Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

HOT!!! Refurbished: SONY HT-CT60 2.1 Soundbar with Subwoofer - DEAL IS DEAD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2014 9:38 am
Tags:
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
The shipping cost was 9.99$ just 15 minutes ago and now it's 15$ lol.
Dec 12, 2011
553 posts
478 upvotes
NEPEAN
kevin0531 wrote: ignore it because 14.99 shipping.
For me too, it's 14.99. That's amost 30% of the price. Passed.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
bach2266 wrote: For me too, it's 14.99. That's amost 30% of the price. Passed.
if the NewEgg price was $65 with free ship would you have bought it?

($65 is half the price at BestBuy)
Dec 8, 2010
792 posts
1709 upvotes
Toronto
crockpot wrote: The shipping cost was 9.99$ just 15 minutes ago and now it's 15$ lol.
Noticed that also.
So to recap.

$50 Refurb (favorable reivews of new units priced at around $150).
Unfavorable reviews of the refurb units, being DOA (and people having to pay out of their own pockets to return the unit), or dieing shortly after the short 30 day warrenty.
Also, shipping costs are moving around on the fly.

So soundbar = good
dealing with newegg = bad
Nov 11, 2011
332 posts
186 upvotes
Calgary
Sale price at BB/FS for the soundbar was only around $80 this time last year, I noticed that because I was trying to sell mine on Kijiji and got tons of low ball offer.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
rainydays wrote: Noticed that also.
So to recap.

$50 Refurb (favorable reivews of new units priced at around $150).
Unfavorable reviews of the refurb units, being DOA (and people having to pay out of their own pockets to return the unit), or dieing shortly after the short 30 day warrenty.
Also, shipping costs are moving around on the fly.

So soundbar = good
dealing with newegg = bad
As mentioned before, with it being a refurb, there's a good chance the issues with the new ones were fixed in the refurbs.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2975 posts
2622 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: As mentioned before, with it being a refurb, there's a good chance that issues with the new ones were hopefully fixed in the refurbs.
Exactly
Nov 11, 2011
332 posts
186 upvotes
Calgary
kenchau wrote: Ohhhh, like a digital audio coaxial most commonly for subwoofer connections.

But they don't use that for Optical audio do they? Has to be fibre optic i thought.
There is a tiny fixed wire coming out of the sub..... you can't replace it with you own cable.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
gariopara wrote: There is a tiny fixed wire coming out of the sub..... you can't replace it with you own cable.
Based on past experiences with Sony, they tend to use proprietary cables. Not sure if that's the case with this.

*EDIT*
This appears to use a proprietary audio cable which looks like it's attached to the sub, to connect the sub to the soundbar.
Oct 18, 2009
143 posts
94 upvotes
Free shipping would really sell this one for me.... think I'll spare my neighbors and pass on this one, but nice find.
Dec 8, 2010
792 posts
1709 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: As mentioned before, with it being a refurb, there's a good chance the issues with the new ones were fixed in the refurbs.
Agreed, but it should also be stated that you are taking a chance. Be the odds favorable or not.
As a buyer, and at that price, you need to determine just what the chance you are willing to take is that you'll get a perfect unit, a DOA one, or one that may die shortly after the 30 days.
Newegg isn't as easy to return to as some other places. The reviews are not that favorable in that regards.
Dec 18, 2012
196 posts
38 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I ordered this to replace my Samsung HW-E550... then realized my Samsung sound bar is way better than this. I should have read reviews before placing an order...
Aug 27, 2014
54 posts
28 upvotes
Westmount, QC
kenchau wrote: Ohhhh, like a digital audio coaxial most commonly for subwoofer connections.

But they don't use that for Optical audio do they? Has to be fibre optic i thought.
it is fibre optic, aka TOSLINK which most TV's have

Good price, I have a similar samsung unit, It's nothing crazy in terms of sound quality, but definitely a step up from TV speakers
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
The subwoofer is light as a coke can. Speaks for the quality of the magnetic driver. These will be slightly better than TV speakers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)