• Jan 4th, 2018 10:03 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
CIBC just re-started their FYF offer, but has to be applied in branch. The CIBC offer is not publicly advertised. There is nothing in CIBC's web pages, and their phone CSRs don't know about. But since CIBC has this offer, if TD gets asked a lot, maybe they will also offer FYF again.

The news of AC dumping aeropeso puts a dark cloud on any aeropeso offering though.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
MHC111688 wrote: Many people are hoping on spring as they say that's the usual time for it, but I got mine in September with the offer and the offer was live almost continuous through to the end of summer (right up until it expired following the aeroplan / Air Canada announcement). My guess is that, until the future is less rocky and sorted out, they won't put it up again and will focus more on the First Class.
Thanks!
Arrgh wrote: CIBC just re-started their FYF offer, but has to be applied in branch. The CIBC offer is not publicly advertised. There is nothing in CIBC's web pages, and their phone CSRs don't know about. But since CIBC has this offer, if TD gets asked a lot, maybe they will also offer FYF again.

The news of AC dumping aeropeso puts a dark cloud on any aeropeso offering though.
What's the CIBC offer?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
John47 wrote: What's the CIBC offer?
CIBC just re-started their FYF offer, but has to be applied in branch. The CIBC offer is not publicly advertised. There is nothing in CIBC's web pages, and their phone CSRs don't know about. But since CIBC has this offer, if TD gets asked a lot, maybe they will also offer FYF again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
John47 wrote: Thanks!

What's the CIBC offer?
CIBC's Aerogold Infinite Visa has always been for 15,000 Aeros, I think that's what you're asking for, right?

And the FYF hasn't been publicly available via online web promo for years, thus the need during these years to call, go to YYZ or go in branch. All have worked at one time or another but based on recent reports the in branch way may be the best option/method atm.

I'll be near a YYZ CIBC kiosk in January, but I don't really need Aeros to reach another tier. I'll ask anyways, if they can still FYF the Aerogold Visa.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
Arrgh wrote: CIBC just re-started their FYF offer, but has to be applied in branch. The CIBC offer is not publicly advertised. There is nothing in CIBC's web pages, and their phone CSRs don't know about. But since CIBC has this offer, if TD gets asked a lot, maybe they will also offer FYF again.
bizee-bee wrote: CIBC's Aerogold Infinite Visa has always been for 15,000 Aeros, I think that's what you're asking for, right?

And the FYF hasn't been publicly available via online web promo for years, thus the need during these years to call, go to YYZ or go in branch. All have worked at one time or another but based on recent reports the in branch way may be the best option/method atm.

I'll be near a YYZ CIBC kiosk in January, but I don't really need Aeros to reach another tier. I'll ask anyways, if they can still FYF the Aerogold Visa.
Thanks guys!

Had it in mind last time when through airport but didn't run into a kiosk.

What's the spending requirement to get the bonus?

Will probably just wait to see if TD Aeroplan comes back to 25K in the coming months.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
John47 wrote: Thanks guys!

Will probably just wait to see if TD Aeroplan comes back to 25K in the coming months.
You can always get the TD FYF and bonus 15k offer, if you have a TD All-inclusive account. It's $30/month for the AI account. But you can also try to ask an in-branch FA/FP to see if they'd open such an account for you and waive the $30/month fee for 3 months. TD did that several times (reimburse me for 3 months of AI account) to allow me to get TD First Class visa or ae visa for free, when they didn't have the FYF offer on.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
Arrgh wrote: You can always get the TD FYF and bonus 15k offer, if you have a TD All-inclusive account. It's $30/month for the AI account. But you can also try to ask an in-branch FA/FP to see if they'd open such an account for you and waive the $30/month fee for 3 months. TD did that several times (reimburse me for 3 months of AI account) to allow me to get TD First Class visa or ae visa for free, when they didn't have the FYF offer on.
Thanks --- currently have an AI account which is kind of going to waste while I wait for a TD Aeroplan offer that's worth it. I have the TD FCT but it's FYF, so it doesn't count as the "free" premium card.
Jun 16, 2012
316 posts
50 upvotes
MARKHAM
ambujakshi wrote: I've been switching between td aeroplan and first class for the last 3 years, each time getting the welcome bonus. Last time, however, they didn't give me the welcome bonus for aeroplan. Apparently, their system identifies people switch frequently and doesn't award welcome bonus. Their website only mentions a clause about having not opened an account in the laSt 6 months.

Had a heated discussion with their csr, who said td reserves the right to award welcome bonus. They opened a case and finally gave me 25k points.

Only way to milk big banks through these sign up promos.
So doing this every 6 months i should be safe? Got the Cashback one and was thinking of doing this lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
John47 wrote: Thanks guys!

Spending requirement for the CIBC FYF/15,000 offer is $0.01 (first purchase).
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Oct 26, 2016
278 posts
162 upvotes
darksoul wrote: So doing this every 6 months i should be safe? Got the Cashback one and was thinking of doing this lol.
In theory yes, unless you get an uppity rep like the other guy did that makes you have to fight them. I got the Aeroplan last September, went to First Class after 6 months, and then back to Aeroplan after 5 months (I went at it early as I wanted the luggage/lounge availability for an upcoming trip). Since the language is formally "not within 6 months" rather than once per lifetime, they really have nothing to go on.
Jun 15, 2017
464 posts
190 upvotes
Can you switch to a different product though online email?
Dec 7, 2014
90 posts
40 upvotes
For the one-time annual Maple Leaf lounge access, are you able to bring in a guest with you if they are on the same booking itinerary as you? Or they would have to pay to access?
Oct 26, 2016
278 posts
162 upvotes
Happy2012 wrote: For the one-time annual Maple Leaf lounge access, are you able to bring in a guest with you if they are on the same booking itinerary as you? Or they would have to pay to access?
Everything I've read is that they have to pay.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7371 posts
9175 upvotes
Montreal
Happy2012 wrote: For the one-time annual Maple Leaf lounge access, are you able to bring in a guest with you if they are on the same booking itinerary as you? Or they would have to pay to access?
Yes, they would have to pay. And keep in mind, that the lounge access is only valid if you are flying on an Aeroplan rewards ticket and only on AC metal. You don't get access if you are flying on a paid ticket or on other airlines.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
efrant wrote: Yes, they would have to pay. And keep in mind, that the lounge access is only valid if you are flying on an Aeroplan rewards ticket and only on AC metal. You don't get access if you are flying on a paid ticket or on other airlines.
And that award ticket has to be redeemed from your own account. But sometimes the lounge dragon may not know all the rules and lets you in.

We have Priority Pass lounge access through other means, and that is much more flexible.
Jun 15, 2017
464 posts
190 upvotes
I took a guest in one year and the guard was prepared to charge me the regular fee....she then checked her watch and charged me a much lower fee.I assume that it might depend on how many hours you arrive before the flight.....anyone know???
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7371 posts
9175 upvotes
Montreal
fadetogrey wrote: I took a guest in one year and the guard was prepared to charge me the regular fee....she then checked her watch and charged me a much lower fee.I assume that it might depend on how many hours you arrive before the flight.....anyone know???
In Canada/U.S. it's C$15/US$15 if you show up before 11am and C$25/US$25 if you show up after 11am.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)