Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Newegg.com, American Deal: Onkyo TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Atrium5 $494

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2010 4:32 pm
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada

[Newegg] Newegg.com, American Deal: Onkyo TX-SR608 with Polk Audio Atrium5 $494

ONKYO TX-SR604 608 and Polk Audio Atrium5 Compact Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Black Pair for $494us

If you live near the boarder this seems like a decent deal. The receiver itself goes for $700+ Canadian at BB http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/onk ... b664c6en02

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDeal ... 7&SID=194r

1. Onkyo TX-SR608: $494.00
2. Polk Audio Atrium5 B: $299.00
Combo Discount: -$299.00
Combo Price: $494.00

Can anyone comment on the Polk Audio Speakers??? Since i was planning on purchasing this receiver and outdoor speakers, this seems like a great deal for me.

Free Polk Audio speakers w/ below combo, ends 5/31(limit 5 per customer)
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1745 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn... It feels like I have purchased my 606 just recently and now we have 608?! Time flies...

What the main difference between them anyway? I guess 608 is needed if you own a 3D-TV ready devices? I only have the PS3 hooked up to my projector so there is no need to upgrade yet right?
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
don_lee103 wrote: Damn... It feels like I have purchased my 606 just recently and now we have 608?! Time flies...

What the main difference between them anyway? I guess 608 is needed if you own a 3D-TV ready devices? I only have the PS3 hooked up to my projector so there is no need to upgrade yet right?
i believe that is correct. it's 3d tv ready. also read that it runs alot cooler, does your 606 run pretty hot? im sure there are other differences... but for me, id rather get the current model.

also should note from website

Free Polk Audio speakers w/ below combo, ends 5/31(limit 5 per customer)
Sep 26, 2008
820 posts
691 upvotes
I've never heard of Polk Audio speakers before. They seem alright, nothing spectacular. But that's obvious considering the price you're paying for it.
Mar 30, 2008
188 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks ALOT!!

I was searching for a 7.2 surround receiver and a set of outdoor speakers! :D

Done deal!
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
genexxa wrote: Thanks ALOT!!

I was searching for a 7.2 surround receiver and a set of outdoor speakers! :D

Done deal!
NP!!! I have yet to pull the trigger on this. Today is the last day for the free outdoor speakers.
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
lol, crap. finally decided to get it, since it was in my cart at newegg i got this message

[QUOTE]Polk Audio Atrium5 B has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this.[/QUOTE]

Oh well guess it wasn't meant to be... :o
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1176 posts
480 upvotes
akyyyy wrote: NP!!! I have yet to pull the trigger on this. Today is the last day for the free outdoor speakers.
I think you should have pulled the trigger sooner. The outdoor speakers go for 300 USD alone, but this combo is not available anymore as the speakers are sold out.
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
Dante19 wrote: I think you should have pulled the trigger sooner. The outdoor speakers go for 300 USD alone, but this combo is not available anymore as the speakers are sold out.
ya i know oh well. im sure there'll be other deals to be had. I just got the 46" LCD from visions, im happy.
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
anyone know an online retailer (usa) that's cheaper than 464$ ??? im looking to buy this, wondering if it could be had cheaper.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1176 posts
480 upvotes
akyyyy wrote: anyone know an online retailer (usa) that's cheaper than 464$ ??? im looking to buy this, wondering if it could be had cheaper.
Got mine from abt.com for 389. The price may still be offered, just call and ask them. If not Amazon has it for 463.
Oct 31, 2007
567 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
Dante19 wrote: Got mine from abt.com for 389. The price may still be offered, just call and ask them. If not Amazon has it for 463.
thx just ordered from abt for 389...

to order from usa mail to a mailbox and bring across border. call your credit card company and add the 2ndary address.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
akyyyy wrote: thx just ordered from abt for 389...

to order from usa mail to a mailbox and bring across border. call your credit card company and add the 2ndary address.
Let us know what they charge at the border.. I believe they should only charge GST and PST ? I am thinking of upgrading my Receiver in the next 6 months or so...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
About 5 years ago, Futureshop was selling these black Atrium speakers for $99 for the pair; the same ones in white were $300. I gave mine to a friends, and he's very happy with them. Crutchfield gave them an excellent review.
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit