Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

LG 65 B6 OLED65B6P $3999 at NewEgg - PM Opp?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 3:30 pm
Tags:
Feb 10, 2006
75 posts
26 upvotes

[Newegg] LG 65 B6 OLED65B6P $3999 at NewEgg - PM Opp?

The LG 65" OLED65B6P is $3999 at NewEgg with free shipping: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... BH55HY2213. Says it ships from XYZSHOP.CA which gives me pause.

That's my price range for that set but would rather buy locally. Which PM has the best chance of succeeding: Best Buy, Visions, Andres or Brick?
33 replies
Oct 24, 2009
193 posts
177 upvotes
Brighton, Ontario
tron319 wrote: The LG 65" OLED65B6P is $3999 at NewEgg with free shipping: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... BH55HY2213. Says it ships from XYZSHOP.CA which gives me pause.

That's my price range for that set but would rather buy locally. Which PM has the best chance of succeeding: Best Buy, Visions, Andres or Brick?
If you can wait, I'd wait. The 2017's are just about to hit the market. I think you will see further reductions at BB etc on the 2016's at that time. Current BB price for 65" B6 is $4499.95. Another $500 drop is well within reason. IMO.
Feb 6, 2008
821 posts
260 upvotes
The B7 (2017 version) is already available from Best Buy.
Aug 17, 2009
322 posts
226 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks, OP. Today I bought the new model, the 65B7, for $4.5k at Visions in Victoria. Thanks to RFDer sacthegreat666 for posting that price on the BB VIP day forum. Ashley at Visions was able to confirm the price from sacthegreat666's deal on their internal computer system, so no need for a copy of the receipt.
As for the 65B6P, I was quoted $4k at London Drugs. They have it tagged on the floor for $4.5k, but that includes delivery, setup, and something Monster. I asked for a quote on just the TV, and $4k was offered. Confirmed new in box at Victoria Yates st location.
And now it's time to say goodbye to my beloved 50" Pioneer Kuro KRP-500 which still looks spectacular! Probably have to sell it on an auction site or UsedVictoria. I'm curious to compare it side-by-side to the new OLED. Within the limitations of 1080 content, I think the Kuro will be quite competitive. Only reason for the new TV is to go bigger, and IMO OLED is the only logical successor. BTW, Visions has the new Sony OLED on display for $7.5k.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/Pioneer-K ... -TV-review
Feb 10, 2006
75 posts
26 upvotes
phillyjim wrote: Thanks, OP. Today I bought the new model, the 65B7, for $4.5k at Visions in Victoria. Thanks to RFDer sacthegreat666 for posting that price on the BB VIP day forum. Ashley at Visions was able to confirm the price from sacthegreat666's deal on their internal computer system, so no need for a copy of the receipt.
As for the 65B6P, I was quoted $4k at London Drugs. They have it tagged on the floor for $4.5k, but that includes delivery, setup, and something Monster. I asked for a quote on just the TV, and $4k was offered. Confirmed new in box at Victoria Yates st location.
And now it's time to say goodbye to my beloved 50" Pioneer Kuro KRP-500 which still looks spectacular! Probably have to sell it on an auction site or UsedVictoria. I'm curious to compare it side-by-side to the new OLED. Within the limitations of 1080 content, I think the Kuro will be quite competitive. Only reason for the new TV is to go bigger, and IMO OLED is the only logical successor. BTW, Visions has the new Sony OLED on display for $7.5k.
So to confirm:

- You went to VIsions and they looked up what they have previously sold a 65B7 for; or did you have to give them a name to lookup?
- sacthegreat666 said they got "extended insurance from Visions". Did you get that too? If so is it worth it?
- Last: do both of you live in the same city? I'm in Kamloops and wondering if our location would have any qualms finding & matching the price you two got.

Thanks very much sharing your purchase info!
Aug 17, 2009
322 posts
226 upvotes
Victoria
ineedmoneypls wrote: does it have the newest version of HDR?
It appears the the B7 has added HLG, but not sure when or if this will be utilized...

