• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 6:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4751 posts
2791 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Also the last flagship with an IR blaster. A feature that is useful to me.
Mar 23, 2016
10 posts
Toronto
Highly recommended phone, especially for such a great price.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3335 posts
429 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:11 pm
Event though many ppl view LG as a second rate company (comparing to Apple/Samsung), but I've always been drawn back to them (have the 4G LTE, G, G3, G5). There's always some somewhat unique features about their phones. For the G3/G5 I like the double tap to wake, and for the G5, I like the Always On Display.
signature closed for renovation
Sep 2, 2017
102 posts
64 upvotes
Canada
cartfan123 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:11 pm
it’s great for turning on/off tv screens, even in public if you feel like trolling cineplex, stores, restaurants, bars etc lol not that anyone should do so.. it’s not so nice
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2343 posts
384 upvotes
Vancouver
recordman wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:25 pm
Event though many ppl view LG as a second rate company (comparing to Apple/Samsung), but I've always been drawn back to them (have the 4G LTE, G, G3, G5). There's always some somewhat unique features about their phones. For the G3/G5 I like the double tap to wake, and for the G5, I like the Always On Display.
Ditto, and I had two G4s go bootloop. LG service was pretty easy. Prepaid shipping to, got a loaner phone from my carrier, and I was back in business within the week. Have a couple of G6s now and a GPadIII. My only misgivings now is the non-removable battery on the G6 and that they closed the local service centre here in Vancouver.
Nov 27, 2011
2 posts
Toronto, Ontario
This is a fantastic deal. I've been using this phone for over 6 months now and am very happy with it. Powerful with a great camera.

Also, if you're an audiophlie, you'll really appreciate the built in DAC it has.
Mar 4, 2009
699 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
So if they are allowing DOA returns, that means "no-return" if the phone is working. What about phone that has some minor problems? probably no return/refund?

Very temping. To buy or wait for BF/BD.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4768 posts
587 upvotes
GVR
last_sd wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:02 pm
So if they are allowing DOA returns, that means "no-return" if the phone is working. What about phone has some minor problems? probably no return/refund?
I might be splitting hair here... I think when Newegg says no return, they really mean no return and (i.e. followed by a) refund. Whereas they would allow for exchange (of the same model of product) if DOA or other immediate defect, right?
Mar 4, 2009
699 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
chatbox wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:09 pm
I might be splitting hair here... I think when Newegg says no return, they really mean no return and (i.e. followed by a) refund. Whereas they would allow for exchange (of the same model of product) if DOA or other immediate defect, right?
Hmm. I think you are right. It might be exchange only deal. That makes more sense. They just want to get rid of their final V20 stock, without having to deal with return/refund.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2185 posts
349 upvotes
According to LG Canada Website:

"All products must be purchased in Canada in order to qualify for in-warranty support.  Before purchasing an online unit, make sure the model is a Canadian model from a Canadian Website."

Looks no warranty for this phone for us....unless someone else can chime in with different experience?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3454 posts
559 upvotes
Confirmed no warranty in Canada.

Technically you'd still have warranty, but you'd have to send it to LG US and they can only ship back to a US Address.
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1779 posts
543 upvotes
I have an LG G3, and have had this for years. Works without issues, but its getting a little slow and difficult to find OEM batteries for a reasonable price.

Is this a huge upgrade for me? Or should I wait it out one more / grab a samsung s8+?

I am looking for a phone that will last atleast 2-3 more years, as I do not upgrade often. I love replaceable batteries, as the $800-1500 phone with a defined lifespan is **** bullshit, but it seems that everyone is moving that route now so i will have to adapt if the benefits of the performance are worth it (ie. s8+ looks damn nice).
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10967 posts
1118 upvotes
London
cfanalyst wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:56 pm
I have an LG G3, and have had this for years. Works without issues, but its getting a little slow and difficult to find OEM batteries for a reasonable price.

Is this a huge upgrade for me? Or should I wait it out one more / grab a samsung s8+?

I am looking for a phone that will last atleast 2-3 more years, as I do not upgrade often. I love replaceable batteries, as the $800-1500 phone with a defined lifespan is **** bullshit, but it seems that everyone is moving that route now so i will have to adapt if the benefits of the performance are worth it (ie. s8+ looks damn nice).
I'd take the V20 over the S8

I've owned both, and use a V20 now. In general use there is no noticeable difference in terms of performance between the two... in fact, if anything the V20 is faster because Samsung devices start to slow down and chug as you use them for a couple weeks. I always find myself doing a factory reset at least once a month on Samsung phones.

The only thing that I would give the nod to on the S8 is the display. I'd say the V20 is better in every other aspect. It is my favorite phone since the OnePlus One

It also offers removable battery, which is a big thing these days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

slickdealer