• Jul 4th, 2012 12:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1127 posts
57 upvotes

New Ultra AVX Theatres

Just discovered Cineplex's new renovated Ultra AVX movie theatres. Not bad.

They cost as much as Imax, the screen is higher dpi and just as large in size, the seats are reclining pleather, lots more legroom and wide-asses uave more room too, but the biggest change... seat reservation!

When you get your ticket, you choose the seat you want, they pop up a screen of the seating chart and you choose. It's both good and bad, lineups are gonna take a while longer as people make their decision, you may not get seats together and since they're numbered by seat and row, it'll be harder to get people to move over to accommodate others. But a lotta people wanted that kinda system and now they have it.
123 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9400 posts
356 upvotes
Mississauga
Link for more info.

Queensway is the only one in the GTA. The other one is the CrossIron in Calgary. It seems to be similar to AMC's ETX theatres.
Aug 1, 2007
469 posts
17 upvotes
Seen Inception and Resident Evil in that theater. Both looked great in it.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3800 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
what are the ticket prices?
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22718 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
anyone know if you can use the energizer 2for1 for these tickets?
Jan 17, 2007
350 posts
Excellent theatre.. Worth checking out at least once!
Dec 25, 2001
866 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
Also don't forget to check out the VIP theatres in Oakville. Reserved seating, table, in seat food delivery, licensed and the best part, restricted to 19+.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12205 posts
92 upvotes
chernabog wrote:
Sep 20th, 2010 7:19 pm
Also don't forget to check out the VIP theatres in Oakville. Reserved seating, table, in seat food delivery, licensed and the best part, restricted to 19+.
Same size screen and resolution though.

I watched Star Trek there, and felt like a VIP.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2266 posts
303 upvotes
They just opened two in Edmonton.

Can anyone give us a review and description of what the deal is? Is it really worth paying extra for this?
Jun 7, 2006
777 posts
6 upvotes
3 more new Ultra AVX theatres are coming to the GTA soon. Those theatres are the Coliseum Scarborough, Silvercities Brampton and Mississauga. Cineplex updated their Ultra AVX page.
Jan 10, 2006
384 posts
9 upvotes
I hate the idea of reserved seats. should always be first come, first seated. always.
[QUOTE]Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.[/QUOTE]
Dec 25, 2001
866 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
JustinCredible wrote:
Oct 24th, 2010 11:10 am
I hate the idea of reserved seats. should always be first come, first seated. always.

Why are you opposed to reserved seating?
Jan 28, 2006
291 posts
4 upvotes
did anyone try the UltraAvx at STC? ... is it any good? I always go to fairview's silvercity because of the better equipment there, but wanna try UltraAvx.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
2212 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
JustinCredible wrote:
chernabog wrote:
Oct 24th, 2010 8:55 pm
Why are you opposed to reserved seating?

Seriously, I think reserved seating is great. This will eliminate people who come in late and bug everyone else by asking them to move, I hate that even more.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1640 posts
188 upvotes
JustinCredible wrote:

Uh, isn't first-come first-seated the same thing? The first person to pay, and reserve their seat, gets seated first.

Pretty simple really.
× < >