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-OLED65B6P

"OLED HDR ... fully supports both Dolby Vision and the Ultra HD Premium"

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-OLED65B7P

"LG is the only TV with Active HDR with Dolby Vision™, delivering the ability to support all major formats of HDR (Dolby Vision™, HDR 10, and HLG), making sure your TV is future-proof and giving you amazing picture."
Aug 17, 2009
322 posts
226 upvotes
Victoria
No name was needed....he found the sale (in Richmond I think) immediately. I did not get the extra warranty. It was a lot of money ($800 I think) although you do get some of that back against another purchase if you don't use it. I never buy extended warranties...unless super cheap from Costco. Many credit cards will double your warranty to 2 years from 1. I hope that if the TV works for 2 years, it will work until it no longer works. :-) I may be naive, but so far, so good. I'm in Victoria. Ashley said that the information should be available at any location. Maybe go straight to a sales manager instead of working your way up through the sales staff?
Mar 21, 2016
373 posts
213 upvotes
Yvr
phillyjim wrote: Thanks, OP. Today I bought the new model, the 65B7, for $4.5k at Visions in Victoria. Thanks to RFDer sacthegreat666 for posting that price on the BB VIP day forum. Ashley at Visions was able to confirm the price from sacthegreat666's deal on their internal computer system, so no need for a copy of the receipt.

Do you know how much is the 55" B7?
Apr 21, 2015
410 posts
528 upvotes
Calgary, AB
phillyjim wrote: No name was needed....he found the sale (in Richmond I think) immediately. I did not get the extra warranty. It was a lot of money ($800 I think) although you do get some of that back against another purchase if you don't use it. I never buy extended warranties...unless super cheap from Costco. Many credit cards will double your warranty to 2 years from 1. I hope that if the TV works for 2 years, it will work until it no longer works. :-) I may be naive, but so far, so good. I'm in Victoria. Ashley said that the information should be available at any location. Maybe go straight to a sales manager instead of working your way up through the sales staff?
I work for Visions so you're welcome to take this with a grain of salt but this is full breakdown of our warranty.

First off, you get the full amount of your warranty back as a store credit. So if you buy an $800 warranty and you don't use it you get it all back. The catch is that you have to use it against a purchase of $1600 or more. It's a silly catch I know but how many warranties do you get back?

Second, our warranty is in home service, so you don't have to pack up the TV and bring it in, have us send it to our technicians and wait for a response/repair. We send our technicians right to your home to assess whether or not it's fixable or to just replace it. Honestly 98 times out of 100 we'll just replace it since the cost of fixing dead pixels etc is just so outrageous.

I will say that I know our warranty is more expensive than most warranties out there but I feel like our benefits are pretty good.

As for our pricing? We'll kick the shit out of BB and the like any day! But you have to go in store to get that pricing.

Anyway, that TV you got is so **** sweet. Worst part of working at Visions is seeing all these pretty TVs knowing I'll probably never get one lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Title says PM OPP, so is Ontario Provincial Police selling electronics now!!!

Where can I find the closest OPP store?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jul 16, 2002
294 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
PriceHunter wrote: Title says PM OPP, so is Ontario Provincial Police selling electronics now!!!

Where can I find the closest OPP store?
Many police jurisdictions have auctions:
https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/how-to/obt ... e-auctions
http://www.policeauctionscanada.com/

Back on topic, I would go for the B7 that just came out or look at a B6 at a steeper discount as stores start clearing stock for this year's new models.
From what I've read, the new HDR methods aren't a huge difference.
Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!
Aug 17, 2009
322 posts
226 upvotes
Victoria
teabag84 wrote: Just noticed Amazon has it listed for $3999... albeit a 3rd party seller. Not sure how safe that is given the expense.

OLED65B6P @ Amazon.ca
I was quoted the same price at London Drugs in Victoria.
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
665 upvotes
Ottawa
This set is $2499 USD on a number of sites if you're close to the border. $1000 saved after HST/duty paid is worth it to me, but I'd rather save another $1000+ and slum it with a Samsung 65" KS8000 for a while longer...
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good price but agree that it will likely go down further (significantly) this year alone.

One heads up, the "Game Mode" for those that need it apparently doesn't activate HDR, so if you're worried about input lag AND want HDR gaming, this set may let you down ATM. I'm not clear on how bad the lag is outside of game mode (which would enable HDR).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Alexandero2 wrote: It's a good price but agree that it will likely go down further (significantly) this year alone.

One heads up, the "Game Mode" for those that need it apparently doesn't activate HDR, so if you're worried about input lag AND want HDR gaming, this set may let you down ATM. I'm not clear on how bad the lag is outside of game mode (which would enable HDR).
They recently updated the firmware on the TV to either enable HDR with game mode or lower the input lag when HDR is activated to a reasonable level so I dont think this is a concern anymore.