Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7113 posts
660 upvotes
Victoria
That doesn't look promising :(

It kind of looks like it's trying to be spectacle on a tv budget. I always though trek was good (at least tng and ds9) when tried to hide tv budgets with a good story.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23914 posts
5087 upvotes
GTHA
CBS president/COO Marc DeBevoise confirmed that season 1 has been expanded to 15 episodes and reaffirmed plans to premiere the series on the network’s streaming service, CBS All Access, this fall. It will also include an aftershow, titled Talking Trek.

from http://screenrant.com/star-trek-discove ... iere-date/
May 22, 2016
592 posts
76 upvotes
Ontario
This looks terrible. As soon as I saw "10 years before enterprise" i knew it was bad. Which enterprise? The next movie should just involve time travel and erase the whole Kelvin timeline and move on to after TNG. I been watching and enjoying enterprise and would love to see some of them in this show.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1853 posts
205 upvotes
the " look" is modeled after the new movies... with the lens flare and all. Wonder why they chose this particular time frame though, 10 years before TOS. That means they want to revisit some of the TOS stuff?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23914 posts
5087 upvotes
GTHA
webshark wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:09 am
This looks terrible. As soon as I saw "10 years before enterprise" i knew it was bad. Which enterprise?
'Discovery' is set in the 'Prime' timeline after 'Enterprise' and 10 years before 'The Original Series'

from http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/76166 ... names-more

Star Trek: Discovery is set about 10 years before Captain Kirk’s mission. “There’s an incident and and event in Star Trek history, that’s been talked about but never been explored. To do this series, we’re telling a much more serialized story, to dig deep into a very tantalizing storyline. And we have a character who’s on a journey, and in order to understand something that is alien she first has to understand herself,” Fuller added.
Last edited by tk1000 on May 18th, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23914 posts
5087 upvotes
GTHA
coilz wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:51 am
the " look" is modeled after the new movies... with the lens flare and all. Wonder why they chose this particular time frame though, 10 years before TOS. That means they want to revisit some of the TOS stuff?
Former showrunner Bryan Fuller said the first season will 'fully explore' an incident in Starfleet that was referenced in TOS.

from http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-tr ... 201835052/

2. What will the series actually be about? “There’s an incident in the history of Starfleet that had been talked about but never fully explored,” which will form the basis for the first season, Fuller teased, describing the plot point as something that had always “tantalized” him as a longtime “Star Trek” fan. The big event that he hinted at comes from the canon of the original 1966-1969 NBC series and is an event that was never actually seen in the original show, but was referenced. Fuller said he believes that fans “should be very happy” about its inclusion. “It’s something I want to see.”
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1886 posts
468 upvotes
Global Village
coilz wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:51 am
I like that they're going for that cinematic look with higher production values. And the choice of Sonequa as the main character is a gutsy 1, I'll keep my expectations low but will watch when it comes out.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14256 posts
1014 upvotes
I still watch the original. Nothing beats the original stories and cast.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8289 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
webshark wrote:
As soon as I saw "10 years before enterprise"...
Not quite

webshark wrote:
Which enterprise?
I think the Kirk and Spock Enterprise

YT embed courtesy of the Canadian rights holder Space

Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2615 posts
158 upvotes
Pickering
zod wrote:
May 17th, 2017 8:32 pm
That doesn't look promising :(

It kind of looks like it's trying to be spectacle on a tv budget. I always though trek was good (at least tng and ds9) when tried to hide tv budgets with a good story.
My thoughts exactly, will give it a go as I've been waiting years for a new Trek TV series, hopefully there's more to this teaser, time will tell.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3038 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
May 18th, 2017 5:31 am
I think the Kirk and Spock Enterprise
Hmm, but which Kirk and Spock Enterprise?

I can't believe this is set in the same universe as TOS, let alone a mere 10 years before it. The Klingons look sooo different... reminds me of the quote in DS9 when Worf was asked why Klingons looked so different, and he said something like "We do not speak about that with outsiders"
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23914 posts
5087 upvotes
GTHA
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 18th, 2017 9:47 am
Hmm, but which Kirk and Spock Enterprise?
'Prime' timeline
Jun 29, 2010
715 posts
149 upvotes
Trailer didn't engage me at all. And I'm a diehard ST fan... Everyone looks like they went to the Wooden School of Acting.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16536 posts
330 upvotes
I came back to it today to see if I was just being overly harsh... Nope. It's just as bad...