Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg.ca

8TB Seagate USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive $214.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2017 10:35 am
Jan 12, 2017
626 posts
239 upvotes

8TB Seagate USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive $214.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$234.99
Savings:
9%
Expiry:
September 17, 2017
Retailer:
Newegg.ca
Seagate Expansion 8TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive STEB8000100 Black

Promo code CEMCRKBB29 brings it to $214.99 appears to be free shipping.
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 12th, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added detail to the title
Thread Summary
Seagate Expansion 8TB USB 3.0 3.5" Desktop External Hard Drive STEB8000100 Black

Item#: N82E16822178951
26 replies
Jun 13, 2017
217 posts
139 upvotes
Thanks OP! I was on the lookout for a wireless expansion hard drive. Would you have any recommendations on that?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2759 posts
1122 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This is not portable. It still needs to be plugged into a wall outlet.
[solicitation removed]
Jan 12, 2017
626 posts
239 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote: This is not portable. It still needs to be plugged into a wall outlet.
Yes; I hate the way marketing throws the word portable around in this way, let's just call it semi-portable. I suspect this is a new low for 8 TB drives, and for that reason the post is noteworthy. @Joseph333999 No experience with wireless storage, suspect that speed would be dependant on bandwidth and that limiation alone would preclude investigation for my interest.
Jun 3, 2008
91 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
Promo code CEMCRKBB29 only give me $5.00 off :-(
Sep 23, 2013
74 posts
118 upvotes
PatK621 wrote: Yes; I hate the way marketing throws the word portable around in this way, let's just call it semi-portable. I suspect this is a new low for 8 TB drives, and for that reason the post is noteworthy. @Joseph333999 No experience with wireless storage, suspect that speed would be dependant on bandwidth and that limiation alone would preclude investigation for my interest.
Nowhere on that page is it stated that the HDD is "portable"? It's an external hard drive. And hard drives, unlike flash storage, require an additional power source. The ones that are able to be powered only by USB often sacrifice performance for that feature.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
jackskj wrote: Promo code CEMCRKBB29 only give me $5.00 off :-(
Discount From Promo Code CEMCRKBB29 -$20.00
Maybe try another browser? And that you're selecting the 8TB drive.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1577 posts
2071 upvotes
Knowhere
whenever comes a seagate cheap drive, reliability would be my biggest concern.

Yes, you save X mount of $ today... yes, you have backups, yes and yes.

at the end of the day, do you want to spend time and efforts resolving this crappy quality hard drive containing your valuable data? for me, no...

I have concerns when I RMA a hard drive that has my private backups. my tax return, family photos? what if the hard drive is only half broken, and certain data can be recovered, etc...

whoever buying seagate, think twice, why so many people against it? if it good like Honda and Toyota, would there be so many people against it?
Jun 3, 2008
91 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
" try another browser" worked :-)

Timbo420 wrote: Maybe try another browser? And that you're selecting the 8TB drive.
Jul 26, 2017
233 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I'm too scared to buy a external hdd ,, i would probably drop it :(
Jul 7, 2011
249 posts
143 upvotes
Montreal
bestbudz wrote: I'm too scared to buy a external hdd ,, i would probably drop it :(
Shuck it then.

I always take the drives out of the external enclosures. Just be sure to test it first becasue it voids warranty.
Jan 12, 2017
626 posts
239 upvotes
Email blast.

@lightmeup These consumer drives are not in the same league as enterprise-class ($599.99 price), and if you get time beyond the warranty, thank your lucky stars. But are good enough to utilize as a back-up and left unpowered on a shelf for months. If you just lost your entire system software or a large NAS collection of movies, and this was the only resort, you would probably look at the storage in a different light.

Think about this as a 'spare tire' or 'insurance' for your set-up, then the price doesn't seem overly exorbitant.
Jan 12, 2017
626 posts
239 upvotes
Steeltier wrote: Nowhere on that page is it stated that the HDD is "portable"? It's an external hard drive. And hard drives, unlike flash storage, require an additional power source. The ones that are able to be powered only by USB often sacrifice performance for that feature.
This is closer to what you're asking for https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0196J ... em_1p_0_ti
Banned
May 15, 2015
82 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If "No returns accepted" then we really need to think twice
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
OP, put the brand in the title. Seagate? Yuck. I like to actually have my data not disappear and the thing not go click,click,click.
In your pants!