Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

ASUS i7 4790 Refurbished Desktops Restock

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2016 10:24 am
Banned
Mar 4, 2011
14 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently the 760 3gb is slower than the regular gtx 760. Anyone know if I can overclock this oem version to a regular 760?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
Hey everyone.

Currently I have the following that I'd keep but have been wanting to upgrade my computer for a while:

500GB SSD
Soundblaster X-FI sound card
800W power supply
Keyboard
Mouse

I have a first gen i7 chip with two 640GB RAID configuration. I also have an NVIDIA gtx 640.

I'm curious if it makes sense to get this, put the new computer's parts into my case or add my soundcard, power supply and SSD into the new computer's case? I doubt I could do an SLI option with the gtx 760 and my gtx 640? The motherboard probably would be too small?

I'm still thinking it makes sense to jump on this as I need most of the parts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
xaueious wrote: The one with 16GB RAM and GTX 760 3GB is the best deal, card should be worth $150-200 easy and should have a 500W PSU. OEM GTX760 might have gimped memory bus. Add your own GPU easily. $850 all in for that one
What? How? GTX 760 is an outdated card (compared to newer Nvidia offerings) and is only about even with a GTX 950, which is in that price range. What this means is a 760 can't be worth that much being an older model.
xaueious wrote: Cheapest PCPartPicker with a new GTX760 ~$900 before tax: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fR3q6h
Again, who would buy a [new] GTX 760 in this day and age? The price there is laughable--$270 for a card that performs the same as a card that costs $100 less. That's also one of the strangest builds... If we forego the weird addition of the overpriced obsolete GPU, we have a CPU that is worth more than everything else combined :lol: While I get that you're trying to make it even with an OEM system, most people that build an i7 system would not be using those components around it.
Apr 27, 2003
128 posts
8 upvotes
ES_Revenge, what would you then recommend in the same price range?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Milamber wrote: ES_Revenge, what would you then recommend in the same price range?
Don't get me wrong, these are decent prices for what you're getting but I was just saying a GTX 760 isn't worth as much as OP made it out to be. It's still not a bad deal considering the better one at $650* is 8GB/2TB/iGPU and for only $100 more you get a 16GB/3TB/GTX 760. The one with the GTX 760 also comes with wireless ac (even if you don't need it, it's a bonus). For $750, it's still the best deal of the lot.

*I don't understand why there are two at $650 and one has 8GB/1TB/iGPU and the other is 8GB/2TB/iGPU--obviously the 2TB is the better one (unless there's something I'm missing?).
Dec 23, 2015
374 posts
266 upvotes
Kingston, ON
YMMV with these ASUS referbs, I've seen at least 4 of these get messed up due to a bad bios/shitty power supply and resulting in a dead MB.

Most likely why they're so cheap.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Don't get me wrong, these are decent prices for what you're getting but I was just saying a GTX 760 isn't worth as much as OP made it out to be. It's still not a bad deal considering the better one at $650* is 8GB/2TB/iGPU and for only $100 more you get a 16GB/3TB/GTX 760. The one with the GTX 760 also comes with wireless ac (even if you don't need it, it's a bonus). For $750, it's still the best deal of the lot.

*I don't understand why there are two at $650 and one has 8GB/1TB/iGPU and the other is 8GB/2TB/iGPU--obviously the 2TB is the better one (unless there's something I'm missing?).
there is also a 12gb / 1-2tb / iGPU for 599 or 549 on newegg ebay.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
cfanalyst wrote: there is also a 12gb / 1-2tb / iGPU for 599 or 549 on newegg ebay.
In that case I'd say buy the $550 one, replace the PSU with a better one (~$100) and then add your own GPU (GTX 950 or 960, or "wait for Polaris" of course) and SSD. In the end you'll spend a bit more than the $750 machine but you'll get one that has a faster and newer GPU, and has a more reliable PSU. If not gaming, just go with the PSU and SSD additions and you're set.

There's not really much way to get a Haswell i7 system any cheaper I don't think. Given the CPU is worth $400 alone, $150 more for the chassis, mobo, ram, HDD, and OS, is not much at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: In that case I'd say buy the $550 one, replace the PSU with a better one (~$100) and then add your own GPU (GTX 950 or 960, or "wait for Polaris" of course) and SSD. In the end you'll spend a bit more than the $750 machine but you'll get one that has a faster and newer GPU, and has a more reliable PSU. If not gaming, just go with the PSU and SSD additions and you're set.

