Expired Hot Deals

[Telus] New TELUS Mobility Promos 2-year & M2M starting at $43 300 canadawide & 400MB!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2013 10:14 pm
Tags:
None
May 28, 2009
683 posts
214 upvotes
Nelson BC
LostInTruth wrote:
Mar 8th, 2013 10:37 pm
Why would you think that your free feature would automatically renew? Never assume bud. Keep in mind for the last 1,2,or 3 years you got it for free. Why do people feel that they deserve everything forever? Promos will always expire. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME. :cheesygri n
They didnt start as promos, they became promos on one renewal then expired after another. I was having a dysfunctional- adversarial- relationship with Telus. I needed to be a lawyer to figure out what I cant see them doing- new definitions of the words "renew" and "extend" I previously wasnt aware of.

Seriously, the simplicity and clarity I have with Koodo is worth a lot. Telus may own Koodo, but Koodo sure the hell aint Telus. Thank Lord Kinbote.
Feb 9, 2008
68 posts
13 upvotes
What is the cost (per 100 megs) if you go over the 400 meg data limit in a given month?
Nov 23, 2006
219 posts
13 upvotes
Not a bad deal if pairing with the HTC One X which is going for 0$ for 2 year contracts.
May 17, 2003
763 posts
682 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP, got retentions to switch me to this plan while I wait for my contract to expire. It was still better than any of the plans they could offer me to re-sign on another contract.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
Just called 611 abd after a few minutes they found the 10% byod discount for m2m customers. If it helps anyone, she said it was located in january promos. Anyhow, I think I read elsewhere that it only applied for certain plans. Just to confirm she said I could not get it because I was not on a current plan, but rather a very old plan. I'm on a very old plan where I still have my voice and data as separate things. I only pay $17 for voice and $20 for 1 gb data with option of 6gb for $30. I guess unless there is a much better plan out there for $40 - 10% then it doesn't make sense for me to switch and give up my plan.
Anyone have luck with an older plan?
Aug 18, 2005
910 posts
43 upvotes
Was anyone able to take advantage of the BYOD while still on contract?

I bought a nexus 4, but it hasn't been registered through Telus. Am I able to use this towards 10% off while still under an existing contract?
Mar 19, 2009
230 posts
40 upvotes
YVR
CheapCanuck wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 12:05 pm
What is the cost (per 100 megs) if you go over the 400 meg data limit in a given month?
2 cents per mb
Jan 30, 2005
804 posts
7 upvotes
They didn't allow my friend to be on 43$ 2yr plan because he was already on a contract and got refurb iphone?
(since last Nov)
Oct 28, 2012
343 posts
99 upvotes
Ajax, ON
nearbyu wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 1:03 am
I told them I heard 10% off if month by month, but they gave me the big surprise of $10/month :)
by the way, I signed in the 43/month plan.
Thanks for the tip. though the rep I spoke to couldn't find this. Another poster said it might be with the "January promos." I'll try again.
Doc wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 1:49 pm
Thanks OP, got retentions to switch me to this plan while I wait for my contract to expire. It was still better than any of the plans they could offer me to re-sign on another contract.
I'm on contract till December. Was gonna cancel, pay my device balance ($131) plus $50 cancel penalty and go with Koodo $45 plan (-10% for BYOP). Still save $2/month till December when I then start saving $19.50 cuz current plan is $60. That $45 plan gives me everything I want. Seriously.
Just got off the phone with the retention guy who claimed that I would have to pay half my device balance first ($65) to be on month to month, then he could switch me to this $43 promo plan. Apparently my contract states that I must maintain a min plan of $50 (cuz I have the iPhone 4) evidently (?)
Was that your experience too with the switch? And what's up with this 10% (or $10 or whatever) because I'd be doing m2m instead of contract? Isn't that a backwards thought? lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
keyzersoze78 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 1:05 am
The 2 year contract is not needed as you can get this with m2m.

Also, the title should be changed to 300 minutes and 400mb data each line.

Thanks though!
Yeah, but you can get the HTC One X with a 2 year term for $0, if you need a phone.

Updated, thanks
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
taskmasta wrote:
Mar 10th, 2013 1:15 pm
Thanks for the tip. though the rep I spoke to couldn't find this. Another poster said it might be with the "January promos." I'll try again.

I'm on contract till December. Was gonna cancel, pay my device balance ($131) plus $50 cancel penalty and go with Koodo $45 plan (-10% for BYOP). Still save $2/month till December when I then start saving $19.50 cuz current plan is $60. That $45 plan gives me everything I want. Seriously.
Just got off the phone with the retention guy who claimed that I would have to pay half my device balance first ($65) to be on month to month, then he could switch me to this $43 promo plan. Apparently my contract states that I must maintain a min plan of $50 (cuz I have the iPhone 4) evidently (?)
Was that your experience too with the switch? And what's up with this 10% (or $10 or whatever) because I'd be doing m2m instead of contract? Isn't that a backwards thought? lol
When did you start your contract? If you are going month to month, you would need to pay off your ENTIRE device balance. The $50 minimum is if you drop below a $50 rate plan (again depends on when you started your contract, I believe pre May-2011 you only need to maintain $50 commitment for 1yr; after that you had to maintain for entire 3 yr term). I would call again and get some better clarity. The 10% applies because as m2m you get no phone subsidy.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Oct 28, 2012
343 posts
99 upvotes
Ajax, ON
LostInTruth wrote:
Mar 10th, 2013 2:10 pm
When did you start your contract? If you are going month to month, you would need to pay off your ENTIRE device balance. The $50 minimum is if you drop below a $50 rate plan (again depends on when you started your contract, I believe pre May-2011 you only need to maintain $50 commitment for 1yr; after that you had to maintain for entire 3 yr term). I would call again and get some better clarity. The 10% applies because as m2m you get no phone subsidy.
Thanks for the info.
FYI for anybody else that wants to know http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/Bill ... v_21.shtml

Changing your rate plan (for contract agreements signed after Nov 21, 2010)

If you signed up for a service commitment with a minimum rate plan, you can change your rate plan midway through your service term for no charge so long as your new rate plan meets the requirements of your service commitment. You can change your rate plan two times per calendar year. If you change your rate plan to one that does not meet your service commitment criteria, you will incur a charge equal to half your device balance at the time of rate plan change. Your device balance will also be halved and your monthly credit amount adjusted accordingly.

If your service term start date is between November 21, 2010 and May 15, 2011, the charge will only apply in the first year of your service term and up to a maximum of $200.
Mar 7, 2011
25 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge
taskmasta wrote:
I added this to my plan (a different plan than discussed) yesterday after reading this feed. The rep said that they could not find anything about this promo. I searched "bring your own device" in the search engine of the Telus website. Once I told the rep this, he suddenly found the Promo also! :)
May 17, 2003
763 posts
682 upvotes
Mississauga
taskmasta wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. They did not give me any problems making the switch to the $43/month plan. I have still have 6 months left on my contract but was not required to pay off any of my device balance. Keep in mind my contract started in 2010 so my contract rules may be different from yours. At any rate, didn't qualify for the 10% discount since I'm technically still on contract.