Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Logitech harmony elite (refurb) $199 90 day warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 3:10 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Newegg] Logitech harmony elite (refurb) $199 90 day warranty

Seems like a decent deal to me, had good luck with other device refurbs, usually like new. Could not verify if this is refurbed from logitech or a third party, but at this price might be worth a try. Usually easy to return to newegg if problems.
Oh also on sale new from amazon and bb for $308.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
This occasionally goes on sale through Amazon UK. I picked up mine new for ~$180 CAD delivered.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
Have this remote and absolutely hate it, (my 5th or 6th harmony overall) do not recommend.
Jan 26, 2011
304 posts
290 upvotes
Ajax
nsd wrote: Have this remote and absolutely hate it, (my 5th or 6th harmony overall) do not recommend.
What’s wrong with it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Anyone have a source for a replacement battery for the harmony ultimate? Mine is going bad after 6 or 7 years, charges only last an hour or so. Hence my looking at this. Lol and a tut on opening the unit up. Still going to buy this though even though basically the same remote in a different body.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
kingest_kong wrote: What’s wrong with it?
- Bad battery life
- Slow charging
- Shitty ergonomics (coming from the harmony one or even harmony companion - this one wobbles and pivots if you try to operate on a surface it without picking it up due to its rounded bottom side
- Insane delay from sleep state to its first issued command (1s+ sometimes)
- Where are my physical number keys? Why are the software ones a number of swipes away on the touchscreen?
- Not elite specific, but Logi's software is trash and stuck in the 90s. For an activity let's say I define a sequence of 15 key presses to enable whatever picture profile on my tv. I then need to recreate the same sequence from scratch in order to toggle it off. AND THEN I need to do everything all over again for if I want this sequence to show up in another activity as well.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
yeah, i've tried just about every one of these "newer" connected harmony remotes and hubs and they are for the most part shit. my original harmony was awesome, it was easy to work all my stuff from the one remote and since stupidly selling it and going to these "smart" version ones i've had nothing but headaches. the remote will forget programmed steps turning on a device and getting it to the right input so i have to constantly hit the "fix device" button and even then it doesn't save the fix... it only fixes it to work during that one time operation.

don't get me started on the web app to program your devices and the commands...... it's a complete shit show. and only then tells you for some devices i will need an IR extension to work a device (nowhere stated on the box before buying it) so i can't operate my Nvidia shield... so yet another remote to fall in the couch or be sitting on the other side of the room i have to get up for. my original remote worked the shield without an IR extension so go figure that.... even their phone app won't do it. even though it says it will.

the fact they tried to put all their eggs in one basket by also making it a smart device controller working your lights, thermostat, etc. just complicated it beyond what they should have done and basically crippled it trying to make it be an all in one. if they ditched it to go back to just working electronic devices they would be better off.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4244 posts
316 upvotes
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: the remote will forget programmed steps turning on a device and getting it to the right input so i have to constantly hit the "fix device" button and even then it doesn't save the fix... it only fixes it to work during that one time operation.
This should never ever happen. There's no way the remote "forgets" the steps. You need to revisit your activities and set some delays or adjust the order things happen in. 99.9% the remote is sending commands faster than the device that they're being sent to can accept them - which is why "fix device" works but the next trigger of the activity from off state doesn't. Let me know if you need help with this.
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: and only then tells you for some devices i will need an IR extension to work a device (nowhere stated on the box before buying it) so i can't operate my Nvidia shield
There is no way it would realistically tell you on the box that your device may need an IR blaster. That being said the shield is an android device and it has bluetooth, so you might be able to ditch the blaster that way. Can't help you since I don't have one but I bet it's doable. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/har ... dia-shield
Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
Can I use this to start my gas fire place that uses RF remote ?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1424 posts
394 upvotes
GVRD
nsd wrote: Have this remote and absolutely hate it, (my 5th or 6th harmony overall) do not recommend.
I love mine.

I use it to control my lights, nest thermostat and and all my AV equipment.

Edit. I should also mention that for better functionality I have purchased the PS4 Bluetooth adapter, the small IR Blaster that stick to the IR receptors on the AV devices and have set my TV up to respond to IP commands.

