• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 4:35 am
[OP]
Dec 17, 2018
5 posts
49 upvotes

[Newegg] Gamdias Achilles E3 RGB Gaming Chair - White Thread

Gamdias Achilles E3 RGB Gaming Chair - White Thread

Sale Ends in 2 Days (Tue)Save: $90.00 (33%)
$129.99 after $50.00 rebate
13 replies
Dec 6, 2013
286 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
That's a fantastic price. Copped. Thanks OP
2018 cops
  1. Beats Solo3 - $125
  2. LG Ultrawide 29" - $200
  3. Xbox One X - $440
  4. BR Slim Rapid Movement Denim Selvedge Jean - $20
  5. iPad 128gb LTE - $479
  6. Club Monaco Luthrr Plaid Coat $160
Jun 22, 2015
291 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Seems like a decent price. I have a DX Race, but I would probably jump on this.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1756 posts
1919 upvotes
Good luck getting that rebate. Shady company and I have the email responses that comes from them. They make you tear the packaging and send it part of a rebate, dance on one leg while playing the flute and feeding a baby bear while his mom is attacking you.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
3484 posts
1053 upvotes
M-Arkham
Their products ain't bad, I got their Zeus (GSM1100) version mouse, and it lasted me almost 4 years now, and the still working great, have never dealt with their mail in rebate before tho, so how much hoops you gotta jump thru, I dunno, I would say 99% of the mail in rebate I had submitted for most products, I've gotten the rebate back, only ones that I didn't get rebate from are the Tigerdirect exclusive, that tigerdirect used to give out, those went to nowhere and good luck trying to find help to get those
2x Zoomer $36 for 3GB and 400min call
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide Pulse
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1076 posts
244 upvotes
Edmonton
I sent my rebate in the last time this was on. Don't recall ever getting it back. FYI the seat cushion in these chairs are not nearly as sturdy as higher priced chairs. I'm not heavy and it squishes right down when I sit in it.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4732 posts
1046 upvotes
RGB cases, RGB RAM, RGB mice, RGB headset, RGB motherboards, RGB keyboard, RGB RGB...

Now a RGB gaming chair... an item that does not even have electricity. What an aberration. Seriously.

The new gaming plague.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2312 posts
480 upvotes
London
Coz4k wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:11 pm
RGB cases, RGB RAM, RGB mice, RGB headset, RGB motherboards, RGB keyboard, RGB RGB...

Now a RGB gaming chair... an item that does not even have electricity. What an aberration. Seriously.

The new gaming plague.
Plague? ! ?

RGB is the shit lol.

Don't forget RGB mousepad, RGB headset stand, RGB Speakers, RGB Video card, RGB cooling fans....

I'd bite on this and throw out my current gaming chair (nothing wrong with it but I'm all in on RGB) but this thing doesn't have enough RGB. 2 measly lights on the back?

Also having it plugged in is a problem for a chair that I roll around back and forth/side to side on.

A truly good RGB gaming chair should

- be comfortable to sit in
- be battery powered w/ efficient lighting so the batteries don't always need to be replaced
- be able to be synced to the rest of your RGB setup and turn on/off or go to sleep/wake up with the rest of your system
- have RGB lighting all over it and not just an un-noticeable part on the back

For these reasons I'll have to pass on this one unfortunately.
Jan 11, 2007
75 posts
37 upvotes
brucedlx wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:36 pm
Also having it plugged in is a problem for a chair that I roll around back and forth/side to side on.
"you can unplug and reconnect the USB cable with a power bank for your convenience"
Feb 11, 2015
60 posts
30 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Just need an RGB desk to match that chair now.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2312 posts
480 upvotes
London
chgamez wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:49 am
"you can unplug and reconnect the USB cable with a power bank for your convenience"
YeA I saw that

And where are you suppose to keep the power bank? On your lap? The ground if the cable is long enough? Balance it on the handle? Tape it to bottom of chair?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2312 posts
480 upvotes
London
singhchanna wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 3:39 am
Just need an RGB desk to match that chair now.
You can mount rgb lighting to your desk and the thought has crossed my mind
Oct 27, 2018
30 posts
36 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:11 pm

The new gaming plague.
Whiny nerds. The ages old gaming (and computing) plague.