There's not really much way to get a Haswell i7 system any cheaper I don't think. Given the CPU is worth $400 alone, $150 more for the chassis, mobo, ram, HDD, and OS, is not much at all.
yeah its a good deal for sure. if you want to be all in tax included under 1k with a 970 or something thats probably the only way possible with an i7.

its debatable if an i5 unlocked would be better for gaming builds though, depends on games right.

im about $1100 after tax for my system in signature so far. im trying to stay under $1500 with GPU.
Mar 11, 2004
811 posts
619 upvotes
Quebec City
The 749,99$ one is OOS now.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
zachamo wrote: All 100% true, just a matter of what you're looking for. I wouldn't buy this then upgrade it further, just use it at it is. If you're looking for more and have the budget, your course is the better option for sure!
i disagree, with the way nvidia card goes, maxwell and the new 1080 chip, also amd's new card, this gen is all about power efficiency, so you can upgrade to a newer gpu that fits without swap the psu.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
You had to send it back twice because they didn't fix it, and you call that good service? What's bad service? Do they cover shipping costs at least?
TimDrake wrote: I'm in the same boat. Nothing but good things to say about Asus support. I sent in an item twice to them because it wasn't fixed properly and they accepted it again no questions asked to rectify the problem..
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
1387 posts
1254 upvotes
Mississauga
That's ebay.COM... Thanks for getting my hopes up!
cfanalyst wrote: there is also a 12gb / 1-2tb / iGPU for 599 or 549 on newegg ebay.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1828 posts
574 upvotes
FFWD wrote: That's ebay.COM... Thanks for getting my hopes up!
no, it was 549 yesterday, rfd has a thread about it, its now 649 today.
Feb 2, 2016
343 posts
212 upvotes
Bought the last one with the Nvidia graph card. I have very bad luck, I got the pc on Thusday, when I open the holder of keyboard is broken, I told to newegg cs their give me 2 offers, replace or $25 gift card, I was thinking just the keyboard and too lazy to replace it so i choose $25 gift card. the next day I installed Darksouse 3, The screen blurred and pc was hank, SuXK!!!!! and I tried couple times, it all happens, I started to think it must be a graph card problem (the driver is new). so I run some graph test and show the temperature goes so high when graphing, and it can be conclude that i received a broken graph card, FXXK!!!!!! I just contact them again to replace everything.
Jan 31, 2008
186 posts
137 upvotes
Hey guys. So I finally received my Desktop in the mail and already running into some issues. :(

It looks like the WIFI chip in this desktop has a very small range. I have a Bell router and from my room all my devices (Mac laptop, iphones, other pcs) all work amazing with GREAT internet connection and I can do speedtests and get clost to 70MBit. But with this computer I am struggling to even get a connection. I dont know if this means that I need to do a driver update, or if this chip is broken but its really frustrating as a Mac owner for years to switch to this.

Hoping that I can get this resolved. What good is a computer without internet these days.
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lunatic2008 wrote: Hey guys. So I finally received my Desktop in the mail and already running into some issues. :(

It looks like the WIFI chip in this desktop has a very small range. I have a Bell router and from my room all my devices (Mac laptop, iphones, other pcs) all work amazing with GREAT internet connection and I can do speedtests and get clost to 70MBit. But with this computer I am struggling to even get a connection. I dont know if this means that I need to do a driver update, or if this chip is broken but its really frustrating as a Mac owner for years to switch to this.

Hoping that I can get this resolved. What good is a computer without internet these days.
I've often had trouble with these wifi ac chip that that are in these models. Sometimes the latest driver will cause issues. I've had to install wifi drivers for a whole other computer on one of my laptop to get it to work and it work amazingly now. Try that lookup the card and try a bunch of drivers.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1837 posts
2038 upvotes
jojothejoker wrote: I've often had trouble with these wifi ac chip that that are in these models. Sometimes the latest driver will cause issues. I've had to install wifi drivers for a whole other computer on one of my laptop to get it to work and it work amazingly now. Try that lookup the card and try a bunch of drivers.

Good luck!
If you're on a gaming desktop, you should be connecting via ethernet.
Wallet safe...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)