Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TV-IP651W PTZ IP Camera $59.99 + Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2014 12:05 pm
Feb 6, 2010
30 posts
37 upvotes
SK

TV-IP651W PTZ IP Camera $59.99 + Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$59.99 for the TRENDnet TV-IP651W camera is a good price for a pretty solid PTZ camera for monitoring stuff. 640X480 resolution is OK for average monitoring. Has some decent features like motion detection and send images as email/ftp. I have 2 of these cameras already, just adding a third. Good apps available for iOS to monitor with. Free shipping so total cost = $66.67
19 replies
Feb 6, 2010
30 posts
37 upvotes
SK
It hosts a local web server from from the camera. So you need configure your home network to allow access via the web.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
I assume this capture image in JPG? How many images per second it can save to storage?
Nov 30, 2006
126 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
mucat wrote: I assume this capture image in JPG? How many images per second it can save to storage?
Supports up to 640 x 480 pixel MJPEG resolution at up to 20 frames per second
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1642 posts
236 upvotes
Quebec
sorry guys, 1/5" CMOS Sensor is ouch, 640 x 480 MAX Resolution = double ouch

If you're trying to compete with analog go have fun.

BTW the blueiris software work A1 with that camera (does the PTZ)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
transisto wrote: sorry guys, 1/5" CMOS Sensor is ouch, 640 x 480 MAX Resolution = double ouch

I think given the low price, the spec is ok.
Feb 6, 2010
30 posts
37 upvotes
SK
I use TRENDnetVIEW v1.6.0 on my iPhone/iPad to monitor the cameras
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
I have the cloud base trendnet cloud and it works great. I use it mainly for home security in the event I am away for extended period of time.

To my understanding, this is not cloud base camera.

Can you stream video over 3G or LTE?? If not, is a deal breaker
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4255 posts
833 upvotes
T.O.
Purchased some escam's from DX for 40$. Really happy with the quality. Not PTZ tho
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Feb 6, 2010
30 posts
37 upvotes
SK
I have streamed using 3G, LTE, and wifi, all without any issues. When using cell network, pan and tilt are a bit delayed but usable.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2002 posts
1465 upvotes
Cheaper (40-50$) Chinese brand PTZ cameras have more decent specs than this one - larger sensor (1/4-1/3"), quite useable IR light at night, two-way audio. I've been running four of such cameras in my home security setup for more than a year, recording all motions to my WIndows desktop using iSpy program (see thread http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-sur ... s-1342875/ ). The brand I have (Wanscam VGA cameras) are very stable and reliable - never need to reboot one.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
Ukabuke wrote: I have streamed using 3G, LTE, and wifi, all without any issues. When using cell network, pan and tilt are a bit delayed but usable.
So what's the different from the cloud version of trendnet ptz camera?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
THINKPADT61 wrote: So what's the different from the cloud version of trendnet ptz camera?
With non-cloud (but internet enabled) ones, you login directly to your camera to view video, but you have to know how to set it up so that you can access it (set up port forwarding on your router, know your IP address, etc.). You can set it up to email photos or upload to a FTP server, but you have to know the passwords, etc. for your email or FTP server. With cloud ones, your camera uploads to Trendnet's website and you login to that website to view, so it's easier to set up, but the websites might occasionally be slow/busy or even go down.

If you know your way around networking, the non-cloud one is fine. If you don't know your router password or what an IP address is, get a cloud-based one.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
I have the cloud version, is working awesome.

I want another one of these ptz camera from trendnet and this one fits the bill. I can attempt setting it up.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
Got this camera setup. Locally is working good but my ISP couldn't open up just one port for port forwarding~~. ISP can open up all the port which is not desirable either...
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
Ok, finally got the camera working!

Is $59.99 a good price for surveillance setup? If I start buying more of these, is it more affordable to go with a Costco video camera setup? I like to here from others
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
i have this camera, i use it to monitor my dog.

it's PERFECT, works very well, the app is always working on my Android aswell, i am using it wirelessly and have no lag.

Only thing to watch is the data cosumption when viewing on your cellular network.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Mar 26, 2012
332 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
transisto wrote: sorry guys, 1/5" CMOS Sensor is ouch, 640 x 480 MAX Resolution = double ouch

if depends on the use, if you go for a high resolution that is unnecessary you are just slowing down your network needlessly. I would grab this if was day/night but it's just day/low light
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
The Trendnet cameras are pretty good, and this is a reasonable price for the spec. Obviously you're not going to get awesome detail at 640 x 480, but it's a compromise with cost and network bandwidth. Think about what you're going to use it for.

It's easy enough to connect to the camera remotely as long as you know a little bit about how to set up your network and use dynamic DNS. But you can also have it upload regular snapshots to your email or a remote FTP server.

One ones with night vision use infrared LEDs for illumination. The IR illumination is monochrome, doesn't go very far, and doesn't light the scene evenly (foreground glare, background shadows), so it's only useful in a narrow context.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)