None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7253 posts
698 upvotes
Victoria
Supercooled wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:59 am
I still watch the original. Nothing beats the original stories and cast.
The original series was always a bit too dated for me (even as a kid). There's a handful of episodes I really like and can rewatch, but it's age kind of keeps me from enjoying the whole thing. My favourite trek are the movies with the original cast and Deep Space Nine. DS9 had a rough start but found it's feet. The whole story dominion story arc was done very well, and makes it rewatchable. I wish they'd upgrade it to HD, but they won't :(
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1723 posts
266 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Big fan of all start trek, except foe original series, like someone mentioned just too dated for me.
But this is not speaking to me, really does not feel like star trek at all.
If those are actuall Klingons then whoever designed their look should b fired.
Will watch it anyway but my expectations are extremely low.
Mar 31, 2017
911 posts
247 upvotes
they all said this and more for every star trek series that came after TOS. But you all watched anyways.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10224 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
No, they didn't. The only post-TOS series that had apprehension was TNG because it was the first that had nothing to do with TOS. After that, people knew what to expect.

It's understandable that this new series has apprehension because it has been awhile since a Trek series, and then add the crappy Jar Jar flicks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8459 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
A new poster I believe hyping the Discovery Comic Con Panel

Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9951 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
That ship is kinda ugly. What's with the big gaps in the saucer section? That is valuable space that could have been used for any number of things.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10224 posts
617 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's the Jar Jar school of design: it doesn't need to make sense; it just has to look cool.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9722 posts
835 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:08 pm
That ship is kinda ugly. What's with the big gaps in the saucer section? That is valuable space that could have been used for any number of things.

Not as wasteful as the Romulan Warbird or the Cardassian's space station design with DS9. But the Borg... those guy know how to maximize space.
rabbit wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 6:22 am
It's the Jar Jar school of design: it doesn't need to make sense; it just has to look cool.
Doesn't make sense and it looks stupid.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3769 posts
448 upvotes
Aurora
Agreed. The ship looks ugly. Maybe the middle section separates. It looks kind of delicate in battle.

The poster reminds me of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture poster, with the prism-type colours.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4134 posts
409 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:08 pm
obviously it's so that the people in sleeping quarters on inside disc / outside ring can spy on each other
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4134 posts
409 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 11:46 am
Agreed. The ship looks ugly. Maybe the middle section separates. It looks kind of delicate in battle.

The poster reminds me of the Star Trek: The Motion Picture poster, with the prism-type colours.

looks like it's the outer ring that would separate. And without the ring this ship design looks awfully similar to some Klingon designs
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8459 posts
1758 upvotes
Toronto
Last edited by jenviea on Jul 22nd, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 8, 2017
26 posts
2 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I have to say, after watching that new trailer I am a lot more excited for this show... hopefully, it delivers!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9951 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, here's hoping. And the USS Shenzhou looks great! Why couldn't that have been the design for the USS Discovery?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13906 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
Looks nice. I can see nerds all over the internet complaining that it's 'not Star Trek', but it looks good to me.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)