• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2014 11:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
988 upvotes

*NEW* TD Aeroplan Visa Credit Cards (Personal) - DISCUSSION THREAD

Starting in January, TD will be introducing Aeroplan co-branded credit cards.
Please do not ask me about the specific benefits of each card and what they mean. I don't know, so I won't be able to answer you. :P
I'm actually creating this thread because I want to learn more about the products myself!

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the benefits of each card. :)

TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum
Enrolment Bonus: 10,000 miles
Miles Earned: 1 Aeroplan Mile/$1.50
Bonus #1: 1 mile/$1 on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases
Bonus #2: Aeroplan Card and TD Visa can be used together at Aeroplan partner locations
Insurance: Delayed/Lost Baggage, Flight Delay, Collision Loss and Damage Insurance, Common Carrier, Purchase Security & Extended Warranty, Emergency Travel Assistance
Annual Fee: $89 Primary User, $35 Authorized User
Income Requirement: None
Interest Rate: 19.99%
Minimum Credit Limit: $1,500
Exclusive Privileges: None
Air Canada Benefits: None
FIRST YEAR ANNUAL FEE WAIVED ($89)

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
Enrolment Bonus: 15,000 miles
Miles Earned: 1 Aeroplan Mile/$1.00
Bonus #1: 1.5 mile/$1 on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases
Bonus #2: Aeroplan Card and TD Visa can be used together at Aeroplan partner locations
Insurance: 15 Day Travel & Medical Insurance, Trip Cancel/Trip Interrupt, Delayed/Lost Baggage, Flight Delay, Collision Loss and Damage Insurance, Common Carrier (incl. Auto Rental), Purchase Security & Extended Warranty, Emergency Travel Assistance
Annual Fee: $120 Primary User, $50 Authorized User
Income Requirement: $60,000 or $100,000 household
Minimum Credit Limit: $5,000
Exclusive Privileges: Concierge
Air Canada Benefits: When travelling on Reward flights: One annual one-time use Maple Leaf Lounge access pass, First checked bag free, Priority check-in, Priority boarding
FIRST YEAR ANNUAL FEE WAIVED ($120)

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege
Enrolment Bonus: 25,000 miles
Miles Earned: 1.25 Aeroplan Mile/$1.00
Bonus #1: 1.5 mile/$1 on gas, grocery and drugstore, and Air Canada purchases
Insurance: 22 Day Travel & Medical Insurance, Trip Cancel/Trip Interrupt, Delayed/Lost Baggage, Flight Delay, Collision Loss and Damage Insurance, Common Carrier (incl. Auto Rental) - (expanded vs. Infinite coverage), Purchase Security & Extended Warranty (expanded vs. Infinite Coverage), Emergency Travel Assistance
Annual Fee: $399 Primary User, $99 Authorized User
Income Requirement: $200,000 household
Minimum Credit Limit: $10,000
Exclusive Privileges: Privilege Concierge, Global Lounge Service, Security VIP Fast Lane (Selected Airports), Golf Program, Sports packages (Olympics; FIFA), Music, food and wine experiences
Air Canada Benefits: First checked bag free on Air Canada flights, Priority check-in on Air Canada flights, Priority boarding on Air Canada flights, Four annual one-time use Maple Leaf Lounge
access passes (when travelling on Reward flights), 50% discount on companion tickets for eligible Executive Class fares on Air Canada Flights available once per calendar year
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
315 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3401 posts
620 upvotes
First thought: the TD Aeroplan Platinum Visa is a serious downgrade from Aerogold for people such as myself who don't quality for Infinite. Definitely not keeping the card if they sell me to TD.
Jun 10, 2010
336 posts
111 upvotes
CorSter wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 8:55 pm
First thought: the TD Aeroplan Platinum Visa is a serious downgrade from Aerogold for people such as myself who don't quality for Infinite. Definitely not keeping the card if they sell me to TD.
The redemption rate is higher, but if you only have an Aerogold card now then you probably aren't spending enough on it to justify going to a card with an 89 dollar fee. It feels like there's a tier missing from the bottom here.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3199 upvotes
Calgary
Gotta see what the sign-up promos are.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3401 posts
620 upvotes
CM52 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 9:04 pm
The redemption rate is higher, but if you only have an Aerogold card now then you probably aren't spending enough on it to justify going to a card with an 89 dollar fee. It feels like there's a tier missing from the bottom here.
I don't meet the individual income requirement for Infinite, but my monthly spending certainly justifies keeping the Aerogold card (much of my spending is travel that is reimbursed). I've been thinking of switching to the Scotia Gold AMEX anyways as it's a better fit for my spending patterns, but I was willing to wait to see what TD had to offer first. So far, not impressed.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1014 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
Yikes. I was expecting better than that. They'll have promotions I'm sure... I'd hope.
My views represent solely my views, and not the company in which I work for.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22430 posts
4280 upvotes
Waterloo
Wow, these are weak welcome bonuses and bad annual fees
I wouldn't get one unless it's waived with TD's "all inclusive/select service" account, or if they do "first year free"

AMEX cards are better (at least either the 25K Gold card or 30K Aeroplan Gold) besides the AC benefits
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
988 upvotes
Yeah, I'm wondering as well if the All Inclusive account would waive any of the fees.
Richmond Hill & GTA
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1496 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
danyo wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 8:44 pm
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege
Enrolment Bonus: 25,000 miles
Miles Earned: 1.25 Aeroplan Mile/$1.00
Bonus #1: 1.5 mile/$1 on gas, grocery and drugstore, and Air Canada purchases
Insurance: 22 Day Travel & Medical Insurance, Trip Cancel/Trip Interrupt, Delayed/Lost Baggage, Flight Delay, Collision Loss and Damage Insurance, Common Carrier (incl. Auto Rental) - (expanded vs. Infinite coverage), Purchase Security & Extended Warranty (expanded vs. Infinite Coverage), Emergency Travel Assistance
Annual Fee: $399 Primary User, $99 Authorized User
Income Requirement: $200,000 household
Minimum Credit Limit: $10,000
That is actually very shutty for the requirements they are asking for and the annual fee they are charging and for a merely 10K limit :)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1652 posts
215 upvotes
These are disappointing offers. I was hoping TD would have some good Aeroplan cards but I am not excited about these.
Mar 27, 2009
264 posts
48 upvotes
orangefall wrote:
Dec 8th, 2013 10:16 pm
This makes me appreciate Amex more.
Agreed. There is nothing here that isn't surpassed by Amex. Even if you are willing to pay $400 for the "Infinite Priviliege" you may as well pay $500 for the Amex Aeroplan Platinum and get everything the Visa offers and more (like full access to Maple Leaf Lounges, rather than 4 passes a year, for example.)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2006
2051 posts
125 upvotes
Not even start discussing the value of AeroPesos, these are very poor offerings by TD. Why even bother offering these useless cards, it is beyond me. :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
988 upvotes
Would anyone happen to know what this is by any chance? Four annual one-time use Maple Leaf Lounge access passes (when travelling on Reward flights)
Richmond Hill & GTA