Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Asrock Z370 Pro4 Mobo 109.99 after MIR

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2018 4:01 pm
Apr 5, 2010
683 posts
106 upvotes
Regina

[Newegg] Asrock Z370 Pro4 Mobo 109.99 after MIR

Probably the lowest price you can get on a Z370 board for a budget build, reviews are good from what I can see. No 10Gbps USB, but should have everything else you would need for a budget or non OC build. I'm using it for a non-gaming, non-OC build with the 8700 basic. Shellshocker expires today.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Is this really a good deal nowadays for a basic board.
Whenever I think basic board, I think sub 100$ mark.
The cryptominers must be really driving up prices.
Apr 5, 2010
683 posts
106 upvotes
Regina
Right now only the Z370s are available, when the B360s come out you will likely see better prices for budget builds, but if you can't wait til Feb-Mar this is probably as good as you can get. Also this board WILL OC if you want.
Jul 17, 2011
268 posts
1233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Watch out for the MIR you have 14 day After the purchase to send them by mail the serial number from cut from the box. they dont care about shipping time...
bought a asrock z370 sli pro ac and wasn't able to send it in time even if it was in the christmas vacation time..

Also by sending the serial number from the box you loose RMA possibility from newegg so you better make sure you test it before sending the s/n
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
Thank god its not an mATX because if it was I would've had to buy one.
Apr 5, 2010
683 posts
106 upvotes
Regina
pros911 wrote: Watch out for the MIR you have 14 day After the purchase to send them by mail the serial number from cut from the box. they dont care about shipping time...
bought a asrock z370 sli pro ac and wasn't able to send it in time even if it was in the christmas vacation time..

Also by sending the serial number from the box you loose RMA possibility from newegg so you better make sure you test it before sending the s/n
Thanks for the info, I pulled the trigger anyways and won't be able to build immediately. Hopefully it either works or else ASRock has good customer service...
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
Are you building the system in stages or something?

Id ask you why. Because Z370 in general is a short lived platform, I bet Z390 will come out this year with LGA1161 the 10nm replacement for Coffee Lake. Also with those Mikes deals on processors im not sure if they will really drop much further.

For this platform though if you needed something today Good deal. Usually its postmarked within 30days for mir. Just when you said you wont build immediately, I wonder why?

Only thing on these sub 150 boards is you watch for the number and the heatsinks over the board, some boards only have 6 vrms. other have the 10 like i see here. The vrms would get hot if you overclocked on this board but you are not, so enjoy it.
May 19, 2005
952 posts
571 upvotes
Kingston
the_prairie_prophet wrote: Thanks for the info, I pulled the trigger anyways and won't be able to build immediately. Hopefully it either works or else ASRock has good customer service...
They absolutely do not.
AsRock boards are pretty good, but their MIR is the absolute worst, in fact, it should be considered fraud, if you ask me, and their "customer service" is terrible. They go out of their way to put all available roadblocks in the end users way. No easy online RMA, no RMA by serial number, many boards have only 1 year warranty, and "original receipt' submitted by "original owner" are requirements.

Yes, good boards, pretty much no across the board to all other aspects of Asrock. Just my opinion from my years building systems. Asrock is the *only* company I've never successfully had an RMA from. And they've only paid out about 3 in 12 or so MIR's I've had with them.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
westnylefx wrote: Are you building the system in stages or something?

Id ask you why. Because Z370 in general is a short lived platform
This only matter if one buys a crappy cpu, eg an i3. Cpu's get faster so slowly for most people there will be several socket changes before upgrading makes sense anyways. 390 series won't be any different

If there is a big jump from one cpu generation to the next a different platform will be required anyways
Jun 17, 2015
139 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I know I can get way better boards, but can in OC a 8700k with this safely?
Apr 5, 2010
683 posts
106 upvotes
Regina
It's a build I'll be working on in the next month or so, by not immediately I meant I'm shopping deals and buying piecemeal. Thanks for the heads up on the MIR, I'll try what I can to get it.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
marcanthonynoz wrote: I know I can get way better boards, but can in OC a 8700k with this safely?
I don't see why not, According to this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/show ... -Z370-Pro4 this motherboard has fairly stable memory and core voltage. VRM are handling it fine without too much fluctuation. VRM temperature is a little high at 70c but you can always stick a few heatsink on it if you are concerned. Overall not a bad board and shouldn't be "unsafe" to overclock within reasonble means.

