Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg.com] 17.3" Acer Laptop Aspire E5-774G-52W1 $777.98 All in

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2016 9:44 am
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 28, 2014
56 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON

17.3" Acer Laptop Aspire E5-774G-52W1 $777.98 All in

Deal Link:
Price:
777.98 cad
Retailer:
Newegg.com
this laptop on newegg.Com, will be going to US, it has no tax and will be under the $800 cdn tax exempt ar border. it's 581.99 USD = $777.98 CAD approx all in.
looking for whether this is better than bf deals that don't require me waiting outside a store for hours on end.

17.3"
Intel Core i5 7200U (2.50 GHz)
8 GB DDR4 Memory 256 GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
1920 x 1080
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Link: http://tinyurl.com/qzqmxal
not sure how to post the link without RFD changing it.
Last edited by pewpewpew on Nov 8th, 2016 8:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
10 replies
Member
May 29, 2016
498 posts
284 upvotes
This deal is highly ymmv because 95% of us are not going to the u.s. during the timeframe of this deal. But I think best buy canada has a similar deal currently for 700 bucks. But it's not exactly the same because it has a worse screen, and at least 1080p is important for a 17 inch laptop I guess.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 28, 2014
56 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
the best buy deal also is 1tb hdd instead of 256 ssd, and the $700 best buy still has 13% hst to be applied. so the US deal is $15 cheaper and has 1080p and ssd.
Last edited by pewpewpew on Nov 8th, 2016 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 28, 2014
56 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LarissaC wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:18 am
This deal is highly ymmv because 95% of us are not going to the u.s. during the timeframe of this deal. But I think best buy canada has a similar deal currently for 700 bucks. But it's not exactly the same because it has a worse screen, and at least 1080p is important for a 17 inch laptop I guess.
the best buy deal also is 1tb hdd instead of 256 ssd, and the $700 best buy still has 13% hst to be applied. so the US deal is $15 cheaper and has 1080p and ssd.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5352 posts
2366 upvotes
Winnipeg
pewpewpew wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:52 am
LarissaC wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:18 am
This deal is highly ymmv because 95% of us are not going to the u.s. during the timeframe of this deal. But I think best buy canada has a similar deal currently for 700 bucks. But it's not exactly the same because it has a worse screen, and at least 1080p is important for a 17 inch laptop I guess.
the best buy deal also is 1tb hdd instead of 256 ssd, and the $700 best buy still has 13% hst to be applied. so the US deal is $15 cheaper and has 1080p and ssd.
you still have to pay HST when declaring unless you stay in the US long enough
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 28, 2014
56 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:54 am
pewpewpew wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:52 am
LarissaC wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 7:18 am
This deal is highly ymmv because 95% of us are not going to the u.s. during the timeframe of this deal. But I think best buy canada has a similar deal currently for 700 bucks. But it's not exactly the same because it has a worse screen, and at least 1080p is important for a 17 inch laptop I guess.
the best buy deal also is 1tb hdd instead of 256 ssd, and the $700 best buy still has 13% hst to be applied. so the US deal is $15 cheaper and has 1080p and ssd.
you still have to pay HST when declaring unless you stay in the US long enough
as stated in original post, will be under exempt limit of $800 since I am staying >48 hrs
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel
You link doesn't work when I click on it.
Does it automatically try and go the Canadian site for .com links?
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 28, 2014
56 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
YoungandBright wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 8:42 am
You link doesn't work when I click on it.
Does it automatically try and go the Canadian site for .com links?
here is a link through tinyurl, not sure how to post the link without RFD changing it.
http://tinyurl.com/qzqmxal
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel
pewpewpew wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 8:48 am
YoungandBright wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 8:42 am
You link doesn't work when I click on it.
Does it automatically try and go the Canadian site for .com links?
here is a link through tinyurl, not sure how to post the link without RFD changing it.
http://tinyurl.com/qzqmxal
Ok, working Alright now.
Thank you!
Was looking for a laptop like this for this price even if have to drive to the states to get it, it will be worth the trip just for Black Friday alone.Winking Face

Top