Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Fractal Design Define R6 Mid Tower Case - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 10:01 am
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes

[Newegg] Fractal Design Define R6 Mid Tower Case - $159.99

Was going to get the Phanteks P600S until I found the Fractal Design Define R6 onsale for $159.99 + free shipping.
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 1st, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
82 replies
Sep 14, 2009
408 posts
144 upvotes
I bought this several months ago for $180. It's an outstanding case - great airflow, lots of room, provides excellent cable management and it looks distinctly modern. Would highly recommend.
Sep 3, 2010
334 posts
402 upvotes
Good price! FYI Canada computer has the same price on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
cerealkiller wrote: Good price! FYI Canada computer has the same price on sale.
Don't think Canada Computers offers free shipping though.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
Not sure if this is a great deal or not, but I absolutely love Fractal Design cases. I've been using the Fractal Design Define R4 for years. The built quality's amazing and the design's great. I just built a smaller rig with Fractal Design Define Nano s, amazing quality as well.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Jun 27, 2011
336 posts
528 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I’ll vouch for Fractal cases. It was one of the component i cared the less for the last time i bought a pc and it’s one of the component i’ve been, surprisingly, most satisfied with.
The quality shows. Everything is functional and build quality is top. Also very silent.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: Not sure if this is a great deal or not, but I absolutely love Fractal Design cases. I've been using the Fractal Design Define R4 for years. The built quality's amazing and the design's great. I just built a smaller rig with Fractal Design Define Nano s, amazing quality as well.
It's been the lowest I've seen so far plus free shipping! Memory Express and Canada Computer charges over $30 for shipping!
Feb 4, 2007
859 posts
887 upvotes
I paid $70 before tax in 2012 for my Fractal Define R4. Why is the R6 around double the cost?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Mysticode wrote: I paid $70 before tax in 2012 for my Fractal Define R4. Why is the R6 around double the cost?
more than double.

No usb 3.1

No usb C.

Looks like the overprice item
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jul 19, 2018
223 posts
317 upvotes
Love my Define R5. Great airflow and I can't hear anything even though it's about 18" away from me on my desk.

The simple, sleek design is really nice and so much better than any gaudy "gaming" oriented case
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
3067 posts
1220 upvotes
I want to fill this with hard drives but no one seems to sell the hard drive trays.....
Jul 22, 2009
464 posts
480 upvotes
Oakville
L4cky wrote: more than double.

No usb 3.1

No usb C.

Looks like the overprice item can only be justified by apple fans who like to overpay for nothing more, since their iphones don't use usb C
Inflation, and probably greater demand for fractal design silent cases. There have been incremental improvements in the design of these cases to make them more silent or more convenient. While the omission of usb 3.1 front ports is disappointing, front usb c ports are rare, few cases have them right now.

No need to bash apple fans so harshly; they most likely have iMacs if they true fans.
Feb 28, 2019
5 posts
So one thing to point out, the newegg deal is the usb-c model, the "most up to date" model that is previously only seen at 216+tax at Vuugo. This is the cheapest I've seen it , in fact I just canceled my order at Canadacomputers for this one.It's the same price and the newer model. CanadaComputer is selling the non usb-c model.
Mar 7, 2017
9 posts
3 upvotes
I got a Cooler Master HAF 932 for my first build because it looked fancy and I was following fads. Literally every small piece of plastic broke apart over the next few years: the wheels, the back-clip for the PCIe cards, front panel, hard drive trays. It was really cumbersome to go in and change anything, and as a 'high-airflow' case, i had immense dust buildup and it was really noisy. With my recent build I did waay more research on cases and ended up with the Fractal design define R6. Not as flashy looking, but the build quality is just so much better (given that, cases have generally improved over the years as well). There's just so much small attention to detail with this case when you're building, the dust filters, placement of certain components, thumbscrews, modular capability (you can switch the side the front panel swings out), you can choose to have open or closed top vent, etc. Just look up any prominent tech youtuber and you'll find glowing reviews, ranging from jayztwocents, gamers nexus, bitwit, hardware canucks, etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
This manufacturer makes absolutely stunning cases. You cannot go wrong!

Edit: I should add: free shipping on a case adds a TON of value. I guess we've largely been spoiled by Amazon in this regard, but shipping a case ain't cheap and, outside of Amazon, it isn't every day they do it for free!
Mar 10, 2015
103 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
i have a define r5 windowed version. perfect case. good build quality.
paid $125 a few years ago.
cant go wrong with fractal. i would love a Fractal Design Meshify S2 now.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
ElDealioSupremo wrote: FD R5 user here. Great case.
R4 user here, it looks almost the same. The R4 is pretty good, only downside is that my R4 have 2 SSD mounting spots on the back of the motherboard plate, which means to mount/unmount I need to remove the board since it covers up the screw holes. It appears the R6 may have solved that issue by moving it to the other side, behind the hdd tray.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
I also have this case. Bought it the day it came out and love it. Very roomy, Fits my dual 360mm rad open loop no problemo.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
I have this one Fractal Design Define Mini C. Paid used for 80$. Best case ever! Very quiet. I wasn't sure if it was worth it just to reduce noise. Now I think even at 150$ it would be worth it just for the noise reduction.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)