Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
newegg.com

[US deal] NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Stand

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 2:50 pm
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA

[US deal] NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Stand

Deal Link:
Price:
$4.99 US
Retailer:
newegg.com
If you've purchased a NVIDIA SHIELD recently and want to put it vertically this topic might be right for you.
Was looking for a stand and found that it is quite expensive.
$34.97 & amazon.ca and even more expensive at other retailers.
Eventually, found that newegg.com is clearing it out for $4.99 with a free US shipping.
The stand is well reviewed everywhere function wise, so I believe it's a good investment if you can pick it up across the border.
16 replies
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
Midav wrote: If you've purchased a NVIDIA SHIELD recently and want to put it vertically this topic might be right for you.
Was looking for a stand and found that it is quite expensive.
$34.97 & amazon.ca and even more expensive at other retailers.
Eventually, found that newegg.com is clearing it out for $4.99 with a free US shipping.
The stand is well reviewed everywhere function wise, so I believe it's a good investment if you can pick it up across the border.

Apparently new Shield is coming soonish, might mean Canadian retailers will have price cuts for accessories
May 24, 2018
102 posts
102 upvotes
How do you get it to deliver to canada? No option!
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
Wondering what people are downvoting this thread for.
The discount is around 70-80%, but US only.
Just for not being able to get it shipped to Canada?
It's clearly posted as [US deal] in the title.

Frankly, this kills all the motivation to post any deals here.
Sep 12, 2013
37 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Will this fit a regular nvidia shield too?
Dec 12, 2006
157 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks Op, this is a good find! Buddy and I wanted to buy it when we got our shields, but was discouraged from the high price for a chunk of plastic! Ordered 2!
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
Midav wrote: Wondering what people are downvoting this thread for.

Fair statement. However to be fair to those downvotes though, one of the reason is "unable to get the deal". It's not rated solely on price. (I upvoted)

Don't get discouraged!
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON

The problem is it also interferes with deal discovery for others, I don't even have a shield and it's pretty obvious this deal is good, no genuine reason to downvote
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
zup2sky2 wrote: Will this fit a regular nvidia shield too?
Don't think so, the newer shield is smaller in size.
K3lvin wrote: Thanks Op, this is a good find! Buddy and I wanted to buy it when we got our shields, but was discouraged from the high price for a chunk of plastic! Ordered 2!
It's metal, not plastic.
[external link removed]
Jul 16, 2018
10 posts
5 upvotes
I use my portable hdd stand on the shield and seem to work well.
Mar 6, 2006
832 posts
725 upvotes
GTA
cy wrote: Fair statement. However to be fair to those downvotes though, one of the reason is "unable to get the deal". It's not rated solely on price. (I upvoted)

Don't get discouraged!
Using the same logic people should downvote all deals not available to them locally or online, like Costco West or GTA only. Many times you can see deals available in a single store only.
Another example is a deal for Costco members or teachers.
I don't think the intention of the "unable to get the deal" option relates to this case.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Midav wrote: Using the same logic people should downvote all deals not available to them locally or online, like Costco West or GTA only. Many times you can see deals available in a single store only.
I don't think the intention of the "unable to get the deal" option relates to this case.
Or if an item just happens to be out of stock at the particular store that they went to. "Unable to get the deal" should mean there's an issue with the deal itself (e.g. a deal posted as available to all, but actually only available to people who got the email, or a deal that was based on negotiating) - not "I could not summon the item to me with a single mouse click".
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2717 posts
5379 upvotes
Winterpeg
This is a great deal... if I lived in the United States.

When you downvote, there are 5 options. This IS a great price! It's not a bad product or service. NewEgg is a good company. The 4th option is "Unable to get the deal" which in this case, is true for many Canadians as this is an American deal.

With that being said, I'm not sure why people here are complaining about the downvoting and that RFD members are voting "Unable to get the deal" because it's true. WORD!
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Vocal downvoters seem like difficult people, case in point above. Unsurprisingly, many are also Anti-American.

Regarding this deal, CrossBorderPickups is a thing, and it's reasonably priced if you can batch that shipment with other shipments (i.e. US orders) to the Niagara, NY reshipper location.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7295 posts
71689 upvotes

Don't worry about the downvotes. I post many U.S. deals and lots of times they are better than Canadian deals. "Unable to get the deal", well that can apply to almost every deal if people don't want to get off their asses. A lot of people don't want to work for a deal anymore, just want to order online and have it shipped. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
Midav wrote: Using the same logic people should downvote all deals not available to them locally or online, like Costco West or GTA only. Many times you can see deals available in a single store only.
If you click on the downvote button, there IS an option. Yes, it's related.

I am not saying that it is right or wrong metric to measure a popularity of a deal against it, but it is an option and it's in a rather grey area. A positive person would still upvote it seeing it being a good deal, whereas a selfish person would downvote it just because they couldn't get it. All I was saying is, don't get discouraged over what people think if your intention is to share a legit deal.