Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

top deals of the week

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2015 5:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4233 posts
1220 upvotes

top deals of the week

Deal Link:
Mushkin Enhanced ECO2 MKNSSDEC240GB 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC $99.99

Seagate 2TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive STBX2000401 Black $99.99 excellent for PS4 upgrade.

SYBA SI-PEX40064 PCI-Express 2.0 Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card $29.99
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
482 upvotes
Any first hand experience here with the controller card? I'm not looking for anything fancy (I don't run RAID). The reviews on newegg "feel" split (even though it's 4 eggs)
I have an old computer that I'd like to throw some more hard drives on (ASUS P5W DH DELUXE motherboard), I think I'm only using the first PCIX16 slot for the video card.

...shipping kills the deal though :\
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2011
1049 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Well now that lousy March is over and these stupid rebates/sales that end Mar. 31 are done we should expect to see something new. I'm mainly keeping an eye on video cards dropping before 300 series. But news on release specs seems to take forever to come out...
Aug 30, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
ipxxx wrote: Any first hand experience here with the controller card? I'm not looking for anything fancy (I don't run RAID). The reviews on newegg "feel" split (even though it's 4 eggs)
I have an old computer that I'd like to throw some more hard drives on (ASUS P5W DH DELUXE motherboard), I think I'm only using the first PCIX16 slot for the video card.

I purchased two of these in the last four months. This is close to the regular price of $35; not hot.

The cards work fine, I have each running in an esx box passed through to a virtualized NAS.

Be careful of the packaging though. There is a higher end model that is capable of combining SSDs and HDDs for fusion/hybrid performance and sometimes the documentation for the higher end controller ends up in the box. This card does not do that so don't get your hopes up when you unbox.
May 15, 2011
58 posts
54 upvotes
ipxxx wrote: Any first hand experience here with the controller card? I'm not looking for anything fancy (I don't run RAID). The reviews on newegg "feel" split (even though it's 4 eggs)

I bought the card a while ago for the same reason.
It has a Marvell 88SE9215 chipset
I remember it being a slight step up from the SI chip. (can't remember exactly why..)
I haven't had any issues at all. (Windows server, Z77 board. worked out of the box)

-Shipping: I agree
I skipped buying quite a few things because of their shipping.
Seems to be up across the board, as they want you to purchase the "Premier"
You need to have 15-20 orders in a year to make it worthwhile (in my opinion...)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
482 upvotes
Thanks for the responses - looks like I'll pass for now...hoping for at least a better price or free shipping

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)