• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2015 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1020 posts
58 upvotes
My wife and I went to the new outlet today and arrived at around 11:45am (Saturday). If you take the Arthur Lang bridge towards YVR, they don't let you merge right to exit onto Templeton Rd to get to the mall. Instead, they make you drive further towards YVR and when you get to Aviation Rd, you make a right turn and then another right onto some service road which then leads you to the outlet. However, if you are coming from Richmond, you have access via Templeton. There are flag people directing traffic and guiding you in the parking lot but traffic wasn't really that bad to warrant extra traffic personnel as I have seen backups at Aberdeen mall worse than this. RCMP is also directing traffic to and out of the outlet mall.

We were there for about 3 hours, bought a few things, had a snack and walked the entire mall. The store with a constant lineup was Coach. Polo also had a line when we first got there but after walking around a bit, we were able to just walk in. However, when we left, there was a small lineup outside. Tommy and Armani also had lines at times but probably nothing more than 10 minutes. Interestingly, Japadog had a very long line only outdone by Coach. Shoppers in the mall were 90% Asian. I also spotted some Alberta, and Washington State vehicles in the parking lot.

Were there any good deals? Well, it really depends on what you are looking for. I bought a slim Tumi wallet that was probably last years model for about half of retail with their additional 25% in store discount. At the Polo store my wife purchased 2 t-shirt type tops for about $12 each and I bought a track jacket for around $41 after a special 25% coupon was applied. Considering the current crappy exchange rate, I believe we got some good deals without having to drive all the way to the Seattle Premium Outlets. We also bought some of those chocolate balls (Truffles?) in various varieties from the Lindt store, where you can mix and match what types of chocolate balls you desired. If you bought 100 of them, you get 55% off and there was another deal if you bought 150 of them. Since these are quite fattening, we only left the store with less than 20 of them. As we were not purchasing in ultra bulk quantities, we only got 10% off using the malls "privileges card", which you can sign up for on the mall's website. The discounts using the 'privileges card" are not constant and change depending on what retailers want to offer. For the opening weekend, it is 10% off certain stores.

The food court is interesting and is a bit hipster. You will encounter lots of locally grown organic this and that type of foods. There were also a couple of food trucks outside. One was Vij's and the other one had a French sounding name. Seating in the unfinished looking food area is extremely limited.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
J8 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2015 9:56 am
This place will be just lovely getting to during the Boxing Day and Black Friday sales. :cheesygri
Getting to the Air Port will be just lovely on Boxing day / Black Friday or on any given the weekend.
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12510 posts
1903 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Anyone go this weekend?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2063 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
I heard this weekend its dead there.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12510 posts
1903 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I think everyone was busy preparing for the Rush or One Direction concert Saturday :P
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2063 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
As you no doubt can see from the pic that you posted Becks, most of the ppl during the opening weekend are Asian shoppers, we like to see what all the fuss is all about, if nothing special, then forget about going back.

There will be another wave of these Asians during the next phase's opening, then once everything is opened, the place will die down quickly again.