Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Newegg: LG 42" LED 1080P 120hz 3D HDTV with 2 sets of Gaming Glasses - 480.25 shipped

Poll: In response to Newegg resolution offer, which option are you taking ?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.

Poll ended at Jan 13th, 2013 2:23 am

Nov 7, 2004
918 posts
57 upvotes
CALGARY
From my exp, I won't be doing business with Newegg anymore. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.
According to UPS, Newegg received the returned TV since Jan 24.
Last week, I contacted Newegg and they claimed they have never received it. Told me it'd take time to investigate and they'd get back to me.
They told me they had the shipping insured. (So I thought I shouldn't be worried.)

About a week has passed, they've never contacted me back.
I contacted them, I was told that I have to contact UPS myself and file a claim. How can I file a claim with UPS when it was Newegg that initiated the shipment and paid for the shipping?

Yesterday, I received an email that my RMA was canceled because they haven't received the return product within the specified time frame.

Now I don't have even a defective TV. Newegg has my money and (according to UPS website) the TV.
What happened to the good old Newegg?

What can I do? Any suggestions? I tried to contact AMEX, but according to the voice mail, I should contact them during business hours.
So for now, is my only option is to be patient and wait until Monday and contact AMEX?
There should be no problem right? As AMEX should be able to investigate that the shipment & corresponding tracking number was initiated by Newegg.
And that the product has reached Newegg according to UPS.

This has definitely been a nightmare. Definitely not worth my time. With the time I wasted communicating with Newegg, I've already probably wasted more than the cost of this TV. With this kind of customer service, I'm surprised they're still in business.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1712814
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1694667

"Shipment Progress: Delivered - Whittier, CA, US
Left At: Dock

Delivered:Thursday, 01/24/2013"
Jun 19, 2006
886 posts
65 upvotes
I took the $100 option even I would love the cheap 3D TV ... Newegg is no longer on my trusted list.
I am only gonna get some freebies and that's it.

For the above poster, I highly doubt if AMEX would be any help. It is Newegg's matter ... sounds like.
Nov 7, 2004
918 posts
57 upvotes
CALGARY
dkq wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:36 am
I took the $100 option even I would love the cheap 3D TV ... Newegg is no longer on my trusted list.
I am only gonna get some freebies and that's it.

For the above poster, I highly doubt if AMEX would be any help. It is Newegg's matter ... sounds like.
Newegg is NOT on my trusted list either.
I won't be doing anymore business with them anytime soon. I'll only use them for PM from now on.

I just talked to my credit card company and yes, they'll do a chargeback after the item has been received by Newegg for 30 days. So Newegg has about 13 more days to provide me with a refund, before AMEX do a chargeback on them.

I also called Newegg, and suddenly they claimed that they've already received the item, but it was delivered to a wrong warehouse--when it was them who arranged the whole shipment. Very professional the whole thing! (First I waited at home on January 14, 15, 16, 18, 21, 22, before somebody actually came to pick the TV up on Jan 23. I was told their guys didn't arrange the pick up correctly earlier, again, very professional there. I wasted 6 days at home for nothing.)
According to UPS, they received it since January 24, 2013. So if I didn't bother to call them/check if I have received the refund yet or not.
They'd probably just keep both my money and the defective TV. What a *****!
They make BB, FS, and even Staples and Memory Express look like saints.

What I've learnt is that it's worth it to pay maybe a bit more sometimes at Costco or other B&M stores, just for the better customer services. Newegg has just ruined online shopping for me (except for the stores with local B&M stores, I guess.)
× < >