Hot Deals

[Newegg] NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender - Desktop Version (WN2000RPT-200NAS) $19.99 free shipping

[OP]
May 13, 2009
4608 posts
7562 upvotes
Scarborough

[Newegg] NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender - Desktop Version (WN2000RPT-200NAS) $19.99 free shipping

Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules
hot-deals/announcement-a.html
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2942 posts
201 upvotes
I'm tempted. I currently have a powerline adapter with one ethernet port that I have to keep switching over between an android box and my son's Nintendo Switch (which has awful wifi BTW). For $20, I'm wondering if the combination of the signal boast as well as being to plug in multiple devices via ethernet will give me better speeds. Anyone have experience with these? The fact that it's not 5G doesn't bother me too much for that price. Reviews seems to be middling.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1443 posts
302 upvotes
Montreal
This is a great price, especially for one with 4 ethernet ports. Even though this doesn't support 5GHz bands or ac, 300mbps over 2.4GHz is fast enough for most people.
I would have picked this up if I didn't just buy a used rt-ac66u on kijiji yesterday to use as a bridge.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4105 posts
749 upvotes
Vancouver
reviews seem 50/50
Nov 1, 2017
144 posts
39 upvotes
movieking wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 1:05 pm
I'm tempted. I currently have a powerline adapter with one ethernet port that I have to keep switching over between an android box and my son's Nintendo Switch (which has awful wifi BTW). For $20, I'm wondering if the combination of the signal boast as well as being to plug in multiple devices via ethernet will give me better speeds. Anyone have experience with these? The fact that it's not 5G doesn't bother me too much for that price. Reviews seems to be middling.
Router to Router is generally alot faster than using the wireless adapter on a laptop or desktop.

Compared to a powerline I'm not too sure. If this was an AC router extending an AC signal, I'd say do it, but this is just a budget 300N