Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

MSI GeForce 1080 Duke OC - $599

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 8:12 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
hooya wrote: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/ne ... uly-launch

Apparently confirmed for July Launch. Does anyone know what kind of performance to be expected? Will it match 1080 or 1080ti?
Wow this is getting blown out of proportion. Lisa never mentioned when RX Vega was coming out, she mentioned it would be shortly after the frontier edition. Never believe anything WCCFTech says, and especially never believe anything a site that sources them says. Lately with AMD news its been like that game when we were kids where we would go around in a circle and add a bit to the story whispering it in each others ears, then see how messed up it got by the time it got back round.

Wait until May 31st to find out the release date.
Last edited by nadrojcote on May 24th, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 4, 2014
78 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I could be wrong but I remember reading something about performance around the 1080 ti
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2012
2221 posts
1570 upvotes
Nigelv92 wrote: I could be wrong but I remember reading something about performance around the 1080 ti
Rumored there will be three cards, directly competing with 1070, 1080 and 1080ti. Again we will have to wait to find out for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
102 upvotes
ZipSpeed wrote: It would be great if AMD could pull another Ryzen with Vega, it might be worth the wait.
Dunno. Nvidia's Gamestream / Moonlight thing is absolutely brilliant.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Congrats to those of you who were able to buy one of these cards! This is an outstanding deal. A GTX 1080 will really benefit from such beefy cooling; this card is probably an overclocking monster. I would buy this card without hesitation if I did not already have a GTX 1070.

These are interesting times in terms of GPUs. AMD will be releasing Vega soon and it also looks like nVidia is poised to drop Volta at any time. It should be interesting to say the least. If Volta can offer GTX 1080 Ti performance for a GTX 1070 price, I will be in for one. AMD has a habit of making more performance affordable for gamers so I am hopeful that Vega will do just that. A price war would be wonderful.
Feb 15, 2013
211 posts
118 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm pretty pessimistic on Vega.
Jan 14, 2016
139 posts
190 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
BinaryJay wrote: My opinion was Newegg in general is not worth it. Hey does anybody remember that time we bought GTX 980s and they sent us GTX 970s? That was pretty awesome. I even had to fight them to pay for the return shipping for their obvious screw up. What really stung was that I had excitedly already sold my 680 in anticipation.
Are you kidding? LoL that's funny but only because the way you wrote it.
"Hey does anybody remember that time we bought GTX 980s and they sent us GTX 970s? That was pretty awesome. "
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1503 posts
581 upvotes
konsensei wrote: Side question: should I aim for the Strix version if I plan to do a silent build?
Strix is waaaay better.
Feb 13, 2011
46 posts
7 upvotes
Port Hope
If anyone ordered this and decides they don't want it, I will buy from them and collect in GTA. Thanks
Oct 21, 2013
64 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
konsensei wrote: Side question: should I aim for the Strix version if I plan to do a silent build?
I have the Strix version. If you want to keep the temps under 80 in demanding games you have to crank the fans up and it's far from silent.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
BradS005 wrote: I have the Strix version. If you want to keep the temps under 80 in demanding games you have to crank the fans up and it's far from silent.
What if I rarely game? I am aiming for a very silent build, and planning to go with most parts from BeQuiet! + Noctua. The main use would be for other image/video editing.
Oct 21, 2013
64 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
konsensei wrote: What if I rarely game? I am aiming for a very silent build, and planning to go with most parts from BeQuiet! + Noctua. The main use would be for other image/video editing.
The fans don't spin at all until the card hits 60 degrees. So until that point it is completely silent. If you keep the fans to under 40% you will be happy with the noise levels.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)