Works 99% of the time and I don't require any line of sight to my devices.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
nsd wrote: This should never ever happen. There's no way the remote "forgets" the steps. You need to revisit your activities and set some delays or adjust the order things happen in. 99.9% the remote is sending commands faster than the device that they're being sent to can accept them - which is why "fix device" works but the next trigger of the activity from off state doesn't. Let me know if you need help with this.

There is no way it would realistically tell you on the box that your device may need an IR blaster. That being said the shield is an android device and it has bluetooth, so you might be able to ditch the blaster that way. Can't help you since I don't have one but I bet it's doable. https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/har ... dia-shield
i'm not kidding, it does forget or skips steps in turning on a device and making sure it's on and ready. i always have to hit the "fix device" button. and i have checked and double checked that i have it setup correctly and have done the adjustment of the delays and it still happens.... everytime. i eventually removed that device to do it manually... which means messing with more than one remote, thus defeating the reason to have the harmony. and there should be some kind of statement to the fact that not ALL devices that require IR will be compatible or will need an IR extender to properly work. it's not that hard to put something like that on the box to warn a suspected buyer, or refer them to the harmony site to look it up.... i don't know about others, but i don't always remember everything when buying something like this and run into trouble afterwards. so it would be nice to have that as a "just be sure" to have the buyer check the site before committing.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Jan 2, 2009
490 posts
235 upvotes
So are all you guys saying that none of these new remotes are as good as the harmony one? My one is still working fine but it is old so who knows for how long.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
nanyte wrote: So are all you guys saying that none of these new remotes are as good as the harmony one? My one is still working fine but it is old so who knows for how long.
I have no problem with my harmony ultimate that is pretty much the same as this remote, other than that is that it needs a new battery.
Pretty much the same as the harmony one other than the shape and feel of it which some don't like, and that it works with the harmony hub.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Taxfax wrote: Can I use this to start my gas fire place that uses RF remote ?
No. I've connected my fireplace gas valve to a relay powered by a TP-Link smart plug using the normally open contacts. A simple mod and it works great. I also set the smart plug to turn off automatically after 30min as a safety precaution.
Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: No. I've connected my fireplace gas valve to a relay powered by a TP-Link smart plug using the normally open contacts. A simple mod and it works great. I also set the smart plug to turn off automatically after 30min as a safety precaution.
Is there any way you can share how you did that mod ,and what parts you used?
Thank you
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lush78 wrote: This occasionally goes on sale through Amazon UK. I picked up mine new for ~$180 CAD delivered.
Yes I did the same in January cost me $197 cdn all in. Great remote although I have it set up with Google home so I control my system by voice.
Lorenzo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
Taxfax wrote: Is there any way you can share how you did that mod ,and what parts you used?
Thank you
No problem, its very simple. Hopefully you already have a 120v outlet under your fireplace to power your fan. Plug in a smart plug (any that you prefer) to your spare outlet. Then cut the female side off a power cable and terminate the black and white wires to the coil on the relay base. Plug the male end into the smart plug. Then use some low voltage wiring to terminate on the NO (normally open) contacts of the relay base to the two terminals on your gas valve in parallel with the two wires that are probably already there from your wall switch, and possibly 2 more that your RF controller uses. Done. Now when you switch your smart plug to "on" it will power the relay coil and close the NO contacts and operate your gas valve to turn on your fireplace. Use a relay and base such as this one...

https://www.amazon.ca/Baomain-MY2NJ-Gen ... way&sr=8-5
Aug 15, 2017
438 posts
871 upvotes
Can't comment on this model handset, but I own three different Harmony Hubs with the various other remotes, and they all work perfectly for me.

I've installed Hubs at my parents and my in-laws, and I've had a few friends pick them up too. No complaints so far. Using the software to upgrade from older remotes has even worked just fine.

Big fan overall. I paid more than this for the next model down, so I suppose this is a decent deal; can't comment on refurb quality.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
This mod will also allow you to control your fireplace using google home/alexa. I use google home and its great being able to command the fireplace on using voice. I also have the plug set to one of the hard automation buttons on this remote to control it directly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)