Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Google Home for $149.99 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 10:44 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal

[Newegg] Google Home for $149.99 + FS

As a QC resident, I only paid 5% sales taxes which is a decent deal in itself. Other big retailers like BB, Source, Walmart were trying to ding me on the full 15%.

This deal expires tonight so regular price will be 179.99 + taxes.
Last edited by cn_habs on Oct 12th, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Nov 27, 2015
35 posts
14 upvotes
With the newly announced Google home Mini at 50$ USD, why would somebody be inclined to purchase the original google home over the new google home mini? Is it merely a question of better speakers?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
syriangamer wrote: With the newly announced Google home Mini at 50$ USD, why would somebody be inclined to purchase the original google home over the new google home mini? Is it merely a question of better speakers?
Yes, a much better speaker. The mini (apparently) sounds decent, but it's main use is for voice search and smart home control. And the mini is $80 cdn.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
i'm waiting for the echo 2 to come to canada or if i can grab one in the states before i jump the smarts wagon
PSN: Sakaban
Mar 26, 2015
272 posts
787 upvotes
Montreal, QC
syriangamer wrote: Is it merely a question of better speakers?
Yes.

If you're going to use the Google Home as an assistant only, then the Mini should be sufficient. If you're going to also use it to play podcasts, listen to music, audiobooks, etc..., then the original Google Home would be better for a medium sized area. The original is also better for a noisier or high traffic area. With 3-firing speakers, you can hear it over the background noise.

I don't know about the microphone sensitivity of the Mini, but the original has surprisingly very good microphones. It can hear the trigger word, "Hey/Ok Google", with a normal tone of voice while the TV is on or even noise from the kitchen. No need to raise your voice. I've even triggered it from an adjacent room with no line of sight to the Google home.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)