Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg Canada

[WARM] ZTE Axon 7 $449.99 (Nov. 20 - Nov. 25)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2017 10:03 pm
May 6, 2017
159 posts
148 upvotes

[WARM] ZTE Axon 7 $449.99 (Nov. 20 - Nov. 25)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
13%
Expiry:
November 25, 2017
Retailer:
Newegg Canada
Lukewarm deal - phone is currently $449.99 from Newegg. The Axon 7 is still a fantastic phone even for being 2 years old - for the price, the phone is amazing.

Being an Axon 7 owner myself (I bought it when it was $499.99), I'm a huge fanboy and think that for $449.99, there's no phone that can compare.
52 replies
Oct 5, 2008
755 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
This or LG V20?

Going by GSM arena, they're virtually identical: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=8238

From personal experience (bought the Axon 7 last year), ZTE's warranty coverage was pretty hassle free (and 2 years). LG is typically 1 year; and from what I've read they aren't very easy to deal with.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
Nice deal for nice phone

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2837 posts
1912 upvotes
YVR
Would buy again. Current Axon 7 user and this phone is a beast for the price. Updates to the software have been stellar from ZTE. Phone is on Android 7.1.1 already, and from my experience i'm getting updates faster than my peers on samsung and LG flagships.

2 year warranty from manufacturer (it also includes user damage I believe), is almost unheard of these days and included.
May 15, 2007
713 posts
652 upvotes
At this price, you can buy a Nubia Z17 on joybuy.com
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Available on theGEARsitethatBESTnotbenamed for less than $300. Might be hit with duties, but still better off than this unless you can't wait.

Coupon code: ZTEAXON7
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Fatty55 wrote: This or LG V20?

Going by GSM arena, they're virtually identical: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i ... hone2=8238

From personal experience (bought the Axon 7 last year), ZTE's warranty coverage was pretty hassle free (and 2 years). LG is typically 1 year; and from what I've read they aren't very easy to deal with.
As someone that has had both, I'd go with the V20.

But it comes down to what you value more.

The AMOLED screen and stereo speakers on the Axon 7 are really nice.

The vastly superior camera on the V20 is really nice
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
LG just scares me though I miss the removable battery pack.

I bought the Axon 7 last Black Friday. Still going strong. There have been several firmware updates - more than I recall with my Rogers Samsung GS3. Very slippery - needs a case.

Love the audio coming out of it's high end DAC. Ended up getting RFD'd for some Hifiman HE400i headphones and bought a Schiit amp to drive them.

Camera is admittedly not up to the standard of the flagship phones but it is good enough for Costco, food, and car accident photos or videos of my kids rampaging. I carry a 1" sensor compact or a DSLR when I go places I anticipate photo ops.

Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
rugerty100 wrote: Available on theGEARsitethatBESTnotbenamed for less than $300. Might be hit with duties, but still better off than this unless you can't wait.

Coupon code: ZTEAXON7
That is the A2017G model that doesn't have North American LTE and also getting the firmware update will also net you a bunch of Chinese stuff that is useless here.

My Axon 7 is running Dark Rom (LOS 14.1) and I have no issues with speakers or the "call bug", installing Viper4Android makes the amp even better.

The LG V20 bootloader is not easily unlockable
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
bought in Aug 2016 @$509 (I think) with a bundled monster headphones included. no regrets at all as its great phone then & still is a very good phone today. latest update is Nougat 7.1.1 about a coupla months ago. that said, its about 1.5yrs old now & im not sure I'd still pay $450 but I'll def pay $350 or so but thats just me.
Dec 3, 2010
701 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't know that electronics appreciates in value. Bought last year around same time for 427+tax, with a bundled monster headphones included that I unloaded for 100 bucks. Comes out to about 380 tax in. Solid phone, but sad deal.
May 6, 2017
159 posts
148 upvotes
muffin_man wrote: Didn't know that electronics appreciates in value. Bought last year around same time for 427+tax, with a bundled monster headphones included that I unloaded for 100 bucks. Comes out to about 380 tax in. Solid phone, but sad deal.
It's because the supply is low but the demand is constant :| I knew of the $427 deal before, but I also know of the weird pricing this phone has, so I labelled the thread as [WARM].

Meh.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pkphilip wrote: That is the A2017G model that doesn't have North American LTE and also getting the firmware update will also net you a bunch of Chinese stuff that is useless here.
The A2017G is the global model, not Chinese model. It does support standard North American LTE. What it lacks is 700 MHz support for Canada.

http://www.ztedevice.com/product/smart-phone/AXON-7
FDD-LTE: Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/19/20/28AB
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
RFDblin wrote: It's because the supply is low but the demand is constant :| I knew of the $427 deal before, but I also know of the weird pricing this phone has, so I labelled the thread as [WARM].

Meh.
Dual SIM and SD slot, headphone jack, great AMP, 7.1.1, Daydream support, AMOLED, USB-C... There aren't a lot out there that has this spec, even the Axon 7 replacement is not even announced at all.
board123 wrote: The A2017G is the global model, not Chinese model. It does support standard North American LTE. What it lacks is 700 MHz support for Canada.

http://www.ztedevice.com/product/smart-phone/AXON-7
You are correct, they are selling the G version and not the China one anymore.
Feb 4, 2010
186 posts
99 upvotes
Edmonton
"My Axon 7 is running Dark Rom (LOS 14.1)"
Do you use it with DayDream? Would you recommend it if my primary use is DayDream?

I won't use it as my primary phone without XPosed etc.. but don't mind dedicating it to daydream'ing for now at least.
May 31, 2017
321 posts
300 upvotes
Legendary phone, love it. It's not perfect but I think considering the price has barely dropped at all on newegg shows it's selling well, still.
I went back to the stock ROM because of the drop in battery life on LOS ROMs but the audio with the ARISE sound system mode blows other phone I've listened to out of the water.

Maybe the LG V30 is a worthy upgrade but man.. LG support was an absolute nightmare to deal with.. they give zero ****s about after care
Oct 4, 2017
324 posts
132 upvotes
TeriyakiJack wrote: Updates to the software have been stellar from ZTE. Phone is on Android 7.1.1 already, and from my experience i'm getting updates faster than my peers on samsung and LG flagships.
Are you sure about that? It's November and I've yet to see them release fixes for Bluebourne and Krack Attack. Both of which are serious vulnerabilities.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
TravelJ wrote: "My Axon 7 is running Dark Rom (LOS 14.1)"
Do you use it with DayDream? Would you recommend it if my primary use is DayDream?

I won't use it as my primary phone without XPosed etc.. but don't mind dedicating it to daydream'ing for now at least.
Once you have LOS on it, Xposed is completely optional. Given Magisk is the go to for ROOT andy bypass Safetynet, it has a lot of modules that you might not need Xposed.

I have my Daydream View and it seems to does it job, just the placement of the power button will make you to be creative on securing the phone. I use the Spigen case and the strap doesn't seem to do anything to the power button on mine.

Sound is great with Viper/ARISE, the speaker is so loud even at the lowest volume.
198886 wrote: This or OnePlus 5t?
We are talking about $400 to $700. The OP5T wins hands down, less the warranty service aspect.
CorporalJenky wrote: Are you sure about that? It's November and I've yet to see them release fixes for Bluebourne and Krack Attack. Both of which are serious vulnerabilities.
B32 is still the latest, which the security updates is up to Aug. I think "stellar" means better than Samsung/LG.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
So surprise at the price of this phone, got this last year for $479.99+tax with free monster headphone and powerbank. It barely dropped in price.
Signature removed due to rule violation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)