• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2005 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1293 posts
107 upvotes
I don't believe in their story about buying the company in the South Street Seaport. Having lived in NYC for 11 years, I have never seen or heard of NYF until I came to Canada. :confused:
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1201 upvotes
Sauga
advantage21 wrote:I don't believe in their story about buying the company in the South Street Seaport. Having lived in NYC for 11 years, I have never seen or heard of NYF until I came to Canada. :confused:
In NYC, it was just one chip stand that lasted only two years in the mid 80's.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1301 posts
CSAgent wrote:I use to work at New York Fries at Coliseum Mississauga 8 years ago.

filled with potatoes.. ;) )

Your NYF gravy are made in this way:

Basically it is powder mix and cold tap water, microwaved for 10 minutes, dumped into that dispenser that's heated, charge you 50 cents for it (at least it was 50 cents when I was there.)

At least, the cheese is real and they come from a prepackaged bag.

Enjoy your over priced fries! :D
Do you know which company the gravy powder mixture comes from? I wouldnt mind finding some for my own fries
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18473 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed, 8 years later the procedure is still the same..... the only thing now is that the nachos come prepackaged from Mexicasa sealed and all... but yep.. i can agree with everything you said, i see it every weekend wen i work... if you saw how fastfood was made at the back of every fastfood place, you wouldn't eat it for a while....
CSAgent wrote:I use to work at New York Fries at Coliseum Mississauga 8 years ago.

This is how we made your fries:

A cardboard box of dirty potatoes covered in dirt and what have you, dumped into a big sink that does not get washed, ever. Plug the drain, turn on cold water until sink is filled. Then, take a big plastic bucket that has all these scratches inside them, they're old, very old. We take bucket next to this metallic chopper that rarely gets washed so when you pull on it manually, the fries are cut. Anyway, take potatoe out of sink, use a brush to brush things off, often not carefully, it's 1 2 in you go, or wax on, wax off and into the chopper, pull lever, fries fall into dirty bucket. Keep doing this until bucket is full, fill bucket with cold tap water, push over to the corner next to deep fryer.

Fries are made in the following way: Take metallic net scooper, scoop it with as much fries as you can, leave it to hang dry. Dump into deep fryer, dump fries into paper cups for customer, take oil drenched net scooper into bucket, therefore contaminating the cold water filled fries and repeat process. (Remember how I said the buckets do not get washed, well you see a lot of oily cold water buckets filled with potatoes.. ;) )

Your NYF gravy are made in this way:

Basically it is powder mix and cold tap water, microwaved for 10 minutes, dumped into that dispenser that's heated, charge you 50 cents for it (at least it was 50 cents when I was there.)

At least, the cheese is real and they come from a prepackaged bag.

Enjoy your over priced fries! :D

A box of potatoes, costs Coliseum $2 a box. Profit from a box of fries? Around $300-$400... woooooo... Enjoy, remember, if you poop and your poop is greasy, hehe it's from the cold tap water mixed with deep greasy oil. :)

If you'd like ot find out how the next door stand Taco Bell makes Tacos, hell I'll tell you too, or even your pop corn, hot dogs even, your nachos..hehe (Did you know there's a person sitting at teh back in the storeroom who takes out your nacho chips from a bag and manually puts them into a tray? Sometimes the person uses gloves, sometimes they don't... the storeroom is dusty and filthy at times, so remember that! Enjoy kiddies!