Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

$159.99 !! Pretty WARM ! TOSHIBA X300 5TB 7200 RPM Internal Hdd

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2016 4:16 pm
May 24, 2007
325 posts
98 upvotes
British Columbia
Sgt_Strider wrote: It was free shipping earlier today?
Yea it was free shipping yesterday morning. Then went to 8.99, now it's 5.99 shipping.
Jun 12, 2013
493 posts
354 upvotes
Are these worth RAIDing? To compensate for the potential failure?
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl
Thanks OP! I was going to wait until boxing day to fill up the rest of the new 1815 but I've done enough agonizing over it.
There was, it's gone now. $8.99 shipping at the moment.
5.99 now, 15 for four.

Pretty stoked now, going to be rocking four of these for hot storage, two 8T reds for cold storage and two 750G crucials for root VM images. Giddyap! All thanks to RFD. *tips hat*
Are these worth RAIDing? To compensate for the potential failure?
RAID all the things. They don't appear to support TLER for hware raid but they should be fine in a NAS etc.
Please excuse my son, he's artistic.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
Here's the backblaze info on the Toshiba 4TB and 5TB drives:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/a-look-a ... rd-drives/

For future reference, here is the Toshiba 3.5 internal drives RMA/Warranty web page:

https://myapps.taec.toshiba.com/myapps/ ... oLogin.jsp

Clicking on RMA generates an email:

PLEASE REVIEW THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY.IF YOU FEEL ANY DATA IS INCORRECT, PLEASE CONTACT US TOLL FREE IMMEDIATELY AT 877-689-4899.

RMA Number: SSWR1234567 Created on: 04/06/16

Hard Drive Return Address ................................................................... Replacement Ship Address
_________________________ ................. ......................................... _________________________

TOSHIBA AMERICA ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, INC. ..................................Your Address
TOSHIBA C/O CEVA LOGISTICS .
1880 MATHESON BLVD
EAST MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO L4W 5N4 .......... ........................................ ATTN : Your Name
CANADA ....................................................................................................Phone: Your Phone
ATTN: RMA# SSWR1234567 :
Visit us at our WebSite ............................................................................Email: your email
http://storage.toshiba.com

Model Number Part Number Serial Number RMA Type

DT01ACA300 HDKPC08A0A01S 53SX1234567 RS

PLEASE PRINT 2 COPIES OF THIS PAGE. INCLUDE A COPY WITH THE DRIVE YOU ARE RETURNING.

This RMA is valid for 30 calendar days from the date of issuance. The RMA number will be cancelled if product is not received within this time frame.

Estimated turnaround time is 30 days from the date we receive your defective product. However it may be longer depending on stock availability.
Sep 18, 2015
4 posts
Georgetown, ON
A little background information peeps.
When WD purchased HGST, part of the deal involved HGST selling off their HDD manufacturing plant. Which they did to Toshiba. So all X300 drives are mfg's in the former HGST plant.
So that being said, what's annoying me big time is Toshiba is not disclosing what the drive MTBF/ MTTF and load park specs are ! ? the only website showing this info is a 3rd party online retailer - macsales: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Toshiba/HDWE150XZSTA/
The specs on macsales.com are very good, but there's no way to confirm the validity given Toshiba isn't publishing anything to prove in support or the contrary.

I purchased 2 of these units, however something tells me the reason why Toshiba's not disclosing this info is because it's either real poor specs or it was part of a non-disclosure agreement with the HGST plant acquisition. Either way, it stinks - hoping I don't regret this purchase. Maybe if we all bombard Toshiba Canada/ USA with enquiries they'll publish this info.