Asrock has been fairly solid in terms of quality the recent years. I would rate them over the like to Gigabyte and probably close to MSI and ASUS.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1451 posts
3631 upvotes
Not worth at all. MIR is a real pain in the ass. Took me 6 months to get my $40 dollars back with over 20 calls to their MIR department checking on the status of it. GG. I would purchase the MSI Z370-A PRO motherboard from Mikes @ https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/8665162 for $139.99 with $10 MIR for $129.99 also can be PMed for less. If you live in RIchmond BC, there is a MSI RMA depot. Very convenient whereas with Asrock RMA u will need to ship it to the states. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH!
Nov 8, 2013
75 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
marcanthonynoz wrote: I know I can get way better boards, but can in OC a 8700k with this safely?
Soner the cheapest 370 MoBos are intended for a good overcloking expirience of 4-cores CPU. It's better to have a look at something more expensive for 8700k in a long term usage.
Freebush wrote: I would purchase the MSI Z370-A PRO motherboard from Mikes @ https://www.mikescomputershop.com/product/8665162 for $139.99 with $10 MIR for $129.99 also can be PMed for less. If you live in RIchmond BC, there is a MSI RMA depot. Very convenient whereas with Asrock RMA u will need to ship it to the states. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH!
MSI Z370-A PRO has a Realtek NIC. That tricky company saves money even on small things. I don't think it's appropriate for the Pro series.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1451 posts
3631 upvotes
AnDru746 wrote: Soner the cheapest 370 MoBos are intended for a good overcloking expirience of 4-cores CPU. It's better to have a look at something more expensive for 8700k in a long term usage.

MSI Z370-A PRO has a Realtek NIC. That tricky company saves money even on small things. I don't think it's appropriate for the Pro series.
LUL I helped a friend purchase the motherboard no issues at all. So, you are willing to go through the hassle of having to call Asrock multiple times for the rebate? LUL Does that even make any sense?
Jun 17, 2015
139 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What do you think of MSI Z370m Mortar? I can get it for $160 but I like the mATX form factor better.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
gn22 wrote: They absolutely do not.
AsRock boards are pretty good, but their MIR is the absolute worst, in fact, it should be considered fraud, if you ask me, and their "customer service" is terrible. They go out of their way to put all available roadblocks in the end users way. No easy online RMA, no RMA by serial number, many boards have only 1 year warranty, and "original receipt' submitted by "original owner" are requirements.

Yes, good boards, pretty much no across the board to all other aspects of Asrock. Just my opinion from my years building systems. Asrock is the *only* company I've never successfully had an RMA from. And they've only paid out about 3 in 12 or so MIR's I've had with them.
I had an H87 based motherboard from them that when I installed the drivers for an RX580, the system would black screen and then fail to ever boot until reverted. Returned the video card thinking it was defective and basic low end cards installed fine. Same thing with replacement, which was a different model. Tested the video card in another machine, no crashing/black screens. So I concluded it was bad MOBO. I agree that their website is garbage for Canadians who need support/service and had to email a couple of addresses and CC Newegg before getting a response from ASrock. But when I did, I was in contact with an actual engineer in the US, who tried a few things back and forth before RMAing it. He then tested it with a high end nVidia card without issue. I don't recall if he tested an AMD high end or not, but he agreed to REPLACE it instead of returning it. Due to all the time that passed, I ended up getting a new mobo with decent onboard graphics and I sold the video card (which works with 5 monitors for my buddy without issue) and just use this mobo for secondary testing for work.

So I'm kind of on the fence on ASRock. Over time, you eventually run into issues with everyone, Gigabyte, Asus, etc and recently Samsung, so it's all luck, IMO. For me, it comes down to which mobo lets you trip the bios on boot and which have good boot selection prompting, lately more and more are a f'n PITA to get into the bios. The recent feature of using the reset button to boot to bios is a godsend for me.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
9468 posts
2408 upvotes
London
I bought this motherboard during BF sale at Newegg with $35 rebate. According to website, my rebate was processed on 31 December 2017 and Cheque send out date will be January 31 (this was the information posted early January). $35 cheque arrived on Feb 5.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)