New Star Trek series in 2017?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 8:49 am
Tags:
None
Mar 31, 2017
945 posts
260 upvotes
Now I know why they went after Axanar like that. Both are about war with Klingons.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8489 posts
1771 upvotes
Toronto
Has CBS unveiled a new Star Trek/Starfleet mission statement a la Kirk's original "Space ... the Final Frontier...?"

"As we stand at the edge of an unknown universe, we know our greatest challenges lie before us, that our future is not bound by fear and that our mission is not to conquer, but to discover. That is our destiny, a destiny written written in the stars. So, we boldly go where we have never gone before."
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25184 posts
5581 upvotes
GTHA
Beams Onto CraveTV, September 25
http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/star-t ... tember-25/
– This fall’s must-watch series is available to Canadians on CraveTV in an exclusive streaming window –
– Special two-episode premiere streams Monday, September 25 beginning at 8 p.m. ET following its linear premiere Sunday, September 24 on CTV and Space –
– Companion programming includes new documentaries plus TALKING TREK, the official after-show for STAR TREK: DISCOVERY –
– New series bolsters CraveTV’s epic STAR TREK Collection, which features every episode of every STAR TREK television series –
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1968 posts
486 upvotes
Global Village
Just watched Sonequa on Colbert and, gotta say, she was hilarious.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8489 posts
1771 upvotes
Toronto
Main title theme at the end of a promo featuring composer Jeff Russo

Mar 31, 2017
945 posts
260 upvotes
This will on Netflix usa? Then basically download/view all of the eps within the same night.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25184 posts
5581 upvotes
GTHA
badOne wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:57 pm
This will on Netflix usa? Then basically download/view all of the eps within the same night.
No, this will not be on Netflix USA.

Read this press release
https://media.netflix.com/en/press-rele ... -the-world

"Netflix and CBS Studios International today announced a landmark international licensing agreement for the new “Star Trek” television series. Netflix will be the exclusive premiere home of “Star Trek” in 188 countries (excluding the US and Canada). Each episode of the new series will be available globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere."
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3663 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
dixita wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:43 am
Hi..

Got worth able something..After long time!
huh?
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9967 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
An embargo is not a good sign. All of the Trek series from TNG-onwards were slow starters though, so there's hope. The mindset in these days of the Golden Age of TV, especially for shows with shorter seasons, is that they need to be awesome from the get-go.
Mar 31, 2017
945 posts
260 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 4:07 pm
An embargo is not a good sign. All of the Trek series from TNG-onwards were slow starters though, so there's hope. The mindset in these days of the Golden Age of TV, especially for shows with shorter seasons, is that they need to be awesome from the get-go.
They started with the Klingon war to generate interest. If that doesn't do it, then nothing will. They're not going to continue this Klingon arc for next season. Regardless of how well it does Season 2 is a go, mainly because they already made a profit for a season 1.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2580 posts
1339 upvotes
Markham
I saw the trailer and I have to say my initial gut feeling is one of disappointment:

1- I could be completely wrong here as I'm just basing this observation on the video trailer and some limited info I have of the series but looks like this series is the LEGO Friends equivalant of the Star Trek franchise... Meaning it's incorporating a more active female cast in order to draw in female viewers. Whether or not this will work, who knows, but I'm a bit disappointed that there won't be an iconic captain like Kirk, Picard (I grew in to ST while TNG was airing) or even Sisko in this series. I like Michelle Yeoh even as she gracefully ages but man, I could NEVER associate her with ST. Don't know much about the black girl who seems to be the lead so can't really comment on her.

2- From the little I saw it appears the series is heavily CGI and I again have a baaaaad feeling about this. The previous series like TNG or even DS9 really tried hard to use interesting story lines (for the most part) to compensate for the static sets and lack of amazing visuals. I feel it really worked. Maybe the times have changed and now CGI is much cheaper than before so the producers/director have decided to incorporate the stunning visuals but I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching another king of lens flare, JJ Abrams, movie trailer (It's not a complement btw!).

Maybe I'm totally wrong, and I hope I am. I even watched Enterprise (Eventually finished it) even though it truly sucked on so many levels with shallow characters and predictable stories because I like the franchise so here is to hoping this series is a good one...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1968 posts
486 upvotes
Global Village
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 4:07 pm
Yup, the pilot could make or break the show, I plan to watch the 1st 3 episodes to see how characters evolve a bit before deciding if if it's worth continuing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

thelefteyeguy