Expired Hot Deals

[newegg.com USA only] Spy Tec A119 + GPS Logger 1440p v2 Car Dash Cam $68 USD AC

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2017 4:29 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51405 posts
15992 upvotes

[newegg.com USA only] Spy Tec A119 + GPS Logger 1440p v2 Car Dash Cam $68 USD AC

Deal Link:
Spy Tec A119 V2 + GPS Logger 1440p Car Dash Camera
https://flash.newegg.com/product/9SIA29C4CU2453?

w/ code NEWEGGAUTO9

Spy Tec A119 1440p Car Dash Camera with GPS Logger
  • Perfect for forward-facing surveillance
  • Captures clear video of vehicles on the road (1440p HD)
  • Covert design keeps camera hidden
  • Logs driving locations and speeds
  • Withstands extreme temperatures (capacitor)
  • Stores 7 hours of HD video (with 64GB memory card)
  • Automatically turns on and off
  • Never miss anything important with loop recording
  • Automatically captures impact events (with G-sensor)
  • Never miss anything important (wide angle lens)
  • Change camera settings with LCD screen
  • Easily attach to windshield using adhesive mount

discussion:
https://slickdeals.net/f/10582100-spy-t ... t#comments

A119S does 1080p video at 60 frames per second

A119 does 1440p video at 30 frames per second and 1080p video at 60 frames per second. (Your choice in settings).

V1 vs. V2.. V2 only change is the connection system on the back of the camera and on the GPS mount and upgraded foam pads for vibration control and stickiness. If you don't use the GPS adapter the camera itself is essentially the same in V1 and V2.

IMO. A119 V2 is the best version of this camera out right now.

A119 vs. A119S: The Differences
•The A119S comes with a Sony STARVIS IMX291 sensor. The STARVIS has a maximum resolution of 1080p@60fps, which is less than the A119's 1440p. The A119S' lower resolution helps improve night video quality.
•The A119S has an aperture of f/1.6, as opposed to the A119, which has f/1.8. The lower the number, the better the light sensitivity of the camera. This is another factor contributing to the A119S' superior performance at night.
•The A119S uses a better lens (7G) than its predecessor (6G). However, the lens of the newer A119S can only be adjusted vertically, not horizontally.
•At 135°, the A119S' angle of view is lower than its predecessor's, which captures 160°.
•Depending on where you buy, the A119S presently costs about $10-20 more than the A119.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Sep 22nd, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
Oct 7, 2016
89 posts
91 upvotes
Damn, just paid $129 for it on amazon.ca. If anyone's wondering, this is easily the best dashcam out right now for under $200.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51405 posts
15992 upvotes
HausPoor wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:03 pm
Damn, just paid $129 for it on amazon.ca. If anyone's wondering, this is easily the best dashcam out right now for under $200.
And looking at one review on .com, it seems we just leave it attached it to the top of the windshield so there is no need to take it on or off.

Last edited by alanbrenton on Sep 22nd, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5092 posts
1741 upvotes
Canuckland
How much is shipping it Canada?
Oct 7, 2016
89 posts
91 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:07 pm
And looking at one review on .com, it seems we just leave it attached it to the top of the windshield so there is no need to take it on or off.

Yep - mount it behind your mirror and leave it. It's capacitor fed, so no battery issues unlike other cams. Hardwire kit is like $14 - I mounted mine in about 45 minutes without issue. Just make sure to get a good 'high endurance' microSD card (regardless the dashcam you get) to prevent read/write errors.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
51405 posts
15992 upvotes
HausPoor wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:26 pm
Yep - mount it behind your mirror and leave it. It's capacitor fed, so no battery issues unlike other cams. Hardwire kit is like $14 - I mounted mine in about 45 minutes without issue. Just make sure to get a good 'high endurance' microSD card (regardless the dashcam you get) to prevent read/write errors.
What does this kit do? So not everything comes with the box?

This recommends Transcend or Sandisk High Endurance. Likely anything with the High Endurance will do. :)
https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/rec ... ltra-cards

Edit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0 ... UTF8&psc=1

You don't need it, I'm pretty sure you can plug it into your cig lighter if you want...hardwire kit is just less detectable/more stealth for the install
Jun 12, 2016
541 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 12:31 pm
What does this kit do? So not everything comes with the box?

This recommends Transcend or Sandisk High Endurance. Likely anything with the High Endurance will do. :)
https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/rec ... ltra-cards
Great deal. Bought mine for around $150 with CPL filter but without the hardwire kit from a Canadian online retailer. The hardwire kit allows you to connect directly to the fuse box to turn on and off automatically and also saves the cigarette outlet in your car. It also should be a cleaner install without all the cables dangling. So far so good even without a high endurance memory card, time will tell.
Oct 7, 2016
89 posts
91 upvotes
Yeah I'd recommend getting a hardwire kit. Frees up the cigarette lighter for other accessories, and you won't have tacky cables running across the dash and windscreen. Spend the extra $15 and hour of your time and install it right. Less visible for thieves as well.
Nov 15, 2005
165 posts
93 upvotes
I have A119 and A119s in my cars. IMO you don't need the hardwire kit. In fact, you don't need anything else other than a memory card. They don't support parking mode anyways so there is really no need to hardwire them. I put them behind the rear view mirror mounted as close to the headliner as possible without capping off the capture area and run wires through the headliner, down the a-pillar, behind glove box and into center console. Both of my cars have semi-hidden cigarette lighter so it is not visible. But even if it is not hidden, it's just a normal USB cable, no bulky adaptor or anything.

The only thing you need to consider is routing it properly such that it doesn't interfere with the way the side airbag pops out, usually on the a-pillar.