Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Newegg: LG 42" LED 1080P 120hz 3D HDTV with 2 sets of Gaming Glasses - 480.25 shipped

Poll: In response to Newegg resolution offer, which option are you taking ?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Jan 13th, 2013 2:23 am

[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes

[Newegg] Newegg: LG 42" LED 1080P 120hz 3D HDTV with 2 sets of Gaming Glasses - 480.25 shipped

Looks pretty hot to me
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 9005395CVF

Use promo code LGBW10. Correct discount will be displayed once u enter ur payment information.

42LM5800 x 1 (comes with 4 pairs of Cinema 3D glasses)
AGF310DP x 2 (4 pairs of Dual Play Gaming glasses – one box of AGF310DP has 2 pairs inside)

Actually has 8 glasses, 4 regular and 4 gaming ones

Edit: You can go through airmilesshop.ca to get 10x miles

Moderator edit: here is how things turned out for almost all orders (very few random orders are not cancelled yet but rather left in limbo)
cho it up wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 2:41 pm
- On December 21, late EST, Newegg.ca had a promotion on an LG 42 inch LED 3DTV where there was an instant $200 savings on an already on sale price of 600, lowering the price to 400. Many people ordered this TV I placed my order at 1:41am EST on Dec. 22 (approximately only a few hours after the deal was live).

- I got a confirmation that my order was placed, as well as a confirmation that my credit card was successfully charged and my order was changed to packaging (which meant items were being collected for shipping and I could NOT make any more changes)

- The TV was still labeled as in stock in the morning (9am EST) and only went out of stock a few hours later.

- On December 27, people started to receive e-mails from Newegg.ca stating that the TV was backordered. However, when we examine what actually happened, the order seems to be cancelled and vanished from my order history – essentially like it never existed. Newegg said that customers would be issued a refund in 1-2 business days.

- Newegg CSR’s and management has given multiple, conflicting answers to consumers, basically saying that too many people ordered the TV and their inventory management system could not update in time

o However, this doesn’t make sense given the fact that it seems like almost everyone’s order got cancelled (hundreds, maybe even thousand+) and the fact that it said it was in stock for so long

o They also said it was on a first-come, first-serve basis but right now, based on comments on the Redflagdeals.com thread, people have been getting their 3D glasses order and the TV arriving who ordered after people whose orders were cancelled.

- Newegg management has decided now that a $25 gift card is their final offer to people affected by this, which many, including myself see as completely unacceptable given the facts.

o They charged our credit cards immediately after the order. They had Dec. 24th to figure this out, which they didn’t and it took them 5 days later to even cancel the orders

o Many people thought they had this TV already since it was in packaging (and credit cards charged), and as a result sold their existing TV’s, bought items to complement the TV, and/or elected not to do shopping on Boxing Day for another TV since they got a deal

§ However, this is all now a sunk cost or opportunity cost seeing as we have no TV’s and no proper compensation for this error.

As you can see, this situation is not being handled well at all by Newegg and no clear answer is being given and no proper compensation given the unique situation. Additionally, Newegg has been deleted comments from individuals on their Facebook page – these comments are complaining about the situation and are generally valid customer complaints. While they have every right to delete any comment, doing this is further showing that they are trying to sweep this under the rug and finish this.

As of 2PM EST on December 28th, Newegg is now responding to the Facebook posts saying they are investigating. An RFD member received a phone call and there will be a response within the hour.
wirestyle wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:56 pm
To those checking back in this thread, please email eroseman@torontostar.ca --> Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star who writes about consumer issues (including the staples fiasco). She has cited interest in potentially writing an article. Please help us bring it to her attention.

Register and write a review at http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg_12. Users have already received emails from NewEgg (more crap about them looking into it)

If you're so inclined, voice your displeasure on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NeweggCa, they have been deleting comments left and right but people continue to repost them.

We have to let NewEgg know that we aren't just going to go away, we expect some sort of resolution or at least some acknowledgement from the higher ups on this muckup.

Furthermore, you can file a complaint with the better business bureau if you so choose. Don't let them think we're just going to pretend this didn't happen. We're drawing up interest in this and the more interest we draw the better chance of finding a resolution of some sort.

Edit -> Most importantly, as VanceMendoza above mentioned "Being reasonable and disappointed rather than pure hateful anger works, people."
Moderator edit 2: after initial denial, deleting FB comments and disputing RR reviews, apparently upper management at newegg got involved for the first time (or finally realised they can't just pretend nothing happened), here is what "some" buyers got on Dec 28th at 8:47 pm EST
MeiserT wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 9:36 pm
This it the email received for those that did not get theirs yet

Mardos wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 9:22 pm
Rose: Thank you. That is ok. We are sending the below e-mail to the earliest placed order customers FIRST to provide the available resolutions. We are giving these specific customers until 5pm PST on Dec 31st to respond with their selection. THEN, we will continue to work through the list of affected customers until all customers have been contacted.

