• Mar 22nd, 2017 8:38 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
9 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND

New TD Aeroplan Offer (25K Offer) starts March 6th

Hello all,
Got the lowdown on this new offer coming tomorrow from TD for the Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card. Offer is up to 30K AP miles.

Benefits:
- Welcome bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Points (after first purchase; no minimum spend)
- Spend $1,000 within 90 days to get an additional 10,000 Aeroplan Points. (Total is 25K like historic offers)
- Additional 5K Points with Approved user

Con to this one is that it isn't FYF (as far as I have been told anyway). So if you are bent on getting this card FYF - I would hurry and apply before today's offer expires.
It has no effect if you have a TD All-Inclusive account that waives the fee for this card.

Was also informed that one must wait 6 months before any reward points were deposited into account (slightly different that 6 months before card was opened/activated). This last point could be open to interpretation based on T&C's that will be published tomorrow.

Enjoy and I hope this allows all to make a more informed decision based on what's in front of them today (March 5th offer for TD) versus what is coming down the pipes!
Thread Summary
NOTE - don't apply through TD! Apply through greedyrates or GCR for a better deal:
- If you have a TD All-Inclusive chequing account (which waives the annual fee for this card) then you can apply through GCR and get a $50 rebate + only 50% AF rebate (but you don't care because you already get the whole AF waived anyways).
- If you do NOT have a TD A-I chequing account, then apply through the greedyrates link for first year free (FYF).

Other details of the above two offers are the same - and the same as TD's standard offer listed in OP, except that you have $0 spending requirement to get the 10k AP after 90 days instead of $1000.
189 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9901 posts
479 upvotes
Thanks! I was planning to sign up with GCR previously but left it to the last minute, now it is removed from their website! I did the greedyrates one just now. Hopefully I can get the bonus 10K and still cancel the card just before the date I have to pay the yearly fee. Any ideas on if this is possible? Is it a good idea to actually use the card a fair bit so when they review the account in a year it looks better when you cancel?
Last edited by slowtyper on Mar 5th, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 2, 2017
41 posts
8 upvotes
That sucks. Glad I got in with the no min spend 30k bonus a few months back. Hopefully they'll introduce another FYF deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1374 posts
106 upvotes
Hamilton
same points TD been offering for years. I signed up last year and it was same 25,000pts
Dec 4, 2008
22 posts
3 upvotes
No FYF puts a big damper on this deal. Glad I signed up for the existing promo last night, still waiting on TD to get back to me on approval though....

edit: greedyrates offering FYF if you sign up through their site.
Last edited by sports1 on Mar 5th, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
9 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND
It's $120 usually.

The full T&Cs of the deal will come out tomorrow.
Historically, TD has the base offer, with places like RFD and GCR offering their own referral rebates.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
9 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND
Usually the annual fee posts a statement after the one year happens - so there is room to play with. It seems like a delicate line though, and likely not worth the hassle. Personally, I am counting on GCR / Greedyrates to come out with an "In-house" rebate of the annual fee before I sign up.
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
9 posts
14 upvotes
RICHMOND
Not yet. The full details will come out tomorrow. Just figured that I would post this on here for the benefit of those on the fence for the TD Aeroplan Infinite offer that ends tonight.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1211 posts
171 upvotes
Brampton
I've been switching between td aeroplan and first class for the last 3 years, each time getting the welcome bonus. Last time, however, they didn't give me the welcome bonus for aeroplan. Apparently, their system identifies people switch frequently and doesn't award welcome bonus. Their website only mentions a clause about having not opened an account in the laSt 6 months.

Had a heated discussion with their csr, who said td reserves the right to award welcome bonus. They opened a case and finally gave me 25k points.

Only way to milk big banks through these sign up promos.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1546 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but if this is offered through the all-inclusive chequing account, the card is free. first supplementary too.
Jan 18, 2012
541 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
ambujakshi wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 7:56 pm
I've been switching between td aeroplan and first class for the last 3 years, each time getting the welcome bonus. Last time, however, they didn't give me the welcome bonus for aeroplan. Apparently, their system identifies people switch frequently and doesn't award welcome bonus. Their website only mentions a clause about having not opened an account in the laSt 6 months.

Had a heated discussion with their csr, who said td reserves the right to award welcome bonus. They opened a case and finally gave me 25k points.

Only way to milk big banks through these sign up promos.
I've been thinking to collect points this way but never got around to it. How does this impact the credit score? you get a hard hit for each application right? how long does it take for the points to go back up?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel