• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2018 12:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 23, 2017
748 posts
237 upvotes

Newborn Baby Photoshoot?

Does anyone have any experience or can comment on a newborn baby photoshoot? I am in the Etobicoke area if that matters.

Thanks!
Got that Zoomer account!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2007
1744 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga
My tips....
1) Newborn photogs generally want to do them in the first 2 weeks while they're still "sleepy"
2) I prefer getting a photographer that will come to your house rather than having to go their studio. leaving a house for an appointment with a newborn is difficult at the best of times .
[OP]
May 23, 2017
748 posts
237 upvotes
jandumm wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 2:51 pm
My tips....
1) Newborn photogs generally want to do them in the first 2 weeks while they're still "sleepy"
2) I prefer getting a photographer that will come to your house rather than having to go their studio. leaving a house for an appointment with a newborn is difficult at the best of times .
Good tip. Any idea of a decent one in Etobicoke area?

Someone on this board must have done a shoot like this, any help would be appreciated.
Got that Zoomer account!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8769 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
Save money and do it yourself.

Even a new iPhone can do great photos. Use a DSLR or ask someone who has one. I have lots of friends who are camera geeks, they would love the chance to practice and take photos. And your friends would probably take hundreds/thousands of shots, and they would probably process them "photoshop" for you too. All for free.

I think its even more meaningful if a friend/relative did it. When they grow up, you show the baby these phtos, "Uncle Jack took these photos for us"

Google the photos online and copy them. Get a white, black , etc paper background, use sunlight near a window. Use software or the actual lens to blur the background.

Poses are the same ones: in a basket, in the palm of your hands, their little hand in your hand, everyone naked from shoulder up for a family photo, etc. then print some out in big canvas or 8x10
[OP]
May 23, 2017
748 posts
237 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 5:04 pm

Even a new iPhone can do great photos. Use a DSLR or ask someone who has one. I have lots of friends who are camera geeks, they would love the chance to practice and take photos. And your friends would probably take hundreds/thousands of shots, and they would probably process them "photoshop" for you too. All for free.

I think its even more meaningful if a friend/relative did it. When they grow up, you show the baby these phtos, "Uncle Jack took these photos for us"

Google the photos online and copy them. Get a white, black , etc paper background, use sunlight near a window. Use software or the actual lens to blur the background.

Poses are the same ones: in a basket, in the palm of your hands, their little hand in your hand, everyone naked from shoulder up for a family photo, etc. then print some out in big canvas or 8x10
this is a good idea!
Got that Zoomer account!
Mar 24, 2015
781 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rfdrfd wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 5:04 pm

yup agree.

You can easily get the props and fluffy blanket on amazon, etsy, etc. First few weeks when they sleep all the time is ideal, but I had no trouble at 3 months as well.