Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

i7 8th Gen 8700 (3.20 GHz) 16 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 16 GB Optane Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Apr 5, 2016
617 posts
1258 upvotes
BC
For any of you looking for the GTX 1080, Memory Express has them in stock in BC and AB and other places in the $700 and $800 range right now. (MSI and Gigabyte). I'm not saying thats a hot deal but it's $200-$500 cheaper than what all the "so-called" PC builders in this thread are claiming. So essentially a 20% to 45% discount against the posts in this thread depending on who's post you're looking at.
Last edited by ChiliPalmer on Mar 26th, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 22, 2018
609 posts
1166 upvotes
Canada
Brrrr. It feels like winter in here! I'm shivering.
I like things and stuff...
Respect my authoritah!
Jul 8, 2013
4 posts
Toronto
Thanks op for the deal.
the pc comes with a good CPU, Video card, fancy 16gb optane memory but low end motherboard (b250m-bazooka intel 200 series chipset not 300), could be better with a decent ssd instead of the optane and 2tb hdd. just my opinion, it is not much of a discount but it is an ok price in the time of video card crisis
Sep 2, 2010
186 posts
386 upvotes
divx wrote: that 16gb of optane takes a M.2 slot and cost as much as a 256gb ssd, might as well get a ssd for OS drive instead of this weird thing.
I agree. I would have opted for an M.2 SSD but there is a market for Optane (heavens, I never thought that I would find myself defending it). The difference is this:

You/gamer/enthusiast installs game on SSD. Plays game. Loads fast. You keep movies on your HDD.

Other/child/tech-newb installs game on HDD. Slow loads. Opens game time and time again and hates it. "WHY IS SUPER COMPUTER CRAP?!" Uses Bing to try to find out why?! Or... the manufacturer installs Optane drive.

Other/child/tech-newb installs game on HDD. Slow loads. Optane caches game. Loads fast. No thinking. No Bing.

This same person will not care that the processor isn't K because they have no intention of overclocking. They have no intention of upgrading the motherboard because that's hard. They might replace something simple like a graphics card in the future but right now, it's about turning it on and playing games. Optane means that you don't have to think or understand SSD vs. HDD. This build is perfect for someone that wants to play games and nothing else. The price has gone up but it still isn't terrible for the configuration. I'm intrigued by the graphics card prices right now though. It seems like when this thread first came out that the prices were still peaked but now there seem to be some declines.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1853 posts
1079 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: you need 1080ti SLi to have a chance, best to wait for the next gen 2080ti to drive this.
Yea. I do but will be buyingfor the next XX80gtx whatever they call it.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
^that's $5k solution

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)