• Sep 25th, 2014 2:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
dav1dz wrote: Got prompt also, for mine and my better half's accounts. Looks like access to Scotiabank ABMs are also live now according to that message.
Access to Scotia ABMs (for PIN CHANGE/WITHDRAWALs) have been live for the past couple months. I checked today, and there is still no option yet for deposits.

djino
Nov 19, 2008
7 posts
1 upvote
Deposit option showed up on an Scotia ABM in Vancouver today. I didn't try it but it was on the screen to select.
djino wrote: Access to Scotia ABMs (for PIN CHANGE/WITHDRAWALs) have been live for the past couple months. I checked today, and there is still no option yet for deposits.

djino
Aug 13, 2008
378 posts
45 upvotes
Cambridge
vanDSLuser wrote: Deposit option showed up on an Scotia ABM in Vancouver today. I didn't try it but it was on the screen to select.
They said it wouldn't be official until mid June so some ATM's might still not have the option.
Banned
May 6, 2014
832 posts
156 upvotes
Westmount, QC
The new cards should be in mail by June end for everyone.

The old ING cards are horrible , too flimsy & you can actually rub the number off the card ..its not even engraved properly ! Plus the chip is too tiny & you have to wiggle it a lot :( ..horrible design
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
I think I read on their site that they're going to honor all old ING checks. I still got some left over from my first batch, and lady at Tangerine Cafe said they were fine
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
gogoblender wrote: I think I read on their site that they're going to honor all old ING checks. I still got some left over from my first batch, and lady at Tangerine Cafe said they were fine
yes they can still be used, since the transit/account/bank #s are still the same after the name change.
Jul 23, 2014
1 posts
So has anyone actually recieved a tangerine debit card yet? I still have an old crappy ING card.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
JennP344 wrote: So has anyone actually recieved a tangerine debit card yet? I still have an old crappy ING card.
I still have the old ING Card, but yes, people are receiving the new Tangerine cards. If you are desperate for one, you can call in and request it.

djino
"I could careless, since there is no benefit to having the Tangerine card"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9101 posts
4566 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
JennP344 wrote: So has anyone actually recieved a tangerine debit card yet? I still have an old crappy ING card.
I actually just activated my old ING card. I never used that account since opening but going to let my sis use it when she's here.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4111 posts
2258 upvotes
Toronto
unknownone wrote: I got my tangerine card a week or so ago.
Same, got mine a week ago

Are the new cards worse though? My old one worked on exchange and Scotia ATM's. I'm getting the feeling the new ones only work on Scotia ATMs? (Or will both cards work on the exchange network until the deadline?)
Banned
Jan 23, 2008
37 posts
1 upvote
Red Deer
Super_Chicken wrote: Same, got mine a week ago

Are the new cards worse though? My old one worked on exchange and Scotia ATM's. I'm getting the feeling the new ones only work on Scotia ATMs? (Or will both cards work on the exchange network until the deadline?)
Both cards work at the exchange and scotia network.

New cards have a cheaper feel to it...almost like paper/cardboard. Oh well.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
Super_Chicken wrote: Same, got mine a week ago

works on exchange atms (for now), just withdrew some money on one yesterday.
Aug 31, 2013
138 posts
8 upvotes
Brampton
eleceng wrote: New cards have a cheaper feel to it...almost like paper/cardboard. Oh well.
Well, as long as they aren't like Scotiabank's debit card (where the image comes off if water is spilt on it), it can't be too bad. :lol:
Jul 23, 2013
89 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria
I like my new card. It is very simple and sort of reminds me of the 1980s!
Jan 19, 2009
61 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal
Just got my new card. I liked the old ones much better, these are plain and poorly layed out design wise.
For example, I can't see any text when its in my wallet, just the very tips of the letters, and at the bottom of the card it says "Good through:" with my name underneath it. I imagine that the date should have been somewhere near that...

Oh well.

-edit-
heh, just looked at the picture of the sample card in the letter they sent. It looks right, maybe my card was a mistake...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Has anyone tried to use the card to take money out of USD account in the US?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)