Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg.ca

AMD FX-9590 @ Newegg - 149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 9:25 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
raichu1 wrote: Its expensive for a heater.
i heat my place with gpu, not even kidding
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2409 posts
765 upvotes
New Brunswick
divx wrote: i heat my place with gpu, not even kidding
You SLI Titans, nice?
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Flunk wrote: FX-9590 doesn't come with a stock cooler, you wouldn't want anything less than a giant tower cooler or reasonably large closed-loop water cooler on this. You need to dissipate more than twice the heat of a stock i7 processor.
Oh I know, I was referring to the 8350 which is a better more reasonable buy... except i wouldn't recommend any fx chip at this point in time.
Sep 4, 2008
381 posts
273 upvotes
$101.31
Save: $143.68 (59%)
$10.49 Shipping

Just took a look and showing the even cheaper price of $101.31 at time of this post.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2447 posts
701 upvotes
raichu1 wrote: You SLI Titans, nice?
Look where he lives..
It's -40 there for the past few days.
Even San jose sharks were complaining about it on their twitter with no internet because the cabling was too damn cold to work! XD

I doubt he uses 2 titans to heat the home.
He mines so he;s probably using 20 rx390 red devil 13 with 16gb onboard ram! :twisted:
Those give off so much heat you got to watercool em to not burn your house down!Astonished Face
https://versus.com/en/powercolor-devil- ... eon-rx-480
Sep 6, 2012
58 posts
44 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
MODERATORS: PLEASE MARK AS OUT-OF-STOCK OR EXPIRED

For a few hours today (or at least while I checked my order) it was $101 (krwilson already indicated above), but it took some effort to convince Newegg.ca to adjust the price, even though they provide free returns. Still waiting for my chip LOL but now it's even more exciting.

Guys, ALL 8-cores FX were the same chips: Vishera 32 nm, stepping C0. They should be all scalable at least downwards. At the same frequencies as, say FX-8300 (ЕВЗ 95Ц), any of the chips should heat comparably. Below is a link on possible vcore and FSB values for many of those: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... ra,_32_nm)

And again: TDP of 220W DOES NOT mean they dissipate 220W! TDP is a kind of an abstract number, you must know.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2409 posts
765 upvotes
New Brunswick
TheRock2012 wrote: Look where he lives..
It's -40 there for the past few days.
Even San jose sharks were complaining about it on their twitter with no internet because the cabling was too damn cold to work! XD

I doubt he uses 2 titans to heat the home.
He mines so he;s probably using 20 rx390 red devil 13 with 16gb onboard ram! :twisted:
Those give off so much heat you got to watercool em to not burn your house down!Astonished Face
https://versus.com/en/powercolor-devil- ... eon-rx-480
Whats a RX 390?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
maximlee wrote: MODERATORS: PLEASE MARK AS OUT-OF-STOCK OR EXPIRED
Use the 'report' link to let the moderation team know this, they do not read every post.
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
This is only good to upgrade your existing system, but the cheapest Ryzen 3 costs around the same with lower frequency and less cores, and requires new MB and ddr 4. RyZen 5 or i5 DON'T cost $150.
Feb 25, 2011
52 posts
19 upvotes
maximlee wrote: For a few hours today (or at least while I checked my order) it was $101 (krwilson already indicated above), but it took some effort to convince Newegg.ca to adjust the price, even though they provide free returns. Still waiting for my chip LOL but now it's even more exciting.
So are you saying that you price match your order since they lowered their price?
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
ibamin wrote: This is only good to upgrade your existing system, but the cheapest Ryzen 3 costs around the same with lower frequency and less cores, and requires new MB and ddr 4. RyZen 5 or i5 DON'T cost $150.
But even then, why would you bother? The performance boost from another fx chip isnt worth it, especially when you consider that even if you have everything working perfectly its still outdated.
Sep 6, 2012
58 posts
44 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
So are you saying that you price match your order since they lowered their price?
Yes, but with some efforts (they said they made an exception, just lik eI heard it before from many others). It was just fair, wasn't it?
Last edited by maximlee on Jan 15th, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 6, 2012
58 posts
44 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
So, got my chip.

Installed temporarily with an old aluminum heatsink cooler from Athlon, and had to immediately lower frequency to 4.0GHz and disable Turbo. Windows 7 was not very stable right away, so increased Vcore to 1.375V (1 step from default for that freq on my MB), and so far working fine. I do not play (recently), my hardest everyday task for now is a big Excel macro, running for few minutes. The temperature is 30C with no load and 60C under office load (LOL), the consumption is the same as Athlon in idle and 90W more at load.

So what did I get for $120 (after tax and a discount)? Looks like it's FX-8370 (or 8350). Nice toy :) Did I really need it? Why not.