This means, only a specific group of customers will receive this email first. If you receive a contact from a customer who says they didn’t receive the email yet, please let them know that we will be contacting them directly via email by next week.
Rose: Thank you for your patience.
Mar: will i be getting one?
Rose: Yes
Jan 2, 2nd batch of emails with the same 3 options as batch 1

Jan 9, 3rd batch of emails with only 2 options
ripper5 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2013 1:05 pm
Just got the options email

We are following up with you regarding the LG 42” LED 3D TV that you previously ordered. We appreciate your patience while we contacted customers in order, based on the date and time that the order was placed to offer a resolution for the inventory issue we experienced. As mentioned in our last email, we understand there may be a fair amount of time that has passed since your initial order was placed, but we hope you understand that we have been diligently working to attempt to fulfill your order or provide you with a reasonable accommodation.

Because the specific TV you originally purchased has been discontinued, the available quantity in the market was scarce. While we were able to offer the originally purchased TV to some customers, based on the date and time of their order, the limited inventory we were able to secure went quickly. While we will be unable to offer you the originally purchased TV, we still would like to extend two offers which we hope you will find suitable. Please review each option and reply to this email no later than 5pm PST on January 10, 2013 with your desired option:

A) Comparable: at a reduced Cost: LG 42” LCD TV – Sale Price $349.99
You may purchase a different model of an LG 42” LCD TV. This product does not have the 3D capability of the original product, but Newegg is offering it only to you at this deeply discounted price to offset the difference.

B) No TV: $100 Newegg Gift Card
In the event you do not wish to purchase the alternative TV described in option A, as a gesture of apology and to express our sincerest gratitude for your understanding, Newegg would like to offer you a $100 Newegg Gift Card that may be used on any order in the future. There is no expiration date.

In the event you choose option A, please provide a contact phone number and the best time of day when we can reach you to create your order. Our Customer Service Representatives are looking forward to resolving this issue for you as soon as possible. Once you have responded with your choice, it will be held for you for 72 hours. Please expect a phone call within two business days from the date you reply to this email.

We would once again like to extend our sincerest apology for the unfortunate events that have led up to situation, and we hope you allow us another opportunity to provide the kind of outstanding service Newegg has become known for.

Sincerely,
Newegg Customer Service

If you have any questions, please use our LiveChat Function or visit our Contact Us Page.
2402 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1728 posts
301 upvotes
Edmonton
From Newegg.ca. I think it's only a one day sale. Reg. price on their site is $1199.99. Save $599.99 to bring it down to $600.
Enter promo code LGBW10 to get another $200 off to take it down to $400.

LG 42" LED 1080P 120hz Cinema3D HDTV / 2 sets of Dual Play Gaming Glasses
includes:
•42LM5800 x 1 (comes with 4 pairs of Cinema 3D glasses)
•AGF310DP x 2 (4 pairs of Dual Play Gaming glasses – one box of AGF310DP has 2 pairs inside)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 240_03.jpg
May 17, 2007
3633 posts
746 upvotes
Burnaby
The merged threads were posted at the exact same minute. I tossed a coin on which one to use as the main :p
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes
My in-laws are looking for a TV but don't need 3D.But 400 for 42 inch 1080p LG LED looks like a no brainer.
In cart but don't know if I should pull the trigger
Jul 22, 2004
827 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
They're adding 39.90$ handling (to Québec).

Also, The 200$ rebate is after taxes, so factor that in.

Still a great deal if you ask me.
Aug 29, 2012
789 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
FLAMING HOT? Most I've ever seen this go on sale for is around $800. Tempted to pull the trigger.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes
Kynax wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:47 am
They're adding 39.90$ handling (to Québec).

Also, The 200$ rebate is after taxes, so factor that in.

Still a great deal if you ask me.
I think they do the rebate before taxes.

redseed wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:49 am
Will Newegg allow me to cancel the order over the weekend if I change my mind? Not sure if I want to bite.
I think u can cancel the order in initial stages. Never done though.
But it does get processed pretty quickly even on weekends.
Jul 22, 2004
827 posts
120 upvotes
Montreal
pvp wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:50 am
I think they do the rebate before taxes.
Yeah, you are right:

Subtotal $600.00
Shipping $0.00
Handling $39.90
GST/HST $21.99
PST $0.00
Promo Code -$200.00
Order Total $461.89
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5614 posts
387 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:44 am
Checkout cart:

I dont need this since i already have a 3d tv... but its soo cheeap :(

desicions decisions.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes
Darko wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:52 am
I dont need this since i already have a 3d tv... but its soo cheeap :(

desicions decisions.
+1 on the so cheap part. Looking for a tv but 3d not needed
Apr 10, 2005
194 posts
51 upvotes
pulled the trigger and bought 2 LOL....thanks op
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2967 posts
2899 upvotes
Montreal
Quebec is cheaper only 5% GST but have to pay handling fee.

However, Newegg.ca haven't fix their system to include $42.50 eco fee + tax for TV bigger than 30 inch. So saving more...

Order Total $461.89

You can get another 1.5% from Great Canadian Rebate

or

get 10x air miles from www.airmilesshops.ca
× < >