Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[TD Bank] New TD account | Free samsung galaxy tab is back

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2016 6:11 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
bkushner wrote: 200$
Try selling it on Kijiji for that price. You'd be lucky to get $150. $100 is more realistic.
Mar 6, 2010
369 posts
112 upvotes
dankup wrote: Individuals who (i) have an existing TD chequing account or had one that was closed after August 31, 2013, or (ii) had a youth account that was converted to an All-Inclusive or Unlimited Canadian Dollar Chequing Account before July 18, 2014, are not eligible for this offer.

Looks like you won't be eligible :(
Too bad for me then, I was thinking of throwing more cash at them....
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
bkushner wrote: Have the forums been offline today?
Yes, there was a login problem. Even I could not login until you did at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
2045 posts
193 upvotes
Guelph
Are there any qualifications like pre authorized debits or payroll or anything? How long do you have to keep the account open to receive tab?
Oct 20, 2007
822 posts
418 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote: Are there any qualifications like pre authorized debits or payroll or anything? How long do you have to keep the account open to receive tab?
The first post says:
Complete 2 of 3
direct deposit
Preauthorized debit
Online bill payment
Oct 20, 2007
822 posts
418 upvotes
I can't seem to find when the offer "starts" - assuming it's the 21st, but I don't see it in the fine print anywhere, just when it ends.

I opened my account earlier this month, so I'd like to see if I am able to get on this offer.
Jul 28, 2008
914 posts
302 upvotes
Toronto
Bazooka Joe wrote: Not worth it IMO. I previously had lots of problems with TD, and even posted about it in this thread a few years ago (they were offering $250 cash to open an account then).

250-if-you-open-td-select-service-accou ... a-1176370/

They had someone from TD in the thread that wanted to make it look like they were helping me, but in fact wouldn`t do anything. All I got were answering machines and long waits between them trying to contact me.

They still owe me $20, which they somehow weren`t able to return to me. But they were able to stop sending me the monthly reminders that they owe me $20.

I`ll give the same advice I gave before. Most banks aren`t out to help their customers. Find one that isn`t as bad as the others and stick with them. There`s a reason that TD has to pay people to be a customer...
JEST3R wrote: +1000
I've had problems with TD as well, it's generally not my nature to file complaints, but this event was so egregious, that I decided to file a complaint. The person on the phone didn't know who to refer me to. Once they found a number I could call with a complaint, I called and the CSR could not find the branch. After at least 5 minutes of fruitless searches, I had to look it up on my tablet for her.

A few days later, I received a call from their business development manager who was very rude and very poorly trained in my opinion. He basically attempted to justify his employee's actions before finally admitting that they were completely out of line. He offered to give the employee "some coaching", basically do nothing. The complaint went nowhere. Total waste of time. As a CPA, CA, I recommend that all of my clients and colleagues keep away from TD. I highly recommend you do the same.
TD is widely known to have the best customer service in the retail-banking industry in Canada (ranked #1 in customer satisfaction 8 years in a row). From my own experiences TD always offers a channel for reasonable dispute if something goes wrong.

I've been going to McDonalds for my morning coffee for years now and just a week ago they messed up my coffee for the first time. I could have either accepted it as a simple and honest mistake as a result of employee oversight, or go on the internet and complain about how terrible the staff at McDonalds are for what they did. I'm not saying that your complaints are illegitimate, but one bad experience with a company isn't really a reflection of anything other than a single experience that didn't end up going exactly your way.
Jul 15, 2011
62 posts
24 upvotes
Cobourg
Phokus wrote: TD is widely known to have the best customer service in the retail-banking industry in Canada (ranked #1 in customer satisfaction 8 years in a row). From my own experiences TD always offers a channel for reasonable dispute if something goes wrong.

I've been going to McDonalds or my morning coffee for years now and just a week ago they messed up my coffee for the first time. I could have either accepted it as a simple and honest mistake as a result of employee oversight, or go on the internet and complain about how terrible the staff at McDonalds are for what they did. I'm not saying that your complaints are illegitimate, but one bad experience with a company isn't really a reflection of anything other than a single experience that didn't end up going exactly your way.
as per one of the quoted posts...

"+1000"
Dec 30, 2013
275 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
frozenmelon wrote: Try selling it on Kijiji for that price. You'd be lucky to get $150. $100 is more realistic.
$100!! Will you sell me yours for $105? :)

Expect $170 or so.. as savings would be $200+tax= $226 in some province - $170 = $56 on brand new tab.. will sell very fast.. I sold mine Tab 3 last year from the promo for $170 in about 2 hours...

Just my two cents..
May 9, 2012
728 posts
88 upvotes
What's the easiest way of finding out when you closed the old account?
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sweet, time for a second tablet. this deal beats Royal Bank deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1504 upvotes
QC
frozenmelon wrote: Try selling it on Kijiji for that price. You'd be lucky to get $150. $100 is more realistic.
I sold the tab3 from last year promo at 160$. Since this year promo is for a 8", 150$ shouldnt really a problem to get in Kijiji.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
Based on this, and assuming that you are only doing this to take advantage of the deal (don't actually care about switching banks), the deal in the Tangerine thread seems better and easier. Course there is no reason you can't take advantage of both deals!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2670 posts
102 upvotes
jellytime wrote: It's because of the "benefits" you get with the accounts. The only benefit I use with the all inclusive account is the waived Visa fee. I don't use my TD $USD account anymore because I have the Chase Amazon Visa and I don't have anything in my safety deposit box. I will likely close my all inclusive account soon and just invest that $5k.
With that TD Visa, I've earned in 3 years over $1300 in TD Expedia cash...that's a good reward program in my opinion. Better than any other credit card I've had. Have to admit, we have the safety deposit box but haven't used it once, we do have the US credit card and sometimes use it when we travel to the US. The $5000 minimum is the only thing but truthfully for us we don't even know it's there now so it's a nice safety net for that just in case moment.
Dec 30, 2013
275 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
jagerbombs wrote: What's the easiest way of finding out when you closed the old account?
check the balance of the account to which you transferred the money after closing the account. I couldn't find the info about closed account on my online TD account so I checked the other account to which I transferred the money while closing the TD account and voilà, it was 4th August... So I am eligible.. haha.. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
mustanglover76 wrote: With that TD Visa, I've earned in 3 years over $1300 in TD Expedia cash...that's a good reward program in my opinion. Better than any other credit card I've had. Have to admit, we have the safety deposit box but haven't used it once, we do have the US credit card and sometimes use it when we travel to the US. The $5000 minimum is the only thing but truthfully for us we don't even know it's there now so it's a nice safety net for that just in case moment.
I'm not saying the TD Infinite Visa is not a good Visa. On the contrary, I think it is a decent Visa, especially if you book travel on their Expedia website to get 9x the points. I was referring to their USD Visa. With the Chase Amazon Visa you get points and the 0% foreign exchange fee is great, I use the Amazon Visa for all my USD purchases now.

Though, having $5k as a safety net as you mentioned is smart. It forces to you to keep $5k you know you can't spend, which is nice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Ya td, take my money and make a profit with em and I'll pay you extra fee every month for your trouble.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)