with some actions scenes completely skipped), then sudden jerking at bad spots... almost like they are trying to wake you up from a snoozer of a movie.

As for the Spider-Man Homecoming. I really enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining and fun. Seemed risky to change so many of the characters from the comic books... which usually fails badly, but this movie mostly did it right. For example, Vulture is a very 1 dimensional, unlikable character in the comics. Probably why he wasn't used in previous films. Michael Keaton's Vulture actually gave him some personality. But Flash was all wrong. Acting was fine, but visually he looked more like someone who would be bullied than a bully.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17868 upvotes
GTA, ON
joeyjoejoe wrote: As for the Spider-Man Homecoming. I really enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining and fun. Seemed risky to change so many of the characters from the comic books... which usually fails badly, but this movie mostly did it right. For example, Vulture is a very 1 dimensional, unlikable character in the comics. Probably why he wasn't used in previous films. Michael Keaton's Vulture actually gave him some personality. But Flash was all wrong. Acting was fine, but visually he looked more like someone who would be bullied than a bully.
I actually didn't mind Flash as it kind of fit the movie mold. I guess they had to update the character considering they kind of made the high school more preppy rather than a high school in the ghetto.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
jenviea wrote: It opened in China this week and is apparently doing pretty good business

http://deadline.com/2017/09/spider-man- ... 202164393/

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's no clumsy pandering via Chinese cast member?
I guess they find the Spider-Man brand strong enough it doesn't need a random Chinese actor to put into the movie.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed