Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[TD Bank] New TD account | Free samsung galaxy tab is back

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2016 6:11 pm
Jun 15, 2008
839 posts
222 upvotes
Markham

[TD Bank] New TD account | Free samsung galaxy tab is back

Didn't see anyone post it if you did then please delete?

April 21 to July 31
Open all inclusive account or unlimited account

It's the latest 8" Samsung tablet

Complete 2 of 3
direct deposit
Preauthorized debit
Online bill payment

New customers only

If you've closed your cheqing account after August 31,2013 you're not eligible.

Edit: There's a recent change in fees, accounts closed within 90 days after opening won't be charged the $15.00 but I highly doubt you'll get the tablet within that 3 months
1725 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
Interesting...

Can someone explain how this works and how preauthorized debit works and how its different from "online bill payment"? The pre authorized one automatically takes it out, and online bill payment is what, the manual version of that? And when can you cancel the pre-authorized bill payment? I am not really a fan of automatically giving my money without checking my bills first
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9003 posts
5727 upvotes
vorthex wrote: Interesting...

Can someone explain how this works and how preauthorized debit works and how its different from "online bill payment"? The pre authorized one automatically takes it out, and online bill payment is what, the manual version of that? And when can you cancel the pre-authorized bill payment? I am not really a fan of automatically giving my money without checking my bills first
Preauth payment is something set up with the merchant where they pull money out of your account. Online payment is client initiated.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote: Preauth payment is something set up with the merchant where they pull money out of your account. Online payment is client initiated.
Right. Ok! Well, sounds ok to me as long as I know when I can cancel the preauth payment stuff. I dont really see how banks benefit from this unless they charge you for preauthorization of payment
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Man, much as I'd love a free tablet, that's a hell of a lot of hassle to switch over all my banking (since I don't keep a minimum balance big enough to avoid the monthly charges, I'm definitely not keeping two bank accounts open and paying $15/month for the TD one).
Sep 23, 2012
278 posts
288 upvotes
White Rock BC
Just a word of warning - the TD site refers to a Galaxy Tab 4, not yet available online. Just as the iPad Mini discussion happened, I can imagine the TD having to either say oops, or delay until product arrives. The 4 was announced April 1 (no joke). They don't say how long you have to keep the account open, other than until the tablet arrives-doh "(The New Account must still be open before the 8” Samsung Galaxy Tab is sent to the account holder and the monthly account fee for the New Account cannot be waived for any reason, other than maintaining the minimum monthly balance, before the 8” Samsung Galaxy Tab is sent to the account holder. The latest 8” Samsung Galaxy Tab will be sent to the account holder up to a maximum of 10-12 weeks after all conditions have been met. Product may not be as shown. The latest Samsung Galaxy Tab is as of May 2014. This offer can be changed, extended or withdrawn at any time by TD Canada Trust, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount for the same product. Other conditions may apply. )
Nov 8, 2011
238 posts
205 upvotes
how much minimum balance they ask to waive monthly fees?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Are there published details of this promo? Looked on their website but found nothing. 'google' search revealed THIS thread, an earlier thread about the RBC iPad where this possible upcoming promo was being discussed and a bunch of diferent forums from last years promo.

Specifically I want to know how long you need to keep the account open ($14.95 or $29.95 monthly fee for the 2 elligible accounts). Also, the only dealin gI have with TD is an RRSP account that was through an old employer that is no longer used but still held - does that make me a 'client' that is inelligible for this promo?
Mar 7, 2011
604 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
janitej wrote: how much minimum balance they ask to waive monthly fees?
$3,500 for unlimited and $5,000 for all-inclusive.
Dec 22, 2001
942 posts
199 upvotes
Anyone have a link? I cant find the details on their site
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: Are there published details of this promo? Looked on their website but found nothing. 'google' search revealed THIS thread, an earlier thread about the RBC iPad where this possible upcoming promo was being discussed and a bunch of diferent forums from last years promo.

Specifically I want to know how long you need to keep the account open ($14.95 or $29.95 monthly fee for the 2 elligible accounts). Also, the only dealin gI have with TD is an RRSP account that was through an old employer that is no longer used but still held - does that make me a 'client' that is inelligible for this promo?
What? lol. these accounts cost up to 15 to $30 a month?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2338 upvotes
Langley
vorthex wrote: What? lol. these accounts cost up to 15 to $30 a month?
It's because of the "benefits" you get with the accounts. The only benefit I use with the all inclusive account is the waived Visa fee. I don't use my TD $USD account anymore because I have the Chase Amazon Visa and I don't have anything in my safety deposit box. I will likely close my all inclusive account soon and just invest that $5k.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1072 posts
906 upvotes
Link:
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/m/edb/index.jsp

Expand the "legal" section

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
janitej wrote: how much minimum balance they ask to waive monthly fees?
Don't forget all other truck load of benefits when you maintain 5K. Check out their site. for the free safety box in Northern Brampton, PM ME. I know a location coming up in the near future.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
bkushner wrote: Aug31 2013? What a crock.
Probably for people who got theirs from last year and canceled the account immediately.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3250 posts
2872 upvotes
Montreal
bkushner wrote: Aug31 2013? What a crock.
They don't want the people who got the Samsung galaxy tab promo last year to enter this year's.
virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Well, I cancelled my TD account last week so I guess I am out of luck. Looks like the Tab 4 is as crappy as the Tab 3 so my heart is not broken.
Sep 30, 2012
104 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I hate TD keep doing this while I am with them for the past 15 years!!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)