Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17586 posts
1259 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2016 10:07 am
Star Trek: Discovery Story To Be Told In Television, Books, And Comics
http://trekmovie.com/2016/09/03/star-tr ... nd-comics/

Anyone going to read the books and comics?
Comics, sure, but I don't think I have the time to read novels.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25133 posts
5565 upvotes
GTHA
CBS has pushed back the premiere of its highly anticipated “Star Trek: Discovery” series from a planned early 2017 debut to May.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-tr ... 201860613/
CBS executives stressed that the delay was driven by the need to give the “Star Trek” creative team more time to meet expectations for the series, particularly with special effects. They said executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller raised the issue of the need for more time last week, which triggered discussions about what would ultimately be best for the series. “Star Trek” is set to start shooting in Toronto at the end of next month.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9962 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you two compete with each other to see who can post breaking news the soonest?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17586 posts
1259 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 15th, 2016 12:05 am
Do you two compete with each other to see who can post breaking news the soonest?
Pretty humourous to see they posted the same link at the same time.

Anyways, Bryan Fuller said Balance of Terror is a "Touchstone" for this new series.
http://www.slashfilm.com/balance-of-ter ... discovery/
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
5911 posts
2021 upvotes
Toronto
i hope that this will be the most epic show.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9962 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
Bryan Fuller leaving is not good news at all.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
704 upvotes
Always appeal to the Chinese market by having an Asian star in the mix. Yeoh is competent but isn't really a star one would go out to watch. I wonder if she'll like living in Toronto heh heh heh. Hope she knows what she's getting into.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
rageking wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 9:16 pm
Yeoh is competent
Imho, Michelle Yeoh is much more than competent. Beauty contest winner, her own stunt person, Hong Kong martial arts movie star, Bond girl, star of the Academy Award winning Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - to me those are a perfectly rounded set of qualifications to portray the lead in a Star Trek for the new millennium. I couldn't be more optimistic for the new series after hearing this announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this was the reason the new series was delayed - waiting for Michelle Yeoh to clear her schedule - this is a total coup for the show!

BTW, Michelle Yeoh isn't Chinese, but Malaysian. She had to learn her Mandarin dialogue for CTHD phonetically.
Banned
Nov 17, 2016
28 posts
4 upvotes
this should excite some fans: Star Trek is getting the first new series since Enterprise went off the air a decade ago with Alex Kurtzman, writer of the reboot movies, on board with its development. Who knows if this will take place the same continuity of the movies or if it will be set in the same universe as the past TV shows.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
704 upvotes
invite wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 8:47 am
Imho, Michelle Yeoh is much more than competent. Beauty contest winner, her own stunt person, Hong Kong martial arts movie star, Bond girl, star of the Academy Award winning Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - to me those are a perfectly rounded set of qualifications to portray the lead in a Star Trek for the new millennium. I couldn't be more optimistic for the new series after hearing this announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this was the reason the new series was delayed - waiting for Michelle Yeoh to clear her schedule - this is a total coup for the show!

BTW, Michelle Yeoh isn't Chinese, but Malaysian. She had to learn her Mandarin dialogue for CTHD phonetically.
Didn't know she is Malaysian... learned something new! As an actor she is very well liked by other actors, so that's a plus.