• Jul 24th, 2017 2:47 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3904 posts
1023 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Any word on how we'll be able to watch this in Canada? Will it end up on Canadian Netflix like The 100 instead of this CBS All Access business?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23862 posts
5066 upvotes
GTHA
Mike15 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 4:02 pm
Any word on how we'll be able to watch this in Canada? Will it end up on Canadian Netflix like The 100 instead of this CBS All Access business?
CBS sold the Canadian rights to Bell Media

Posted earlier in this thread...
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 2:23 pm
"The rollout for the new STAR TREK series in Canada will mirror the launch in the U.S. The first episode will premiere on Canada’s most watched broadcast network, CTV, on the same night as CBS. All remaining episodes will initially be televised on Bell Media’s cable networks, Space (in English) and Z (in French), and then later exclusively on CraveTV™, Bell Media’s streaming video-on-demand service."
from http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/new-cb ... ell-media/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8286 posts
1686 upvotes
Toronto
This was up briefly at the Star Trek YT but is no longer there
Space still has it on their YT channel (catch it while you can)

Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8286 posts
1686 upvotes
Toronto
An extra lost his job after sharing a pic of his fellow extras that fans are all assuming are Klingons

Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17382 posts
1196 upvotes
The original screengrab had the actor's name but it really doesn't matter I suppose.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9630 posts
798 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 7:16 pm
An extra lost his job after sharing a pic of his fellow extras that fans are all assuming are Klingons

Those are Klingons?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9752 posts
514 upvotes
Mississauga
Oh no, are they going to have to explain why the Klingons changed their look again?

Then again, they look different in the new movies too so who knows?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23862 posts
5066 upvotes
GTHA
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 8:58 pm
Those are Klingons?
Last year, Bryan Fuller told press that the new series would feature a bit of ‘reimagining’ of the familiar Star Trek races, so should these aliens turn out to be Klingons after all, this may be the first updated look Discovery is bringing to the old Alpha Quadrant favorites.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan- ... very-data/
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3428 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Feb 12th, 2017 9:35 pm
Oh no, are they going to have to explain why the Klingons changed their look again?

Then again, they look different in the new movies too so who knows?
My husband worked on the show late last year and they were given VERY STRICT instructions NOT to take photos of anything on set, or being built to go on set. Posting it on social media - no surprise the guy lost his job.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9630 posts
798 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 12:44 pm
Last year, Bryan Fuller told press that the new series would feature a bit of ‘reimagining’ of the familiar Star Trek races, so should these aliens turn out to be Klingons after all, this may be the first updated look Discovery is bringing to the old Alpha Quadrant favorites.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan- ... very-data/
So how are they going to explain this one? Another augmented virus?

Bald is fine, but the cone heads are a bit much. I don't like it. In fact, I don't like the look of the ship either. So far in terms of "art direction", I'm not a fan... and it's not that I'm an old school fan who is unwilling to change. It's just bad. Now what has been seen can be completely different from that actual show, so I'll reserve my opinion until then.