Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Obihai OBi200 ($49.99 + $4.99 S/H)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2015 9:20 pm
Tags:
Aug 20, 2013
57 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] Obihai OBi200 ($49.99 + $4.99 S/H)

Newegg.ca
Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter with Google Voice & SIP
Limited time Shell Shocker® deal
$49.99 + $4.99 shipping and handling. (updated from $2.99)
31 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
I'm using this with VoIP.ms for my small business and can highly recommend it. I wish I'd switched from Vonage as soon as this came out. Thanks OP.
Apr 26, 2005
700 posts
301 upvotes
Richmond
my google voice still has a US number. So I guess this is for out going calls and incoming from US.

But that's pretty good already
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Have one of these, but still haven't got around to setting it up.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
perfect timing, my grandfather wanted to try freephoneline
Jan 12, 2013
18 posts
3 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Almost bought one of these a few days ago for $65. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
MontrealKnight wrote: Newegg.ca
Obihai OBi200 VoIP Telephone Adapter with Google Voice & SIP
Limited time Shell Shocker® deal
$49.99 + $2.99 shipping and handling.
OP update please shipping to 4.99
Dec 7, 2011
150 posts
346 upvotes
SAINTE-MARTHE-SUR-LE…
Hi,

I have one, since a year now (there was a similar deal), works great....nobody notice that I've switch from BELL to voip.ms and google voice, except for my wallet!

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Best thing i ever did for my phone line. Next month my total savings from using this system will equal the cost of the obi200, Freephoneline SIP credentials unlock, and Phone number transfer to freephonline. It's now truely free. Woo!
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
Kevinck wrote: Best thing i ever did for my phone line. Next month my total savings from using this system will equal the cost of the obi200, Freephoneline SIP credentials unlock, and Phone number transfer to freephonline. It's now truely free. Woo!
I was skeptical too and did not do it soon enough, i switched mine about 4-5 years ago. I have been enjoying the savings :)

Just got the box from newegg!
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3377 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, just ordered for my parents. How difficult is it to port my parents' current land line # to this service?

Any idea on how this compares to the OOMA service from Costco?
Dec 22, 2008
105 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
kingrukus wrote: Thanks, just ordered for my parents. How difficult is it to port my parents' current land line # to this service?

Any idea on how this compares to the OOMA service from Costco?
As a suggestion, first set up a VOIP service like Freephoneline (FPL) or voip.ms, etc. (potentially coupled with Google Voice to have free US/ Canada outgoing calls), once they've had it in place for a month or so, and are happy with it, a simple transfer application to the VOIP service provider (plus about $25-30 fee) takes care of the porting. The only downside is you would not know the exact date of the port in advance, they'll email you to tell when it was done.

OOMA will be easier to set up and run - supposedly plug and play, and costs I believe under $10 a month (as a comparison, FPL would be free after paying the setup fees ($60 +$25), voip.ms I believe about $5 a month. With FPL/ voip.ms and others, you may need to tinker with settings - search the previous threads on Obi, there are many good posts on set up and troubleshooting). The difference is the OOMA device is tied to the one provider, while with Obi you can choose from multiple VOIP providers (up to 4 simultaneously with Obi200).
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
Hmm, debating if I actually need this or not. Would be nice to have a home phone eventually, but don't really need it now.
Best price you guys seen in a while?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Chingyul wrote: Hmm, debating if I actually need this or not. Would be nice to have a home phone eventually, but don't really need it now.
Best price you guys seen in a while?
it was 42.99 but with 7.99 shipping.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
Awesome! Ordered. I missed the sale of the 202 a couple months ago, so I'll settle with this.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3302 posts
1042 upvotes
Alberta
Has anyone upgraded from their old PAP2T to this?

I find I get intermittent call quality issues with the PAP2T that have persisted for years. Wondering if a switch would help or be the same.
Jul 15, 2008
985 posts
239 upvotes
Edge
^ Same here, still on the fence if I need to upgrade from my old functional PAP2T. Might wait for the price to drop more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)