Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] LG V20 $375 with FS

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 6:45 pm
Tags:
Sep 17, 2016
107 posts
92 upvotes
Not worth it IMO. When my wife's nexus 5x bootloop do (from Newegg) LG couldn't even decide what country it was from. Trying to find a replacement board for it (even paying for the repair, even though at the time LG was supposedly paying for them off warranty) was impossible. I talked to LG Canada, LG USA, LG UK, LG Jamaica, LG Indonesia... A whole day of phone tag and I ended up selling it for parts and buying a Nokia 6.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3336 posts
429 upvotes
cfanalyst wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:56 pm
I have an LG G3, and have had this for years. Works without issues, but its getting a little slow and difficult to find OEM batteries for a reasonable price.
I think I ordered a real G3 battery from these guys. It was around $12. The battery works like the one that came with the phone.

Big speed change from G3 to a SD820 phone like the G5. The v20 is very close to the G5 which I have.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4773 posts
590 upvotes
GVR
goat wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:26 pm
Confirmed no warranty in Canada.

Technically you'd still have warranty, but you'd have to send it to LG US and they can only ship back to a US Address.
Given that Canada LG has this:
"All products must be purchased in Canada in order to qualify for in-warranty support. Before purchasing an online unit, make sure the model is a Canadian model from a Canadian Website."

Wouldn't the US LG have this? :
"All products must be purchased in the USA in order to qualify for in-warranty support. Before purchasing an online unit, make sure the model is a USA model from a USA Website."
Jan 21, 2017
32 posts
32 upvotes
I've been eyeing this phone for a while now as a xmas gift for the gf but the two main features she likes on her phone is a good camera and speakerphone. Read a few reviews mention that the sound on the speakerphone is terrible due to the grill over it. There are some DIY video out there showing how to remove the grill but it then leaves the speaker unprotected.

For those who own this phone, is the speakerphone that awful?
Apr 14, 2013
303 posts
154 upvotes
Brampton
recordman wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:10 pm
Care to explain?
its an amazing phone have had mine for over a year, removable battery, and high fi dac is amazing feature hard to find in other phones.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10968 posts
1118 upvotes
London
dillonsandhu7 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:21 pm
its an amazing phone have had mine for over a year, removable battery, and high fi dac is amazing feature hard to find in other phones.
The DAC is mindblowingly good. I can actually use my 250ohm impedance cans with this phone.
Mar 4, 2009
699 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
dillonsandhu7 wrote:
Viper98 wrote:
The DAC is mindblowingly good. I can actually use my 250ohm impedance cans with this phone.
How do you guys like the LG "skin" on top of android?
Also, do you guys have screen bleeding?
May 1, 2008
71 posts
9 upvotes
You guys convinced me. I was still rocking my m7 Smiling Face With Open Mouth!
Mar 15, 2008
245 posts
47 upvotes
I just bought one of these. Will be travelling extensively next year and would like a phone that can take good photos when I may not be lugging my camera around. I was going to wait to see what the prices of Pixels will be on black Friday, but I doubt they will be at this level. Thanks OP, will be a nice upgrade from my One M8 (although Ill miss the speakers).

Also don't forget double eBates at Newegg right now (only 2% but better than nothing).
Last edited by Decivox on Nov 10th, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 14, 2013
303 posts
154 upvotes
Brampton
last_sd wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:26 pm
How do you guys like the LG "skin" on top of android?
Also, do you guys have screen bleeding?
There not many LG apps on it but I don't have an issue with it I usually use Nova Launcher, also my v20 doesn't have screen bleeding. This is a terrific pice last year I spent 700$
Apr 14, 2013
303 posts
154 upvotes
Brampton
Decivox wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:30 pm
I just bought one of these. Will be travelling extensively next year and would like a phone that can take good photos when I may not be lugging my camera around. I was going to wait to see what the prices of Pixels will be on black Friday, but I doubt they will be at this level. Thanks OP, will be a nice upgrade from my One M8 (although Ill miss the speakers).
if you can get first gen pixel for about 400$ if taking photos is primary for you it would be a better phone, v20 takes decent pics but pixel is better.
Mar 15, 2008
245 posts
47 upvotes
dillonsandhu7 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:31 pm
if you can get first gen pixel for about 400$ if taking photos is primary for you it would be a better phone, v20 takes decent pics but pixel is better.
Ive seen comparisons and do like the Pixel better in some of the shots, but in others the V20 does win in my opinion. What I like the most about the V20 over the Pixels camera is the wide angle lens as an option. That to me is worth the trade off in some of the situations the Pixel wins out.
Mar 4, 2009
699 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
dillonsandhu7 wrote:
$400 for new 1st gen Pixel XL outright? Where could I find that deal?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10968 posts
1118 upvotes
London
dillonsandhu7 wrote:
The photo quality on the PIxel is a little better... but the V20 is a better camera overall because of the wide angle lens.
Apr 14, 2013
303 posts
154 upvotes
Brampton
last_sd wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:34 pm
$400 for new 1st gen Pixel XL outright? Where could I find that deal?
eBay